AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
22 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Sometimes when connecting the USB-cable to my computer (not especially often - but sometimes) the blue Power lamp on the Audiobox just start to blink repeatly - and the unit doesn´t start.
The normal behaviour is blue steady light and the unit begin to work.
I have 2 USB-ports on my computer and never have any problem with none of them.

Anyone recognize the problem?
And off course its a serious problem - I cannot start my studio when I want... :(.

Help, please.

Thanks,
Ingo T.
by cristofe on Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:54 am
It could be any number of things. Have you optimized your pc for audio production? Have you disabled wi-fi? Are you plugged into a USB2 or USB3 port? That being said we cannot help you without a bit more info......if you will post your system specs (see my sig), we will be better able to trouble shoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what DAW etc....we can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please register your 22VSL and open a tech support ticket. They'll get you sorted.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by ingemartibell on Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:45 pm
I have all the standards on my computer that Presonus claims to use Audiobox 22 VSL and Studio One 2. So... the problem is not my computer (even formated it) - the problem is the Audiobox! Since my last post i have found a lot of posts online from users with the same
(or similar) problem and I think Presonus (and others) must take better act in this question. Its very difficult to reach any one from their service-team. And yes, off course I have already register my products (why shouldn`t?). I think the best quick fix (and in this position a quick fix is a decent demand - my studio dont work!) is to bring the unit back to the dealer and change it against a unit that works!
by cristofe on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:18 pm
bring the unit back to the dealer and change it against a unit that works

That is, of course, your choice. And good luck with that.

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by rshreevedrums on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:12 pm
I just had this same problem and managed to fix it. I have no clue what caused the problem but here's the fix:

Unplug the device from your computer
Then, slowly push the usb chord into the slot and hold about halfway.
Im not sure why but when I inserted it halfway, the power button became solid and My computer notified me that I plugged in a new device.
Then I pushed the usb cable all the way in and things are back to normal

I hope this works for you too
by martin14 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:30 pm
And it's also worth you checking all the following:
(These are my general 'best practice' recommendations which I've learnt from experience using the VSL22) . . .

1. Make sure you have installed the latest VSL22 firmware (currently v1.3) for PC/Mac from here:
http://www.presonus.com/support/downloa ... oBox-22VSL
2. Make sure you're plugging in the Audiobox DIRECTLY to its own dedicated USB2 socket on the computer (Audiobox likes USB2; doesn't like USB3, and DON'T use an external USB multiplier hub!) And make sure the USB socket isn't loose or 'jiggly';
3. Remove virus scanners off your DAW machine! A good firewall is sufficient;
4. Don't have other applications accessing your computer's audio stack (eg Google Chrome web browser!) running at the same time and messing with the default sample rate. (Every time Chrome accessed the sound stack, eg playing Youtube videos, or ads popping up etc., that caused me lots of problems with the AudioBox. Uninstalling Chrome and only having IE11 solved many of the audio pops.);
5. Also make sure that you've set the computer's default bit depth & sample rate to the same respective values (eg 24bit & 44.1kHz) as the AudioBox's bit depth & sample rate -- ie. the bit depth & sample rate which you use for recording. (otherwise when it switches between say 48Khz and 44.1kHz and/or from 16bit to 24bit you'll hear pops).
by wdemann on Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:47 pm
Im having this issue right now!!!!!! it worked until today......no changes in system. this is ridiculous. help!!!!!!
by COEA on Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:07 pm
Just started having the same problem. It had been hooked up to a PC and working great. Would unplug it (usually) when not in use. No problems. Last week I installed it on an old laptop to see how it would do. Installed just fine. Plugged it back in to the PC, still fine. This morning I decided to use it on my laptop. I unplugged it from the PC, and then to the laptop. Both power and Phantom power light started to blink with no connection recognized by the computer. Went back to the PC and the same thing. I happened to have another USB cable available and tried it. Started right up. But wait..... I wanted to repeat the process. Keeps failing. Sometimes if I change the angle of insertion, it will work. I have yet to get the old cable to work. The replacement seems to eventually work. It seemed to work the most times after I rebooted the PC. It is working now on my PC and am reluctant to unplug it again. I have a session tomorrow.

Considering going out to buy a new cable, but something tells me this isn't the issue. I tried other USB ports. No change. While it was working, I updated the firmware, I think. Went through the process, but the VSL interface doesn't say it has changed. The driver is up to date though.

This needs to be resolved.
by cristofe on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:19 pm
Considering going out to buy a new cable, but something tells me this isn't the issue.

Really....that's a bit contradictory to some of your other statements. You say one cable wouldn't work at all then you tried another....and it worked intermittently....that could indeed be a cable issue. It also sounds like perhaps your 22VSL's USB port may have been damaged. If you haven't already done so I suggest you open a support ticket.

by starling2 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:50 am
Hi, I have the same issue today!! I love this soundcard and use it everyday...except today?? Any help would be appreciated. Bought the unit about 4 months ago. I suspect it was perhaps related to a Windows update my laptop performed yesterday. Restore point didn't resolve it and can't reinstall as the laptop doesn't recognise the device as the power light keeps flashing!!! Got a song to record today too!! Sorry for all the exclamation marks but it's very frustrating. Hope you can offer a solution or some tips??
by cristofe on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:00 am
It could be any number of things. Have you optimized your pc for audio production?
Have you disabled wi-fi? Are you plugged into a USB2 or USB3 port? Did you install the drivers
from the included disc? Or did you download and use the drivers from this site? That being said
we cannot help you without a bit more info......if you will post your system specs (see my sig), we
will be better able to trouble shoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running,
what OS you're using, what DAW etc....we can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please register your Audiobox and open a
tech support ticket. They'll get you sorted.

by mattlaestander on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:33 am
I have the same problem with the blinking blue light of death. My unit worked fine on the same pc until after two months of use when this suddenly happened. I switched cable first. No change. Tried other usb-ports 2.0 ports on the back of my pc (its a stationary). No change. Restored pc software updates so the pc wold be in the exakt same condition a few days earlier when the box worked. No change.
Tried a usb port on the front of my pc - and suddenly the light went stable blue again.
Since then, the box has worked flawless - until today. Switched cable. No change. Uninstalled latest updates. No change. Now it doesnt even matter which usb-ports i try, nothing changes. I even switched to another computer and still only get the blinking light. Reinstalling the vsl22 drivers are impossible since my pc can not detect the box.
As said, everything worked great until suddenly - it didnt. Everything else on my pc works just fine and other usb-devices etc can connect to it flawlessly and i made no changes before it suddenly happened.
I will return the box to the dealer if its not fixed very soon.
by cristofe on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:38 am
Have you opened a support ticket?

by COEA on Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:35 pm
Just opened a ticket. Have tried 3 different cables, not new, but all working on other devices and still the same issue. I managed to get it to work after my last post here by just being persistent. Just left it plugged in for about a month with no problems, but I just unplugged it to see if by some stroke of luck it would work again. NOPE!

And yes, I have optimized my PC to work with Presonus products and like most of us has stated before, it worked for months prior. I'll let you know what support has to say.
by COEA on Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:39 am
Some more info. I couldn't get the audibox to connect yesterday, so I left it unplugged over night. Probably for about 18 hours. Just went and plugged it in and it worked just fine. So, now my question is, is there an unplug proceedure we are sll missing? You can't eject it like flash drives and simply turning off the PC didn't change anything. should we not leave the audiobox plugged in when not in use? I wonder how long you havevto leave it unplugged before it works again. As soon as I get a response from Presonus, I will let you know.
by COEA on Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:26 am
Ok, so here is what Presonus says. Once installed, you have to use the same USB port each time you plug it in. I guess I must have plugged it in to the wrong one at some point. So I did the prescibed Presonus uninstall which is a bit more than "uninstalling" the software. Sorry, I don't have the link but I bet you can find it somewhere in here. I uninstalled and reinstalled on both of my computers and made note of which port I'm using and guess what. It worked! I can even use my iPad!

So in short. Uninstall the software using the special instructions, reinstall, and use the same flipping USB port.

Good luck!
by mwright137 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:54 am

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

My Website
by Shbroski on Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:32 pm
rshreevedrums wroteI just had this same problem and managed to fix it. I have no clue what caused the problem but here's the fix:

Unplug the device from your computer
Then, slowly push the usb chord into the slot and hold about halfway.
Im not sure why but when I inserted it halfway, the power button became solid and My computer notified me that I plugged in a new device.
Then I pushed the usb cable all the way in and things are back to normal

I hope this works for you too

It worked! Thank you so much! I was about ready to break something
by cristofe on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:39 am
Not to rub salt in your wounds....but many of us have no problems using computer based recording systems. I use both my Audiobox1818VSL and Firestudio to record bands all the time with no hiccups. I'm also an IT & electronics tech so perhaps I have a bit of an advantage over the average consumer. Yes.....there are a LOT of variables involved. Because of that it takes patience, persistence, and a willingness to put in the time to learn how to make it all work together properly.

do people have any idea how easy recording used to be free of computing systems and nonsense software.

I don't think you have any idea how difficult and EXPENSIVE recording used to be. Have you ever edited analog tape with a razor blade? And standalone digital multitrack recorders? IMHO scrolling through endless menus on a tiny LCD screen is a total PITA. No, sorry. DAW based recording is FAR easier and WAY more powerful and flexible than anything that came before it....and I've used all of it. You get out what you put in. If you use a cheap off-the-shelf consumer Best Buy laptops and then also use it for surfing the net, gaming and all sorts of other nonsense then yes, you'll likely have problems. If you connect all sorts of non-audio hardware to that machine's USB buss then yes, you'll likely have problems. If you have wi-fi and av software running in the background then yes, you'll likely have problems. The machines I use for audio have been optimized for that purpose ONLY. They run Windows, audio programs and NOTHING else.

they should boycott this junk because it demands a dozen different working variables and therefore is inherently inefficient and statistically liable to crashing from a multitude of sources.

So eliminate as many of those variables as you can. And if you still can't make it work than perhaps you should boycott this junk and get yourself a standalone digital multitrack recorder.
But before you toss your pc and interface out the window perhaps you should have a look at some of the MANY articles and conversations online regarding the pros & cons of PC based DAWS VS standalone digital mulitrackers.....much has been said on this subject:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=digital%20multitrack%20recorder%20vs%20computer

by fredcarrie on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:16 am
I had exactly the same problem today. everything worked fine for weeks, no change in setup. This morning Audiobox2 was not recognised - no change in set up at all. Pwr lamp flashing on box intermittently.

This brought me here.

Got it working eventually be swapping USB ports around (all USB2). Still no idea what the problem was, but fixed now.

22 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2