55 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
Here's a great idea (probably because it's mine).

If you OWN Studio One outright, you can sign up for Sphere for $3.00/mth to get the extras.

There. Fair. And you don't wind up feeling like you're part of some caste system where you're cleaning toilets for the guys who rent the mansion. :)

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by garyshepherd on Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:20 pm
roland1 wroteHere's a great idea (probably because it's mine).

If you OWN Studio One outright, you can sign up for Sphere for $3.00/mth to get the extras.

There. Fair. And you don't wind up feeling like you're part of some caste system where you're cleaning toilets for the guys who rent the mansion. :)

Now that may be a brilliant marketing idea. How about it Presonus?

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by Lokeyfly on Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:58 pm
garyshepherd wrote
Lokeyfly wroteSuch misinformation prompts others to use terms like "second class citizens" and causes a lot of unnecessary drama. Such threads will do that.
Peace, Love, make music, out.

No drama here - but if you give people who have only paid a few monthly subscriptions "exclusive content" denied to those who have bought the software upfront and paid for updates over many years .....

Gary, I respect your position, and am thinking about your take on this. Of course, I can only express my feelings from my perspective, and never count anyone else wrong, or their voice being heard. Apologies if I stepoed out of bounds. So far I've hopefully made it clear both the S1 Sphere subscription, and the Studio One purchase with available update path are both win-win. Everybody's happy, me thinks. At least from my perspective.

With all due respect, I don't believe the paid updates that faithful users paid for have any connection to the as termed "exclusive content" in the least. We Studio One owners have the framework to create with continued  core improvements and some viable useful features, that jmo, are way more beneficial than the (for lack of a better word) goodies.  For all practical purposes, we get the house to build on. We own it, it gets better for OUR needs, and that is something to like, and build on. Want more content? Here's a fun thought. Subscribe to Sphere for 2 or three months. It won't break the bank, you'll dive into some usage of what you feel you might need, and opt to continue. If you opt out, sample or bounce the cool stuff you made with Sphere, and you still have your house to return to as you paid for it. Thats quite easy and available to do at any time. The other Sphere only participant would have to make some decisions (as in all respect to them) such as, purchasing the core program as that is what they might want to build on, I don't see a rent with an option to buy, so they'd likely wait for a deal on Studio One, or keep subscribing. Everybody wins. If they keep Sphere, and Presonus are smart, it will cost them just a bit more to sit in that luxury apartment  (complete with superficial wood grain, laminates, and faux Picasso paintings). Nonetheless, that might suit their needs.

My situation as it pertains to my needs only, with respect to others own paths of course:
I've never purchased the added Presonus Plugins (other than a few timely free super finds), never purchased Novation, nor Presence XT Editor,  Presonus Symohonic Orchestra (PSO) etc. I'm whole heartedly convinced the Sphere move will not make my musical needs any better at all. On the contrary, Im convinced some similar dedicated purchases from other sources WILL aid in my compositions, and I get to keep them, or as some do, subscribe elsewhere for their own needs. I don't care what others rent, over what Ive got. They don't own those products in Sphere, but tap into some cocktail sauce, and some shoulder rubbing. I don't need, or want that. Though I'm altogether fine with those that do. We'll always break bread. See you at the finish line. Toast/Gruß/Salut. ;)

I just saw Roland1 has a proposal. I think proposing almost anything is better than any vague suggestion of fairness. Me, I got nuttin'. Coun't me as satisfied.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Lokeyfly on Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:52 pm
I signed on the dotted line, and as Hyman Roth (Godfather II) says, "I didnt ask, I let it go. And I said to myself, this is the business we’ve chosen.” :P

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by roland1 on Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:06 pm
If someone asks you to go fishing, don't go. It's a trap.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by Lokeyfly on Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:44 pm
roland1 wroteIf someone asks you to go fishing, don't go. It's a trap.
Well they do, and I fish a lot, thanks. Sail a lot as well.

If someone asks you to go fishing, be sure to bring up a $3.00 super bargain. Very fair!

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by reggie1979beatz on Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:54 pm
Speaking of fishing, I wish I had some "Red Lobster" scampi right now!

Bye......:roll:
by Lokeyfly on Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:34 pm
I probably should clarify as when I re read this, it sounded like I could be insulting roland1 when it was quite the opposite. Shows what lack of Lobster Scampi will do, as that sounds tremendously good!

Lokeyfly wrote: I just saw Roland1 has a proposal. I think proposing almost anything is better than any vague suggestion of fairness. Me, I got nuttin'. Coun't me as satisfied.

The point was any offer clarifies a lot of intent as apposed to no offer and saying "where's ours, or "where's mine". roland1 actually provided something, weather it's good, bad, or indifferent, hey its an offer. More than those who haven't put any thought into it, and feel slighted. Namely the OP who started this great body of literary work.

Perhaps with some tweaking, those wanting some fairness in their cornflakes can work on more suggestions. Hats off to someone who tried (that would be roland).

Anyway, by rolands response, I read my text over and thought it needed to be clearer. Peace. 

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by garyshepherd on Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:31 am
Lokeyfly wrote
garyshepherd wrote
Lokeyfly wroteSuch misinformation prompts others to use terms like "second class citizens" and causes a lot of unnecessary drama. Such threads will do that.
Peace, Love, make music, out.

No drama here - but if you give people who have only paid a few monthly subscriptions "exclusive content" denied to those who have bought the software upfront and paid for updates over many years .....

Gary, I respect your position, and am thinking about your take on this. Of course, I can only express my feelings from my perspective, and never count anyone else wrong, or their voice being heard. Apologies if I stepoed out of bounds. So far I've hopefully made it clear both the S1 Sphere subscription, and the Studio One purchase with available update path are both win-win. Everybody's happy, me thinks. At least from my perspective.

No worries - I am happy and just griping at what seems to be clumsy treatment of the licence holders in comparison. Of course the assumption is that all Sphere members are new users (which they may very well not be). And that the "exclusive content" will be of use to me - which it probably won't be. Sphere is a good idea and should win new users, and it's a balance in terms of giving incentives to switch or join. At some point there will be a crossover of cost between membership and upgrade which we all have to take. But obviously I am happy with Studio One.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by Lokeyfly on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:19 am
:+1
Hi Gary, yes its anyone's guess what the addons will do.
Well said, my friend.

Sphere is simply an alternative. It seems to serve newcomers and existing users of the DAW in a mutually good way. Perhaps in between projects, we  can try it out, and share thoughts about its hits or misses.

I think the phrase "subscription" has gotten better through the years as it used to lock consumers into annual or hidden cost terms. Subscriptions became pricey, and as Jay (JBrannam) mentioned, dangling free or ridiculous entry levels of 20+ albums for 49 cents, with lengthy commitments, plus if you don't like some incentive records they mail you, simply mail and return them.  LOL. That was horrible use of dangling the bait at the consumers expense. Particularly the young and impressionable. Most of all, forgetful who all of a sudden were bound to buy those samples. What a racket.

Now, subscriptions  can or should be a trial like experience, with no hidden agenda. As I'm sure we all agree, if the subscription road were the only path forward, then consumers will get quite and understandably irate. My gut which has been pretty reliable tells me this is not in Presonus better interest, or their intention going forward. At least for quite some time in the unforeseeable future. There will always be alternative competition and a market for the/us other folks.

The incentive here I suspect is try Sphere at any level of one's involvement, and maybe they'll like it. I don't believe they're dissmissing the faithful (as the opening post of this thread suggests).
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by roland1 on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:51 am
The "fishing" thing is a Godfather reference: Fredo takes one in the head on the boat. Apparently this was related to his thinking about subscribing to Sphere. :)

https://godfather.fandom.com/wiki/Fredo_Corleone?file=Vlcsnap-2010-02-25-21h14m03s100.png#Death

by Lokeyfly on Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:07 am
Along with Luca Brasi. He no doubt as a loyal enforcer to the family was shown the same fate (swims with the fishes). Seems, I better shut my widdle mouf! Huh eh eh eh eh.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by dpfranz on Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:21 pm
Yeah, and a lot of the time they hide the chat button. I go to presonus sphere > learn, and it isn't there in the lower right corner.

And now after I installed Studio One 6, it worked great until I uninstalled 5. Now it says "The user does not have a subscription product to update."

No chat support, and can't even reinstall version 5.

I'm pretty close to just taking away the privilege of *serving* me. Ableton beckons. I'm very close to done.
by Fornicras on Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:28 am
roland1 wroteHere's a great idea (probably because it's mine).

I advised the same thing in a post somewhere a while ago, why a license owner has to pay the same for Sphere?

Here's the post:

I agree with everything you said and I don't like PreSonus promoting Sphere at every opportunity.
So it's almost certain that they will never get rid of the subscription model but what I want from them is to let the owners of Studio One 5 use Sphere for half price, because I already bought the software why would I pay the same with one who didn't? And for the major upgrades, I don't think we should get Studio One 6 for free but we should get a discounted price for an upgrade if we are subbed to Sphere and also purchased SO5.

And lastly, I don't get why they don't release different packages. For instance, I don't and will never use Notion and music loops provided by the Sphere, so why not make 3 different packages with different prices?

Sphere All
Same as today includes everything for $15 a month.

Notionless Sphere
Includes everything but Notion for $10 a month.

Only Plugins Sphere
Includes Studio One and Presonus plugins only for $7 a month.

If you already own Studio One pay half price for everything, I'm not good at pricing things but I think something like this must be done.

Using Studio One 6 (Always the latest version)

System
i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, 2080TI, 34" 4K Display & 55" 4K Professional Display, Windows 10
Studio I/O
Lewitt LCT-440, Yamaha HS7, PreSonus Studio 1824c, Beyerdynamics DT1990, Audio Technica M50X
Studio Gear
Arturia Keylab 88 MK2, Atom Pad, Atom SQ
Instruments
Cordoba GK Studio, Takamine GJ72CE, Godin Session, Yamaha F310

R&B Singer / Songwriter / Producer
Website
by Lokeyfly on Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:10 am
Bump
Lokeyfly wroteI signed on the dotted line, and as Hyman Roth (Godfather II) says, "I didnt ask, I let it go. And I said to myself, this is the business we’ve chosen.” :P

So the rants continue. Complaining in this forum does nothing to change things.

It's an old thread. Pick your options, lay down your money and move on. It's three plus years from this original post. One can still purchase various Studio One packages. Pro, Studio, Prime (free), and Sphere. That's it. No Major League Baseball Channel, no drop Discovery channel. That's it.
Personally, I think their choices have been incredibly reasonable and both sides of the aisle will mostly validate that. It's a winning proposition on all sides.
Remind me to avoid these kick the can down the road threads. TY.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

55 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3