3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have had the SL32S for about a week and coming along fine but stuck with an odd issue. The Main Outputs, the Monitor Outputs, the SUM output and the headphone output will play no audio panned to the Right. All outputs have audio output from anything panned Left though. I am in DAW mode.
I am hoping I am missing something stupid here and there isn't an issue with the Mixer itself.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
by wahlerstudios on Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:33 pm
DAW Mode has some special things to consider. You should check the MIXER first, if it functions normal. Just play some music to stereo channels and check if you hear left and right signals. DAW Mode means that audio from the DAW / thecomputer is returned to the mixer via USB 37+38 aka Tape In/Digital Return. You should make sure that the stereo output of your DAW is sent to USB 37+38 and not 38+38 or 37+37.
by robertflynn3 on Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:00 pm
Thanks for the reply. I have been plugging away and got everything working fine except for a Panning issue.
I am using USB Tape In with Stereo Wide 100% and with 37 & 38 routed to Main Outs in my DAW. I solo one channel on the StudioLive 32S and in the DAW I can see this solo channel pans from left to right as normal.
My issue is when panning full left the AES output, and monitor output, has the same audio levels on the left and right. When panning full right, the audio level is only on the right as it should be. The Main right and left meters on the StudioLive 32S show the same panning levels issue as well.
I am stumped. Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Problem solved.
For whatever reason un-routing 38 from Main Outs and just leaving 37 routed to Main Outs allowed panning to work as it should. I am using Reaper as a DAW, maybe it is some Reaper oddity.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1