48 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
I'm in the market for a new interface due to more input needs. Currently using a Motu Microbook II which was pretty much Yosemite compatible as soon as Yosemite was released (I'm not buying the Apple is a secretive company line- too many other companies have drivers that work...especially at this point).

Anyway, I was looking at grabbing a PreSonus AudioBox 44VSL, and since I am a Studio One user I assume it would be a good match. Then I read all these horror stories about slow driver updates and previous USB issues etc. Even Focusrite is compatible with Yosemite. To me this isn't just a poor reflection of the product, but a black eye for the name Presonus. They really need to make a priority of this. Anyway, I guess I'll have to go Focusrite or shell out a good bit more for Motu.
by simenfosse on Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:06 am
I am struggling big time with getting my AB 1818 to work with a late 2013 iMac. After hot-plug the app tells me I have to upgrade my firmware, but it won´t let me.
When im trying to play music through it, it plays a little bit, and then it just crashes and distorts for a second and then plays some more. Super frustrating!
While on my 2007 Macbook it works perfectly well.

Does anyone have any clue on what this might be? I have been reinstalling and deleting files all day and getting real tired of this. My thought was to use the iMac for a live performance because it is superior in specs in comparison to my macbook.
by simenfosse on Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:13 am
UPDATE:
I tried one last time to make this work and I did the following:
1. Took a minute off everything
2. Turned off my iMac and my AB1818
3. Turned on my iMac and waited several minutes
4. Turned on my AB1818 and launched the app
The upgrade was succesfull and everything seems to be working very well now. Hope it helps someone!
by scottwebstar on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:49 pm
Still cannot use my Audiobox 1818VSL on my Macbook Pro with Yosemite for a few months now. I would not recommend Presonus on any new Macs if you are needing a new interface now.
by Rhythm302 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:41 pm
When is Presonus going to post an update for Yosemite?
I am seriously doubting their commitment to customer satisfaction at this point. its been months and my system still doesn't work correctly :|
by jerrythomason on Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:02 pm
mid 2011 imac, yosemite with audiobox vsl 1.3 and 44vsl interface. Studio One pro 2.6.(can't remember the last digit but it's up to date)

Monitoring on the Input side of the input/vsl knob is working fine. Monitoring through Studio One is working fine. Monitoring via VSL with S1 monitoring turned off has some issues with effects. I can use the gate/comp/eq just fine, but applying effects can cause an issue that results in no signal making it through to the main outputs (headphones).

I opened a case with presonus, and got an email saying basically "be patient, we're swamped."
by jerrythomason on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:00 am
jerrythomason wrotemid 2011 imac, yosemite with audiobox vsl 1.3 and 44vsl interface. Studio One pro 2.6.(can't remember the last digit but it's up to date)

Monitoring on the Input side of the input/vsl knob is working fine. Monitoring through Studio One is working fine. Monitoring via VSL with S1 monitoring turned off has some issues with effects. I can use the gate/comp/eq just fine, but applying effects can cause an issue that results in no signal making it through to the main outputs (headphones).

I opened a case with presonus, and got an email saying basically "be patient, we're swamped."

Presonus wrote back to me that the problem I'm having is a known issue with OSX, and that it is "slated to be addressed in future updates." I have responded by asking whether achieving osx compatibility is a priority, and if there is a possibility it might be fixed in the next few months, or not.
by Rhythm302 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:55 am
I opened a case and they responded with a reply, they said they are going to release an update to fix the problems but that was more than a month ago......WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS BUG SO WE CAN USE OUR EQUIPMENT THAT OUR HARD EARNED MONEY PAID FOR????!!!!

48 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3