Includes StudioLive 312Ai, 315Ai 328Ai and SL18sAi
14 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm sitting on 8 thousand dollars of gear I can't use!. I have 2 words for presonus.. BETA TEST! I have 2 more words for presonus.. bleep AWSOME! So what gives? Why are there so many issues with networking? I have three things in play. An Ipad, a router, and a 328. The Ipad and router are best friends, the 328 is a problem child. If anyone has a router, an Ipad running Room Control, connected to a 328 please call me! 352-283-4041
by mwright137 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:13 pm
Are you trying to use the WiFi dongle or Ethernet?

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by 2Loud4u on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:55 pm
I'm just reading the book! I have no issues with the console and the Ipad.(slRemote) My issue is with the Ai speakers and Room Control. On the same network. You could be $100 richer if you can solve this. I'm 8k in this system, It's a 32.4.2Ai, 18sAi, 328Ai,. I'm not an idiot. I know that there is a $10 answer to a $100 question.
by 2Loud4u on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:11 am
I want to use wireless. Who wants to run 4 Cat5 cables.(on top of the power and signal) That's not what I bought in too.
by mwright137 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:22 am
I wasn't suggesting you use Ethernet. I was just asking so I know how to proceed.

The easiest way to connect your 328 to the WiFi is to first connect via Ethernet to a computer that has the WiFi network you want to use registered. It sounds weird, but that's the only way to get WiFi settings into the speaker. Do all the speakers at the same time. You don't need long cables - I did this in my dining room with my router I use for gigs, the computer I use for gigs, and the speakers. Once they're all connected via Ethernet, open Room Control. On the main screen, you'll see a WiFi icon on the upper right. Click that. It looks like this:
Screen Shot 2014-07-12 at 2.18.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-12 at 2.18.45 AM.png (8.5 KiB) Viewed 12036 times

Once in that screen, you should see all speakers that have WiFi dongles on the top half and all the WiFi networks your computer has connected to on the bottom half. Pick the network you want. I can't remember if this is it or if you click an OK button or something but this will put the SSID and password into the speaker. You can then unplug the Ethernet and the WiFi should take over.

StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by 2Loud4u on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:32 am
Thanks Mwright137. I'll try this tomorrow. I hope it works and you have a PayPal account!
by mwright137 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:26 am
No payment necessary. Hope it works out for you.

My Website
by 2Loud4u on Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:59 pm
Still no luck. It all seems to work until i unplug the ethernet. Then the speakers dissapear. I power cycled them but no luck. I really don't know what else to try. I've tried 5 routers! If anyone has the wifi working please tell me what router you are using. I have no problem with the Ai board and wifi or my Ipad running SL Remote. It's just the wifi in the speakers.
by mwright137 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:11 pm
I use a LinkSys E5200. Checked their site and looks like they don't make them anymore but this is close:

http://www.linksys.com/en-eu/products/routers/E4200

My Website
by mwright137 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:12 pm
Does your router have the 2.4 GHz channel enabled? The StudioLive AI speakers do not do 5 GHz.

My Website
by 2Loud4u on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:43 pm
AH! You may be on to something. I will make sure 2.4 is enabled. Also i noticed that no matter what i name the router it has a "guest" network. If i name it StudioLive, and scan for networks i see a StudioLive network with a lock and a StudioLive-guest network with no lock. I don't know what that is about. I've been using the router (Cisco/Linksys e2500) for 3 years with my 24.4.2 classic. I use 2 ipads at FOH. One for slRemote and one for Luminair which is my DMX over wi-fi. The console lives on-stage with a MacBook Pro4.
by mwright137 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:28 am
The guest network can be turned off from inside the router settings. I always do that.

My Website
by abrand2 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:20 am
Hi Guys,

So, I believe there are two things at play here.

1. You MUST have the latest firmware on your Speakers. This is very important to making sure your speakers are able to communicate with Room Control.

Firmware update process and verification of firmware update Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ4N71Ji8eE

NOTE: Check out the drive compatibility statement we have below to make sure you are using a good drive that can correctly do the firmware updates:

http://support.presonus.com/entries/229 ... dioLive-AI

2. You want to verify you are networking your Speakers correctly. We have created a Knowledge Base Article below that can help you understand how to network devices properly.

http://support.presonus.com/entries/398 ... leshooting

NOTE: When connecting devices through network (ethernet hard wiring) means, make sure you are using a network unmanaged switch to improve connection. Some routers do not do network filtering properly and can cause a bad connection. Wireless connection on these type of routers are encouraged if used without a switch.
by mwright137 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:22 am
Thanks for chiming in!

My Website

14 posts
Page 1 of 1