6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello, I'm new to S1. Many years on another DAW.

If I make a time-range selection on 5 tracks but then realize I want to include 2 more tracks to that selection, how would I do that? The method I came up with was to Command-click the 2 tracks' labels and hit Shift-R. That worked good. Is there another easier way? I am familiar with editing track groups (like a drum group), but that doesn't apply in this case.

And the reverse of that is sometimes I go too far with my track selection and I don't want to draw the time range over again. I just want to remove a track or two from that selection. Aside from hiding those tracks, I can't figure out a way of doing that. I can deselect a track by Command clicking its track label but the time range remains in place on that track. So I'm looking for a way of doing this. Hopefully an easy one.

Thanks!
by danworley on Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:01 pm
Hmm. I thought I'd get a quick answer saying to do this or that. There has to be a way or ways, right?
by patrickviens on Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:49 pm
You cannot do this while using the Range tool as a secondary tool. If only the Range tool is selected, it becomes your primary tool and you can grab and drag any edge of the selection to make it bigger or smaller by positioning the crosshair cursor on the edge of your selection. When you do that the cursor changes to a bar with arrows on each side.

It also works if you link the the Arrow tool and Range tool by clicking on the bracket icon on the left of the Arrow tool but it is not working as nicely as using the Range tool as a primary tool.

Windows 10 64-bit
IntelCore i7-4700MQ @2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT755M, MOTU Ultra-Lite MK3 Hybrid, IK Multimedia Axe I/O, Soundcraft Notepad 12FX Mixer/interface, MOTU Micro Lite Midi Interface, Studio One Professional 6.2.1
by danworley on Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:49 pm
Thanks for that. I don't have any problem with increasing or decreasing the width of the range, it's applying the range to additional tracks after the range has been drawn on other tracks that I want to figure out. For example, let's say I selected a time range on the cello tracks but then I decide I also want to select the same time range on the French horn tracks. I did find a way to do it.

I found that Option clicking on any waveform will multi-select and apply the current time range. That's great! Shift and dragging will also do it, but Option clicking is the bomb.

Now, how to reverse the process, deselecting the time range on certain tracks? The only way I have found to do that is to hide the tracks. There has to be another way. I'm just not smart enough to figure it out.
by Tacman7 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:35 am
I use the arranger track as a utility at times, doesn't work the same as some so takes time to get used to how it works.

You can add a label to the arranger track and delete it and anything in that range will be gone.

Good for removing sections etc.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by patrickviens on Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:49 am
You can increase or decrease the selected range across adjacent events or tracks the way I have described it.

Windows 10 64-bit
IntelCore i7-4700MQ @2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT755M, MOTU Ultra-Lite MK3 Hybrid, IK Multimedia Axe I/O, Soundcraft Notepad 12FX Mixer/interface, MOTU Micro Lite Midi Interface, Studio One Professional 6.2.1

6 posts
Page 1 of 1