5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I was looking for falls and doits and have been directed to use SHIFT-U. Which gets me six different symbols:

1 arc upwards after the note head
2 arc downwards after the note head
3 horizontal wiggly line after the note head
4 long descending wiggly line after the note head
5 short ascending wiggly line before the note head
6 arc upwards before the note head

But I haven't been able to find any links betweem them and the techniques. Any clues?

Masi

PS: I'm missing the arc downwards before the note head ( a "plop")
by thorrild on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:00 am
Hi Masi,

The techniques are not hooked up in Notion's sound library unless the instrument is designated as a Jazz instrument and you have purchased the appropriate expansion sound. And even if you do this, I don't think all 6 techniques are available for any single instrument. The Jazz Clarinet, for example only reacts to technique no. 6, the arc upwards before the note head. The techniques may be hooked up for other libraries, but I haven't found one yet.

Since you posted this under Custom rules, I assume that you know you cannot write custom rules for Notion's own sound set.

Best,
Thorrild

27" iMac 2016; OS 10.12.6
13" MacBook Pro 2017 OS 10.12.6
by johnnewberry on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:46 am
I use these with SampleModeling instruments. The example below is of a trombone staff.

Jazz Technique_.png

Don't have the Notion Jazz Instrument Bundle so I don't know which of them respond to these symbols. See the Presonus/Notion web-store for description of the jazz instruments and there samples that are associated with these technique.

,Newberry

:arrow:
by martinkutschker on Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:55 am
Sadly all is as you have written. I got a response from customer support stating the same. I have expressed my disappointment and wish for a change in a future version of Notion.

Masi
by martinkutschker on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:45 am
Some magic has happened. It works now! :D

Brian has suggested to me a workaround by creating a staff with Notion jazz instruments and then adding an instrumebt switch to Kontakt. This worked well.

After that I noticed it to work even without the workoraound. The custom rules react on the jazz techniques on any staff. Shame on me for buggering you.

Masi

PS: What does not work are doits/falls with Session Horns Pro. That's because I need to send MIDI pitch bend to trigger the sound in Kontakt. But at least I can get make my horns growl and shake by plain old keyswitches ;)

PPS: It's annoying that so many VST cannot be reconfigured to use other MIDI events.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1