Discuss Progression - tab, notation & songwriting for guitar, bass, keyboards and drums
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello all, just grabbed Progression over the weekend, and it seems decent so far but I'm having on huge time wasting problem.

Is there a way to move all selected notes up or down a position? For example.. In a bar, there are a bunch of A power chords, tabbed as 5/7 on e/a, but I want to switch them all to 0/2 on a/d at the same time. Currently I've got to take each individual note and move them one at a time.
eg:
a-77777
e-55555
- to -
d-22222
a-00000

Cheers
by Demordrah on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:26 am
Select all the 5/7 power chords that you wish to change and simply press the down arrow key on your keyboard a few times. They will shift in position to 3/5, 1/3, and finally 0/2.
by webriffs on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:05 am
Thanks but unfortunately that only changes the actual notes (would go from A to G# or Bb).

What I'm looking for is to keep the A chord, but move the position of the chord up a string, or take a rolling bass line that's defaulted to the E string at the fifth fret (aabc = 5578) and move it to the A string open (aabc = 0023) Currently I have to drag each fret number and drag it up or down to the next string.

a more precise example would be to go from this..
e---X
b---5
g---5
d---7
a---7
e---5

- to -
e---0
b---1
g---2
d---2
a---0
e---X

but do it all at once rather than string by string.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1