12 posts
Page 1 of 1
I tried using Studio One V2 free today. After a couple of hours I can confidently say that I will never purchase another Presonus product as long as I live. However, I am curious as to what I was doing wrong.

I used the "files" button to browse to my drum loops. Then I choose a loop and dragged it to a track. Then I played guitar to the drums on another track and recorded it as audio. The audio is not synced up to the loop. I can fix this problem by having S1 not stretch tracks to tempo, but then I can't change the tempo of my loop. If I set it so the loop is tempo adjustable, my audio records at an incorrect timing.

I have already uninstalled your product, but I'd love to know what I was missing and, perhaps as a bonus, why you would make an interface this frustrating?
by mwright137 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:55 am
What interface were you using? What was the block size set to?

You said you were using Studio One Free and proceeded to say you would never buy another PreSonus product. Did I miss something?

As a user of many PreSonus products, I'd have to say that I have no idea what you were getting the results you were getting. I generally start my songs exactly the same way you described and have no latency issues, but I have optimized my Mac for digital audio and have set my device block size as low as it can go without hiccups.

There are plenty of people here with answers if that's what you really want. If you are looking for PreSonus to pop in here and respond to your questions, that is not likely, This is a forum of, by, and for users of PreSonus products. PreSonus reps only step in occasionally.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by overcoat on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:04 pm
why even bother posting? and setting up a profile? seems a bit pointless since you've already made up your mind to not use the product. just sayin... :roll:

mac mini 2.6 quad core // RME UCX // modded GAP 73 // Warm Audio WA76// Blue Reaktor, Avantone CV-12Shure SM7B, Shure SM57 & 58 mic's // Korg ms2000b // Korg Padkontrol // Novation sl-mkii // DSI Tetra // Elektron Rytm // Moog Sub 37 // '91 American deluxe strat // Squire Jaguar bass // Martin D-15M // Arturia V-collection // Komplete 9 // UVI Vintage Vault//Lots more vst's and plugs...
by elegantmistake on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:15 pm
In the past I have purchased an audiobox (mediocre but not bad) and Studio one V1 (excellent product) and I used v1 extensively. So I am curious as to why I can't do anything in V2.
by -Luis- on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:31 pm
So you expect a free product with the same features as the full version?
by overcoat on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:39 pm
elegantmistake wroteIn the past I have purchased an audiobox (mediocre but not bad) and Studio one V1 (excellent product) and I used v1 extensively. So I am curious as to why I can't do anything in V2.

Gotcha. I had an audiobox for a bit. mediocre is a pretty accurate description..

you may wanna try the demo of V2 as i don't believe it's limited like the free version. i could be wrong though. something to look into.

mac mini 2.6 quad core // RME UCX // modded GAP 73 // Warm Audio WA76// Blue Reaktor, Avantone CV-12Shure SM7B, Shure SM57 & 58 mic's // Korg ms2000b // Korg Padkontrol // Novation sl-mkii // DSI Tetra // Elektron Rytm // Moog Sub 37 // '91 American deluxe strat // Squire Jaguar bass // Martin D-15M // Arturia V-collection // Komplete 9 // UVI Vintage Vault//Lots more vst's and plugs...
by elegantmistake on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
The problem isn't the features per se. The problem is this, I would drop in a drum loop and record a guitar track to it and the guitar track is off timing. The DAW is changing the timing of what I am playing and I didn't ask it to do so. If that is a feature, I'm not interested. It really shouldn't be this hard to record a single audio track. :roll:
by overcoat on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:53 pm
hmmm... I've never had that problem so i can't suggest any fixes. it's probably something simple like a setting somewhere. someone here will sort it out i'm sure. not real busy around here on the weekends...

by -Luis- on Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:07 pm
Try this uncheck Stretch audio files to Song tempo and see if that helps.

Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-07-13 at 12.59.03 PM.png
by Kiwicomposer on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:23 pm
Also check that what you have these set at and toggle on and off the menu selection in "Options". These can potentially cause issues.

Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 9.20.10 am.png

Steve Currington
Wellington, New Zealand

Presonus Audiobox1818vsl, Presonus Audiobox USB, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Presonus Faderport, Presonus Monitor Station v2, M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 keyboard, KMI QuNeo & QuNexus, sundry other external FX hardware, mics, plugins & instruments.
Studio One v2.6.3, Sibelius v7.x, Notion v5.x, Progression v3.x, Melodyne Editor v2.1.2, Logic 9.x
iMac's & MacBookAir all running OSX Mavericks 10.9.5

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by scottyo7 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:32 pm
Wow... look how nice we all are. :mrgreen:

We're helping someone who will "never buy another PreSonus product" and pretty much complained 90% of the time while expecting an intricate program to give him stellar results in 14 minutes of use. ;)

I also echo "Overcoat"... why bother dude?
Good luck though in your search for satisfaction with a DAW. :lol:

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by stratoholic on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:53 pm
Many good suggestions - perhaps your sample rate has changed?

Presonus Eris E5 near-field monitors, Steinberg UR22 audio interface, Nektar Impact LX-61 keyboard controller, Dell XPS8700 i7, 8GB memory, 1TB hard drive, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, Presonus Studio One Producer 2.6.3.

12 posts
Page 1 of 1