Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello all.

I've searched for a solution to this and came across the old forum which says, select your group of notes, press the "=" key and then select your time value from the menu but "=" didn't bring up a menu. Could anyone guide me ? I just want to change a group of 32's to 16's as I've entered them wrong. 🙄

Ta

Colin.
by michaelmyers1 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:52 pm
There's no menu or dialog involved. Select the notes, hit the equal key and then immediately hit the W, H, Q, E, S, or T key for the new time value desired for the notes selected.

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Ventura 13.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6 + Studio One 5 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by colinmold on Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:06 pm
Thanks Michael.
There must be something I'm doing wrong. I'm in Melody Mode and selecting the notes by a left mouse button click and drawing across the group to highlight. I then press "=" followed by "s" but still nothing. I'll keep trying in case I find out what I'm doing wrong.

Changing existing notes values to a different value.PNG
Changing existing notes values to a different value.PNG (3.86 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
by michaelmyers1 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:39 pm
colinmold wroteThanks Michael.
There must be something I'm doing wrong. I'm in Melody Mode and selecting the notes by a left mouse button click and drawing across the group to highlight. I then press "=" followed by "s" but still nothing. I'll keep trying in case I find out what I'm doing wrong.

Changing existing notes values to a different value.PNG

Should work. Make sure you're in edit mode (the little conductor icon is gray, NOT blue).

macOS Ventura 13.4
JBL LSR310S subwoofer

by colinmold on Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:22 am
Mmmm, still doesn't do anything :roll: I'll investigate further and let you know if I get it working and what I was doing wrong. Must be doing something wrong.
by colinmold on Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:48 am
An update Michael. if I leave caps lock on, select the notes, press = followed by S to change the 32's to 16's. Nothing happens. If I turn caps lock off, select the notes, press = followed by Shift + S, that should equate to the same thing but my mouse pointer changes to a slur. Is it related to the menu I have active or something ? I have a note value sub menu active

Screen Shot - note value changing.PNG

PS I have now located section 10.5 of the user guide which says exactly what you've told me.
by michaelmyers1 on Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:35 pm
Curious. On my system, I get the same behavior regardless of caps lock or not. I hit =s and it changes selected notes to sixteenth. If i do = shift s, i get the slur. I use that keyboard shortcut all the time, shift s gives me a slur.

Sounds to me like an oddity with your system or maybe your keyboard settings. Might want to submit a ticket to Notion support.

macOS Ventura 13.4
JBL LSR310S subwoofer

by Surf.Whammy on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:30 am
colinmold wroteAn update Michael. if I leave caps lock on, select the notes, press = followed by S to change the 32's to 16's. Nothing happens. If I turn caps lock off, select the notes, press = followed by Shift + S, that should equate to the same thing but my mouse pointer changes to a slur. Is it related to the menu I have active or something ? I have a note value sub menu active.

PS I have now located section 10.5 of the user guide which says exactly what you've told me.

As best as I can determine, you are doing this on a Windows machine? :)

THOUGHTS

I searched your posts and found one where you referred to "ctrl-D (PC)", which is why I am guessing you are doing this on a Windows machine, which is fine . . .

michaelmyers1 is on the Mac-like me-so there are differences, where for example the Mac has a "control" key but no "ctrl" key, and "ctrl" on a Windows machine maps to the "command" key on a Mac . . .

This could be due to the type of mouse, trackpad, Watcom drawing tablet, or other mouse-like device you are using, or it could be something else . . .

Some of the shortcut and hotkey combinations are different on Windows machines . . .

Generally, everything on the Mac is the same for everyone--with the exception of the language one selects with respect to the keyboard, where for example German keyboards have a different layout and characters from English keyboards, mostly due to German having things like umlauts and characters that are not on an English keyboard . . .

[NOTE: On German and other international keyboards, note duration values are numbers rather than characters like on an English keyboard (actually an American keyboard, but so what) . . . ]

Whether it matters is another topic; but I think it's a general rule that you can do everything NOTION does regardless of whether your computer is a Mac or a Windows machine . . . :+1

One thing I noticed, which on the Mac is a bit non-standard, is working with "caps lock" ON . . .

I nearly never use the "caps lock" key on the Mac . . .

Lots of FUN! :)

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
by colinmold on Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:48 am
Thanks for your replies folks :+1 Yes I can confirm I'm on a Windows 10 machine. I wish these days that I was using a Mac :roll: I'm fed up with MS Windows but that's another story. Can't afford to change at the moment.
Well, based on your responses, I'll have a play around with it this evening and see if I can solve the problem. :+1
ttfn
by colinmold on Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:23 pm
And the answer is, the keyboad mapping of US vs UK although having worked with Terminal Emulation software before I thought "=" + "s" would have been the same with a US keyboard as it is with a Uk keyboard. Don't really get that. Anyway it's all clear in the short cuts document below. Mine keys are 5-0

I shall keep the shortcuts .pdf open in future as it'll help.

Shortcuts.PNG
by michaelmyers1 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:31 pm
I had thought at one point that it might be keyboard mapping.

At least you got it figured out!

macOS Ventura 13.4
JBL LSR310S subwoofer

by colinmold on Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:54 am
Yep all good Michael, although having changed my 32s to 16s it joined that group with a beam to the following group of 32's I had yet to change. When I tried to remove that beam, the program crashed but that's another topic I think. At least we got to the bottom of the main issue even if I'm still no better off :-). I'll probably just start again. Cheers. :thumbup:

12 posts
Page 1 of 1