6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Like some other software it seems logical to have options to create password protected or controlled access documents.
Adobe Acrobat offers different options which control the use of printing, modifying, copying, date and time restraints etc. etc.
IMO this is an important feature to have since intellectual property is what most people would call there work created in Notion 5.

,Newberry

:arrow:
by martinkutschker on Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:29 pm
Why don't you get a PDF printer with support for that? How are you distributing works now?

Masi
by johnnewberry on Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:40 pm
I have Adobe Acrobat.

I'm talking about Notion files that have the same type of choice that set privileges when saving or printing from the Notion document itself.
I would like to make playable documents for demo and lessons that have limits to who or how they can be used.

,Newberry

by martinkutschker on Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:14 pm
I see. But is Notion widespread enough to make this really useful?

I guess you're better off by just makeing a PDF of the first (couple of) page(s). Perhaps you can put a fat SAMPLE "sticker" across it as seen on online score shops. Or you could capture a video of Notion rendering your composition. Another thought would be to render your work as audio with some extra noise [1].

The beeper feature (or something similar) is probably the easiest to add. Not quite so easy would be an "export to video". But it's possible. For what it's worth Band-In-A-Box 2015 has it as a new feature.

Masi

[1] http://www.voxengo.com/product/beeper/
by johnnewberry on Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:30 pm
I use SmartMusic which plays back practice and lesson files that are created and exported in Finale.
I just think Notion could do all of this better.

,Newberry

by martinkutschker on Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:48 pm
Aha. So you want some kind of performance-only version of Notion. I know what you mean, there are programs of that kind (even browser plugins) available for well-known score writers.

As I'm no pro I don't think I need such thing. And if I were I probably would get myself a copy of the top-notch score writers. Don't get me wrong, I love Notion, but it has it's limitations.

For the average Joe I guess the video export would be fun. And it would solve part a of your problem.

Masi

6 posts
Page 1 of 1