Discuss Monitor Station V2 and Monitor Station (Legacy)
Central Station and Central Station Plus
MicroStation BT
8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Not many posts here :)

So I'll be getting the 2nd version of the monitor station next week and was thinking about the talkback ability. With the hp60 you have inputs for a talkback mic, but is there a way to connect the monitor station talkback to it? I currently use behringers ha8000 headphone amp and while the salesman said it would overrun the direct inputs on it while using the main inputs it doesn't work properly. Unexpected huh? :D

so if the talkback from the monitor station would be able to route to presonus hp60 I'll upgrade. Is it possible?

Regards,
Fredrik

Asus p6t, i7 920@3,2ghz, 24gb ram, win7x64,120gb ssd system disc, 240gb ssd recording disc, 750gb hdd storage

Presonus studio one professional 3.5 x64, notion 4, progression 2
Monitor station v2, faderport 8
Firestudio 26x26, 2x firestudio project
UAD 2 solo x2, waves, slate digital, toneboosters, melda production, melodyne editor
mics from sennheiser, oktava, shure, audio-technica, akg and behringer
by mwright137 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:54 am
The talkback goes to all outputs so you could use it that way. But it's not like an audio interface where you can route it to another output.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by Nutti on Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:43 pm
Yes I understand it's not an interface, but can you get the talkback function to work with a hp60 headphone amp? So if I route it from say cue output on the monitor station to talkback xlr input on the hp60, will it give me talkback in my headphones or not? Or will it give me talkback and music also? Or will it not give me anything when pushing the talkback button?

Asus p6t, i7 920@3,2ghz, 24gb ram, win7x64,120gb ssd system disc, 240gb ssd recording disc, 750gb hdd storage

UAD 2 solo x2, waves, slate digital, toneboosters, melda production, melodyne editor
by Kiwicomposer on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:02 pm
As was mentioned it comes through ALL the outputs there is not a specific talkback output port on the Monitor Station. There is no way to route the talkback to a specific output as such.

So if you connect one of the Monitor Station outputs to the Talkback input then yes I guess you would but you will also get all the other audio also coming through that is also directed at that output not just the talkback. Not a good idea!

That said the HP60 talkback input has been designed for a Dynamic Mic and not a input from an AMP i would recommend not doing so as you are potentially risking damage to the HP60.

Steve Currington
Wellington, New Zealand

Presonus Audiobox1818vsl, Presonus Audiobox USB, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Presonus Faderport, Presonus Monitor Station v2, M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 keyboard, KMI QuNeo & QuNexus, sundry other external FX hardware, mics, plugins & instruments.
Studio One v2.6.3, Sibelius v7.x, Notion v5.x, Progression v3.x, Melodyne Editor v2.1.2, Logic 9.x
iMac's & MacBookAir all running OSX Mavericks 10.9.5

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by Nutti on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:19 am
That's a shame, I wonder why presonus didn't make them interact with eachother since they are pushing so hard on the active integration.

well, thanks for the answers guys :)

by mwright137 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:12 am
Neither of the devices you are asking about are in the Active Integration product line...

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

My Website
by matthewgorman on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:55 am
Nutti wroteThat's a shame, I wonder why presonus didn't make them interact with eachother since they are pushing so hard on the active integration.

well, thanks for the answers guys :)

In your example there is no need for the talkback function on the HP60. Simply route the cue output on the Monitor Station to the input on the HP60. Talkback on the MS is on the cue mix, so it will push the talkback out to the HP60.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Nutti on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:00 pm
matthewgorman wrote
In your example there is no need for the talkback function on the HP60. Simply route the cue output on the Monitor Station to the input on the HP60. Talkback on the MS is on the cue mix, so it will push the talkback out to the HP60.

so the cue mix wont give me playback from s1 also? I currently use seperate cue mixes inside s1 and hardware route them from outputs on my interfaces to direct inputs on a behringer ha8000 hp amp. So if I swap out the behringer to the hp60 I still be using cue mixes direct in on seperate channels. What comes out from monitor station cue mix? Since it has nothing to do with s1 doesn't it playback the main input also? That would give hp60 both direct cue mix from s1 and cue output playback from the monitor station, wouldn't it?

8 posts
Page 1 of 1