6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,
In Atom SQ, (the instrument is selected) you can change the yellow box in the top right corner to choose which midi device you want to have closest contact with the Studio One Software.
If I choose Atom SQ, shouldn't my old keyboard (which is in the drop down menu of the yellow box) still be able to play the instrument?

The Midi indicator in the bottom row, farthest to the left, blinks when I push my old keyboard; but no sound comes out; and is not recorded.

The keyboard on the bottom of the Mai Tai sounds a note when pushed, but will not record.

Right now the Atom SQ plays and records fine. Two days ago, (when I first got the Atom SQ) my old keyboard worked ; but the SQ didn't.
:roll:

Presonus Pro 5, intel Mac Mini (new), Wacom Intuos, Stream Deck, Motu M2 interface
by peterbirch on Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:52 pm
Have you got ALL INPUTS selected?

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by Terry50 on Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:11 pm

Presonus Pro 5, intel Mac Mini (new), Wacom Intuos, Stream Deck, Motu M2 interface
by peterbirch on Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:52 pm
Clipboard Image.jpg

Under menu item - Studio One - Options - External Devices (This is where you add any midi controllers that you may have)
If you only have one then that will be the default (therefore your original keyboard was the default)

If you have multiple input keyboards - then go into the above options edit the original keyboard. It will show that it is the default input. de-select this option.

If you de-select the default option, as above, then ALL your keyboards then default to ALL INPUTS.

As a test select ALL INPUTS from the drop down menu and test it. But remember this is only for this track. The above solution is forever on all tracks.

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by Terry50 on Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:07 am
Thank you very much ! Big Help !

by Bbd on Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:08 am
Thank you peterbirch.
😊

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ

6 posts
Page 1 of 1