11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Heard a pop in my headphones, then the device stopped working. Front buttons started blinking then after about 15 sec the screen goes black. then in the universal control app it says I need to update the firmware. when I do that it completes and says successful but device still doesn't work and does the blinking light thing.
Submitted ticket to retailer - Sweetwater.
by Bbd on Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:08 pm
Good move. You may need a replacement.
Let us know.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by PAE Seth on Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:12 pm
No, contact OUR support please.

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower
by michaelbenjamins on Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:57 pm
Sweetwater was able to send me a replacement unit quickly but this one died too. it happened as I switched to the "Slap Echo" preset which I think was the same preset that did it in on the first one. I submitted a ticket to PreSonus support for both units.
I did notice a burnt plastic smell right after the issue happened.
by thomasschneider17 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:39 am
I have just had the exact same thing happen, also with the slap echo preset. very disappointed.
by ericcarter13 on Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:30 pm
This sounds very similar to an issue that I experienced as well. I got the device, installed the driver, updated the firmware, then when I clicked "Slap Echo" in the UC software, the unit glitched out. After that, the display would stay blank on startup instead of showing the presonus logo startup screen. Here's a video of it:
phpBB [video]

After running through diagnostic steps I tried reflashing the bios. The display has returned, but I also get a lot of popping noises on pure tone output. I'm not sure of the popping is directly related, or I ended up with one of the defective units with the output noise issue.
by ninjagaijin on Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:36 am
I have the same issue, but with A NEW UNIT. I've never used any effect yet.
V1.0 firmware showed it working fine, I could control the unit and LED screen etc. I didn't test it out though, because Universal Control said as soon as I used it, to 'update to 1.21'.
I just created a new thread.
This is bad firmware!!!
This is so disappointing for a new device I just bought. I live quite some distance from the store. But at least the distributor is close to me.
But this is what I feared when I bought a device that relies so heavily upon software.
I was considering an EVO 4 but I thought this would have 'more features' for a similar price. I had a worry that the software aspect would ruin it though :(

Why does Presonus not respond to this post after 4.5 months?!!

The video above is not the same as my error. Mine is:
1. device seems to appear working fine at v1.0 firmware.
2. v3 Universal Control states to update to v1.21.
3. Update to 1.21, says successful on PC. During this process, 1, 2, arrow and presets buttons all flash, while screen says v1.21.
4. After a little while the screen goes dark and the encoder knob flashes a blue ring.
5. Behind the 'update successful - click ok' prompt, the Universal Control shows once again 'update firmware new version 1.21'. Restarting PC, disconnecting device in 'safely remove hardware' in Windows 64, unplugging USB etc does not help.

What is going on!!!
by oddbjrnbakke on Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:14 pm
ericcarter13 wroteThis sounds very similar to an issue that I experienced as well. I got the device, installed the driver, updated the firmware, then when I clicked "Slap Echo" in the UC software, the unit glitched out. After that, the display would stay blank on startup instead of showing the presonus logo startup screen. Here's a video of it:
phpBB [video]

After running through diagnostic steps I tried reflashing the bios. The display has returned, but I also get a lot of popping noises on pure tone output. I'm not sure of the popping is directly related, or I ended up with one of the defective units with the output noise issue.

I have some issues if it's connected directly to the computer, like device turning off when turning phantom power on.
If I connect it to a USB hub without power, I get the exact same issue as in the video.
If I connect it to a USB hub with power, it seems to be fine.

My guess is that this is a issue with the device not getting enough power.
by Trucky on Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:11 pm
Please submit a Support Ticket (see link in my signature below) for these issues.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by danbobke on Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:38 am
I had this exact same issue yesterday...hit the Slap Echo preset by accident when I was in UC, and the monitors popped and crackled and then the unit started flashing and going into an endless firmware update cycle (suggesting the same firmware that was on the device before I had the issue...1.21).

Support suggested upgrading the UC software (https://legacy.presonus.com/products/Un ... i4xNS4wLjA.)

After the upgrade, it said I should upgrade the firmware to 1.28, so that was new. Did the upgrade, the unit rebooted and all appears to be working again. Apparently, that Slap Echo preset did a number on the firmware and corrupted it and it took a new firmware to get out of the cycle.

I included the link above to the new UC version - it came out in October of 2023. Hope this helps.
by Trucky on Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:26 am
Universal Control 4.2.0.96206 and v1.28 firmware for Revelator io24 is working great for me.
I have it plugged directly into a USB 2.0 compatible port on my computer and power save settings for USB disabled in Windows 11.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32

11 posts
Page 1 of 1