49 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3
The manual and product literature indicate that all settings for the Revelator io24 are stored within the device and that it operates stand-alone. However this does not seem to be entirely the case.

The interface is connected to a windows PC which gets a lot of updates and reboots frequently (and unattended). When that happens, the settings in the revelator do not entirely stay. The mics' input gains revert to zero, the reverb setting reverts to zero, their phantom power setting reverts to off, and the 2 channels which I have linked revert to separated. Interestingly, my custom preset for the fat channel effects chain is still selected.

I am using the interface to share a pair of microphones and speakers between 2 computers and
so I have to login to the windows PC, start up the control software, and figure out what happened and reset the inputs to the correct configuration. Is this a bug, or by design?

--
by Trucky on Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:25 pm
Please post a photo or diagram how you have everything connected.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by jasongurtz-cayla on Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:13 pm
revelator_setup.drawio.png

--
by Trucky on Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:43 pm
Nice diagram! You said you're running the Revelator io24 in standalone mode. As a test, I tried rebooting in standalone mode and each time it restored my settings. Not sure if that's true after Windows updates etc. but you'll probably need to submit a support ticket if that's your expectation and it's not working for you. I always use it with UC Surface and like that I'm able to store and recall all my presets, scenes and settings and save them to my computer. You may want to give that a try as it really helps not having to set everything up each time.

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by jasongurtz-cayla on Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:30 pm
Thanks for your reply! I did indeed open a ticket and that's been ... not a fantastic experience. The latest ask was to create a new user account, reinstall UC, and re-configure. Unfortunately the issue remains.

Just so every one's aware, the UC install (or it's firmware upgrade) silently reset the interface to factory defaults. Make sure you save your scene before doing an upgrade! I'm thankful that I did, as going through and setting the eq and all is not the shortest task

To top it off they closed the ticket as solved :facepalm: I have opened a follow-up and will give them the reasonable chance to figure it out. I have also already informed the reseller, so jury's out if it will stay on my desk or not.

It seems like Julian Krause has an io24 on his test bench and can't wait to see those results and hear his opinions on it.

--
by jasongurtz-cayla on Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:39 pm
Looks like a senior guy got on the case and this has been passed off to dev for a fix in an upcoming release.

--
by tonyslagle on Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:57 am
Any updates on this? I'm getting close to my Amazon return date (Jan 31) and going to return if it's still not fixed by then.
by Trucky on Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:07 pm
Try installing the latest released UC and firmware.

by anthonygraham2 on Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:53 pm
Several months on is there a fix?

I've just got an io24, updated to 1.21 and I have this issue too, every time I turn on my PC I have gain running at 0db (the +48v is still turned on though). Shutting down the PC is not the core problem, it's the io24 failing to reload it's profile correctly at startup - you can replicate this a lot quicker by simply unplugging and re-plugging the io24's usb cable, after doing that gain is effectively zero despite it claiming it's the correct value.

The correct gain value shows on universal control, and on the front display if I go to the gain setting.(whilst the interface is actually recording with a gain of 0db)

Changing the value (which is around 40db) on either input by 1db up or down causes both inputs to start working again (Both on the front controls, or in universal control).
The same with toggling the +48v on either fixes both.

I've reinstalled the firmware, reset everything but it still happens.

This occurs on both Windows 11 and MacOS Monterey 12.3

Also, UC is doing weird stuff, I've got my own profile set in slot 1, it has a custom eq and gate turned off, but after unplugging the interface plugging it in and going back into UC it's showing gate enabled, and the EQ is vocal on slot 1, rotating to another slot and then back to 1 shows my settings again (gate off, and blank beside the enabled eq button since it's custom)

I've also gone backwards through UC versions taking me back as far as 3.5.2.65533 and firmware version 1.00 and it happens through all of them.

Is there a fix for this? I'm happy to test betas or help debug
by Trucky on Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:41 pm
anthonygraham2 wroteSeveral months on is there a fix?

I've just got an io24, updated to 1.21 and I have this issue too, every time I turn on my PC I have gain running at 0db (the +48v is still turned on though). Shutting down the PC is not the core problem, it's the io24 failing to reload it's profile correctly at startup - you can replicate this a lot quicker by simply unplugging and re-plugging the io24's usb cable, after doing that gain is effectively zero despite it claiming it's the correct value.

The correct gain value shows on universal control, and on the front display if I go to the gain setting.(whilst the interface is actually recording with a gain of 0db)

Changing the value (which is around 40db) on either input by 1db up or down causes both inputs to start working again (Both on the front controls, or in universal control).
The same with toggling the +48v on either fixes both.

I've reinstalled the firmware, reset everything but it still happens.

This occurs on both Windows 11 and MacOS Monterey 12.3

Also, UC is doing weird stuff, I've got my own profile set in slot 1, it has a custom eq and gate turned off, but after unplugging the interface plugging it in and going back into UC it's showing gate enabled, and the EQ is vocal on slot 1, rotating to another slot and then back to 1 shows my settings again (gate off, and blank beside the enabled eq button since it's custom)

I've also gone backwards through UC versions taking me back as far as 3.5.2.65533 and firmware version 1.00 and it happens through all of them.

Is there a fix for this? I'm happy to test betas or help debug

Welcome to the Forum!

Please submit a Support Ticket (see link below in my signature) for this issue.

by anthonygraham2 on Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:15 pm
I'll add this to a support ticket too, but this might help the others work around the issue (if you count using only 1 channel a workaround :? ):-

So I've been resetting and rebuilding my full configuration in one go, and it's been dying. It appears to be related to using both channel 1 and 2

I've started setting things up step by step and seeing after doing what piece of configuration breaks it.

So, for me to reproduce I do this:

* Reset it in UC.
* Set Channel 1 to a decent gain level, and turn on +48v
* Unplug and replugging the usb cable after this is fine, The channel 1 mic works
* Turn on channel 2's +48v
* Unplug and replugging the usb cable after this is fine, The channel 1 mic works (channel 2 probably works but is at 0db gain...)
* Set channel 2 to a decent gain level, make sure it is applied - something about setting gain isn't so reliable.
* Unplug and replug cable - both channels appear to have a decent gain level set but the gain is 0db if you watch the meters the levels are incredibly low (This is the issue).
* Any change to either gain level snaps it out of the broken state until the cable is unplugged and replugged again
* Setting channel 2 to 0db seems to stop the issue - but be aware even if you set the channel to 0db it doesn't always apply reliably first time - test by speaking into mic 2 - and if you see the meters move, increase and then decrease the gain back to 0db.
* Unplug and replug the cable and channel 1 should be behaving fine now.
by jasongurtz-cayla on Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:46 am
Yup, still regularly happens here.

I did open a support ticket last fall and after a lot of going around they said they would put in a request to dev about it, then promptly closed the ticket. So, doesn't seem super likely this'll be fixed and there's no way to see if anyone's working it or if it'll sit forever in backlog. I keep a small hope going but issue persists after the Dec'21 and Jan'22 updates.

Would be great if there's more tickets as then the priority might get adjusted up by dev management.

--
by anthonygraham2 on Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:19 pm
I've found the absolute minimum reproduction steps, and I'm reaching out to the youtubers who influenced me into buying it to see if they have the issue if they connect a second mic - they all had only one mic.

I suspect a lot of people bought it for the onboard DSP, and few use 2 mics, and of those some use it via a powered hub and don't see the issue often.

I use 2 condensers and so need phantom power - I haven't been able to test without so:-

Turn on
Set phantom power on both channels
Set gain on both channels
Turn unit off and on
*Broken* (shows the correct gain levels but the preamps act as if its 0db)

You can make the device set the preamps again (Or rather for the first time) by toggling phantom power on either channel, or any DB change on either channel (until it restarts again)

This seems like a firmware issue for sure, I've been asked to return the unit under warranty because it's not a known issue with the hardware. If I end up returning it and the new unit has the same issue I'm going to be even more annoyed.

Your case being closed with no resolution bothers me, but it might make for an interesting detail to the story if this does affect more (or all) units, there's a difference between not knowing and ignoring. I've been told it can't be reproduced - I'm not sure I believe that, based on the conversation so far I feel like I'm being ran through a basic troubleshooting script that doesn't account for the fact I could actually know a thing or two about software engineering.

I've provided support with a video demonstrating the issue that I uploaded as unlisted on youtube.

Update: They said arrange a warranty return... You might want to ping them as it seems that for now they don't believe it's a firmware issue.
Last edited by anthonygraham2 on Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
by anthonygraham2 on Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:39 am
Raised a second ticket, because, despite support's assurances it was a hardware issue, it still happens with a new unit from another supplier.

It realistically can't be hardware, the device can read and write settings correctly (it remembers gain values) each channel pre-amp works on it's own, and even together. When either channel's gain is set to zero, the other channel works fine, even after a restart, the issue is only after a restart and only if both channels have gain set before the restart.

I feel like I'm hitting a brick wall.
by tabeamaciolek on Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:52 am
Good evening.
I have the same problem till yesterday.
Starting the PC reset all settings and I have to use manual my presets.

Another strrange thing that is more annoying

I can´t use the control surface and change anything.
Playing music via playback or virtual chanel is working, because I selected it in windows.
But I can´t see anything in the control the bar is not moving (the green volume levels, sorry I am not native english).
If I use my mic same nothing happend.
I can change volume with volume knob on the io24 itself but knob in the software not moving.

Deinstalled the compelt Presonus software twice.
Reboot, reinstall nothing changed.
Latest firmware 1.21 is installed.

The software is not working so I can´t use my io24 hard to say it is useless this way

IO24 firmware 1.21
WIn 10 pro, latest updates

Eidt. strange thing too. The presets on my Ipad are also empty and I mean complete empty I can´t choose my existing one.

Thank you
Tabea

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Revelator IO24, Universal Control v4.2.0.96206, Firmware v11.28
Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, ASROCK B550
I
by mattpflughaupt on Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:26 pm
@tabeamaciolek

The issue with all my presets gone AND Universal Control program showing absolutely zero visual feedback that the microphone is working just happened to me too. I used Studio One and Audacity to verify the mic is in fact working and that the buttons/knobs on the Revelator IO 24 do work. The software itself is just dead and nothing I do on there affects the audio from my mic. The one reason I bought this over another product is now gone. I have opened a ticket and will update in the forums if there is a fix.

PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5600x, RTX 2060 GPU, 32GB RAM, WD_Black SN750 500GB NVMe x2
Software:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Studio One 5.5.1 | Universal Control v3.6.4.87069
Hardware:
Revelator io24
by jasongurtz-cayla on Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:57 pm
mattpflughaupt wrote@tabeamaciolek
[...]
I have opened a ticket and will update in the forums if there is a fix.

I'm curious how your support experience was?

--
by christopherkakerow on Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:02 pm
anthonygraham2 wroteRaised a second ticket, because, despite support's assurances it was a hardware issue, it still happens with a new unit from another supplier.

It realistically can't be hardware, the device can read and write settings correctly (it remembers gain values) each channel pre-amp works on it's own, and even together. When either channel's gain is set to zero, the other channel works fine, even after a restart, the issue is only after a restart and only if both channels have gain set before the restart.

I feel like I'm hitting a brick wall.

I'm having the same issue for half a year now.

Every time the unit powers off, the settings seem reset.
If I then go to the Universal Control software and adjust any mute / gain / stream mix monitoring settings, it all works again.

It's really annoying because I have two different steam mixes set up.
The main mix only routes the playback channel to only the main speakers while the mic channel 1 is muted.
The steam mix a routes mic channel 1 and the playback channel to my headphones.

This way I dont get mic feedback on the speakers but can still monitor everything on the headphones.

Problem is, that all this needs to be reset each time the unit looses power.

Each software / firmware update I'm hoping for a fix, but seemingly it's still not fixed.

If somebody knows something, please let us know.
by wijnandgaanderse on Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:40 am
I think I am on to something!
I recently bought a new PC and at first had no problems with settings being reset.
Then I changed some BIOS-settings regarding USB, fast boot etc. and suddenly all the afore mentioned problems reoccurred.
What I believe now is that if the BIOS is set to initialize all USB devices on POST / before loading the OS (usually default), the issue will occur.
When I enable fast boot and "Super Fast Boot" (this is how MSI calls it), it bypasses all USB initializations and leaves that to the OS -> no more problems with settings not being loaded correctly!

Can someone else try this out and reproduce it?

So who is at fault here... :?
Is this a general USB issue or a manufacturers driver issue or both?
by yvanhuneault1 on Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:42 am
io24 still not working correctly. Presets not being retained. Support says "everything is OK here". No updates since May 2022. Is that it? Something new in the pipeline? Are more recent models off the line working properly?

49 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3