Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all, if I turn the Quantum 2626 on, it crashes windows 11 every single time with a KS.sys BSOD. If I turn on MOTU 624 Thunderbolt 2, it works fine.
Had a ticket open with PreSonus support before, but no solution was found, as PreSonus support believes it is a Windows issue. Well, the Windows issue never ever happens without the Quantum turned on, thought. . Anyone else is using Windows 11 and doing fine? Any hints
by tomasbasus on Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:50 am
I had same issue with Quantum 2 on Win11. Disabling "PreSonus Hardware Access Service" helped me. With Win 10 no any issue.
by rwvewtud on Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:50 am
Same issue here.
Funny enough, the problem occurs when I register my computer on our corporate network.

Windows is default protected by Windows Defender, but when enrolled into a corporate network, Intune is a wide used protection.
Thunderbolt devices and Direct Memory Access have been flagged as a security threat and can be used to access data on a protected computer.
More info can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/information-protection/kernel-dma-protection-for-thunderbolt
How Microsoft protects this in Windows can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/mdm/policy-csp-dmaguard#dmaguard-policies

The solution is that PreSonus has to come with a DMA remapping compatible driver for the Quantum 2626.

At the moment I cannot connect to my companies network when I have the Quantum 2626 installed.
As soon as I connect to my companies network, the protection gets enabled and I cannot use the Quantum 2626 anymore.

So I am back to working on my laptop and making music on my desktop. Not ideal, but for now I can work...
by helioandrade on Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:34 am
rwvewtud - thank you. I provided this information to the Dev team
by [email protected] on Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:26 am
Hi. I have the same problem with my new Dell 5540 (It was not on my old Lenovo t490) - has there been any fix for this?
by darrenstewart4 on Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:25 am
I’ve just got a 2626, using it with windows 11 and I thought I’d post my experience so far.

It works, except when I try and update firmware at which point I get the BSOD every time. Interestingly, it did update the firmware at some point before one of the BSOD but if I force a firmware update it still crashes with the same error. DMA violation.

Been through all the Presonus troubleshooting with tech support and no joy.

I can use the 2626 fine so not critical but clearly there’s a bug in UC. Interestingly! The latest release notes specifically mention fixing the BSOD with Windows 11 but that clearly isn’t true.
by petervesterlund on Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:26 am
darrenstewart4 wroteI’ve just got a 2626, using it with windows 11 and I thought I’d post my experience so far.

It works, except when I try and update firmware at which point I get the BSOD every time. Interestingly, it did update the firmware at some point before one of the BSOD but if I force a firmware update it still crashes with the same error. DMA violation.

Been through all the Presonus troubleshooting with tech support and no joy.

I can use the 2626 fine so not critical but clearly there’s a bug in UC. Interestingly! The latest release notes specifically mention fixing the BSOD with Windows 11 but that clearly isn’t true.

It seems that we are a few with the same problem with Quantum 4848.

But strangely enoguh, for me I can do the firmware update without BSOD, but when I click on the Quantum image it crash.
by darrenstewart4 on Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:17 pm
I wanted to update this because when I said "I can use the 2626 fine so not critical ...." it turns out that I can't. It makes Studio One unstable and it hangs (totally unresponsive although doesn't actually crash) during every single session whether that be an existing one or a new one.

As soon as I start moving tracks or instantiating/moving plugins then it hangs. I've had an incredibly unproductive and frustrating few weeks thinking there was something wrong with my PC but if I move back to my original studio 24c then it works fine. So, it's the quantum drivers that are the issue.

I've lost enough time trying to get this to work so the Quantum 2626 is going back and I'm going to have to try and find something with better driver support. Very disappointed in Presonus.
by guyolsson on Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:44 pm
Has there been any progress on this? I still get BSOD when initializing the universal control software and follow the firmware update prompt. I am dead in the water and going to return the 2626 like I did the quantum when I realized it was TB2 and incompatible with any and all new computers.
by benackerman1 on Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:34 am
guyolsson wroteHas there been any progress on this? I still get BSOD when initializing the universal control software and follow the firmware update prompt. I am dead in the water and going to return the 2626 like I did the quantum when I realized it was TB2 and incompatible with any and all new computers.

Have you tried using the previous UC version v3.6.4.87069? It might at least get you up and running. Like you, the new v4 driver series is throwing up a DMA violation BSOD with my Quantum 4848 in Windows 10 whenever I access the panel or try to make a noise of any description. The v3 drivers behave themselves.

I hope PreSonus are on this as well. The 4848 is a marvel, but something is seriously messed up with their v4 Quantum driver.
by TerjeNorway on Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:42 am
This is still an issue with the newest drivers (PreSonus_Universal_Control_v4_1_0_93124). Still get the DMA violation blue screen. I have the Presonus Quantum 26x32 on the latest Windows 10 release.
If I try to go back to 3.6.4.87069 I get blue screen when I install it. So I cannot even install that.

My system
Intel Core i9-10900K Processor
Noctua NH-U12A CPU cooler
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 64GB
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Gaming X Trio 12G
StarTech Thunderbolt Cable 2M (TBOLTMM2MW)
StarTech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (TBT3TBTADAP)
Neumann TLM 102 microphone
Presonus Quantum
Windows 10, Ableton 11, Cubase 10

11 posts
Page 1 of 1