11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Request:

One thing that makes a forum atmosphere really good is when people regularly help other people. In that light, if you come here with an issue and get productive help and say... "Thanks! You guys (people on the forum willing to help) are great!", please don't just disappear into the void. :)

Come back and pay it forward by helping someone else. While the long time users here try to help as much as they can, they can't do it all. So if you've been helped, maybe take a few minutes out of your busy day to help a few others.

Thanks.
by dgkenney on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:23 am
I helped Matthew move a loop. Does that count?

In all seriousness your point is well taken. Hopefully the new board will reset our attention on workflow, features and just general help for users with questions, lest we drift into a kvr-ish, my plug-in is bigger than yours.

Dan

"Don't think about making music, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more music.” - stolen and paraphrased from Andy Warhol.

Studio One 6.5x Pro
***Optoplex i7 @ 3.4 ghz 32 gig mem running Windows 10 x64 Pro
*** Levono E520 with Win 10 x64 Pro
***Studio rig - MOTU Ultralite AVB*** Audient ASP/880***
***Mobile rig - Antelope Zen Q***
***Soundtoys/Plugin Alliance/Izotope/Slate/Nomad Factory plugs***
and....Lots of Outboard gear cause Pipeline is your friend
by db on Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:21 pm
Well said LMike. I totally agree. :)

House | Dubstep by Thedmncproject

i7 920 | W8.1 x64 | 12GB RAM | Samson | Studio One Pro v2 | Echo Audio Fire 4 | Nvidia GTX 480
by matthewgorman on Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:45 pm
dgkenney wroteI helped Matthew move a loop. Does that count?

In all seriousness your point is well taken. Hopefully the new board will reset our attention on workflow, features and just general help for users with questions, lest we drift into a kvr-ish, my plug-in is bigger than yours.

Dan

Son of a $&@/?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by badness on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:16 pm
Sheesh. I read this, right after writing a gripe in the "going blind" topic.

So this is like going to church for me.

Thanks to ALL who have assisted me and, mostly, put up with my sense of humor. I know it ain't easy.

Intel Core i7-6700 @3.40GHz / 3.41GHz
Windows 10 64bit
16 Gigs RAM
Studio 192

STUDIO ONE 5 PRO (v. Latest)
Toys:
Roland JUNO-DS 88
Maschine Studio 2
Roli RISE ( controller of the future - future - future ) :ugeek:
Moog ONE ~ Novation Summit ~ ASM Hydrasynth ~Waldorf KYRA
Roland System8 ~ Roland SE-02 ~ Roland D-05 ~ My dog Fred :|
DeepMind 12 ~ ATOM sq ~ Basses and Guitars
47 za-billion $'s of soft synths, effects, and debt (the rest a highly coveted government secret) .

http://www.soundcloud.com/inverted7th

by woodsdenis on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:14 am
Well said Mike, very important for all of us as a community.

Mac Pro 3.33, 10.9.5 / Studio One 2.65 Pro / Cubase 8.10 / Live 9.2/ HD 96io
by oldblood on Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:49 am
Well said Mike, to me its the whole idea of a product based forum, that is why when I moved over to S1 from Reason it was so, so refreshing to see the helpful and friendly atmosphere here.
Hopefully as the new forum matures then it will come bigger and better thanks to people like you Mike.

Share the Skillz!!!!! ;)

Clive

i5 @4.4Ghz, 16 GB Ram, GTX 550TI graphics OS:Win7 64
Focusrite Sappire Pro 24DSP,Nektar Impact LX88,
KRK Rokit 6, Cakewalk MA-150.
DAW S1 V3 Professional
Synths: Reason,
Plugs: Waves, Slate,Soundtoys, Eventide, Lexicon, Melda and various.
by cristofe on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:22 am
+1

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by Lawrence on Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:56 am
oldblood wrote...thanks to people like you .

It 'aint me. :(

My / our collective hope (I think anyway) is that the highly skilled people who kinda drifted away will come back more often now. Uber talented guys like Motoko. Really, really cool people with really unique and rare perspectives like Julia B, who, as far as I can tell, was probably one of the few regular female contributors. Great technicians and engineers like Johnny and SunMachine. Cool people like CTStump who is one of the nicest guys I've ever personally met on the net.

Those are the people (and many similar others) who really made the "older" original forum great... imo, mmv, and my apologies for excluding anyone ... and some of them drifted away because they're too busy making money (a time management problem we all would like to have :)) and some others maybe just got bored with some repetitive discussions, dunno.

Guys like me, who have lots more free time because I've drawn a rigid line in the sand with my older semi-pro client base as relates to what they're willing to pay and what I'll actually work for, have been around here a lot more. :)
by scottyo7 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:45 pm
No complaint from me. :mrgreen:

I've got to keep coming back here to help others cuz I'm still in the negative,
I've been helped more than I've given... hmm... yeah, kind of like going to church. ;)

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by Bbd on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:28 pm
+1

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ

11 posts
Page 1 of 1