4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

i am new to the looping functionality of SO as I used Ableton Live normally for that. Actually when I want to record audio loops within the loop-area recording starts/ stops as soon as I hit record. Is it possible it just starts/ stops at fixed beats?

For example I have a 4 beat loop-area and want to record a loop within. So if the cursor is before the 4th beat and i hit record it should start recording if the cursor hits beat #1 again. If I am recording and crossed beat #3 and hit recording again it should stop recording after crossing beat #4.

Thanks & greetings
Johannes

DAW: Studio One 4 Professional
Interface: Zoom L-12 Livetrak
PC: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte RTX 2700, 512 GB M2-SSD, Windows 11 Pro
by Tacman7 on Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:57 pm
Good to put your specs in your signature.

I used to have a PCI card that could make a loop from a standing start. When I switched to firewire I noticed a lag at the start.

So takes time for most cards to get up and running and recording.

I like to use punch in recording and start the transport and when the timeline gets to the start of the measure where the loop marker is then it starts recording and will end at the end of the loop. Actually it will start recording in a loop if you don't stop it. I do single takes this way also.
https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/R ... ight=punch

You use snap settings to make sure your loop hits on the measures.
https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/E ... light=snap

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Bloodcell Zero on Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:56 pm
Thanks for your answer & the info :) just edited my signature.

I think there might be some misunderstanding in what I want to do. I want to record within the loopmarker but want that the recording just starts on full beats even if I hit the record button a bit earlier.

So think of the following example. I have a loopmarker of 4 beats and activated playback. Now the playback will always be within these 4 beats. When I now hit the record button a little bit before beat #2 recording starts immediately but I want that it just starts recording exactly on beat #2 ... like playback & recording is timed to beats. In Ableton Live this is possible and is a massive help to concentrate on playing and not on the timing issue to hit the beat exactly.

DAW: Studio One 4 Professional
Interface: Zoom L-12 Livetrak
PC: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte RTX 2700, 512 GB M2-SSD, Windows 11 Pro
by Tacman7 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:50 pm
Depending on your hardware it's good to be up and running when you start recording.

That's where punch in should do what you want. It uses the loop locators to define the area where the recording will take place.

So start a few bars before you want to start recording and hit record with punch in on and it will start recording when it hits the loop locator.

Check out auto punch on this page:
https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/R ... punch%20in

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

4 posts
Page 1 of 1