StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
265 postsPage 2 of 14
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14
I would like to have the EQ on the effects return.
And something like a gang mode which is in soundcraft vi6, when I can select multiple channels and to make them the same operation (increase the level fader, turn expander, etc.)
It's great time saver.

Important for me. Each of the 16 send in the channel can be selected pre / post.
Or global pre / post in channel. (except global aux pre / post)
Because when I mix fader down, the music continues to play in the monitor vocalist (aux pre).
This is not normal.

Thank U.
Last edited by DmitriySinelnikov on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
by mamerica on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:04 pm
On the SL Remote, you can rotate the ipad and see a view that allows you to change any Aux Send level for one particular channel. I would really like to see this implemented in UC Surface. Maybe as another Tab.

RM16AI; StudioLive 16.4.2 AI;
MacBook Pro; MacMini;
Studio One Proffesional; FaderPort
Waves MultiRack
by dougwatson on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:50 pm
I have a couple of suggestions to add to all the other wonderful suggestions already posted.

How about adding meters behind the faders in the Group Master view so you can see the levels of each group? Also, add a meter behind the flex fader when expanding a group. When in the DCA Group master view, the only metering that's visible is the the mains (or Aux outs if one is selected) and the teeny tiny meters at the very bottom of the screen.

Previous suggestions that I want to "second" include: Color coding, Hiding unused RM channels, Selecting whether displaying the Mono or Main or Both faders/meters, offline editing...

Also, Looking forward to the Smart release!

StudioLive 24.4.2 StudioLive RM32AI MacBookPro OSX 10.8.5 Mac Mini OSX 10.9.5 (In Rack Case with the RM)
by DmitriySinelnikov on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:02 pm
How protected from dust knob controls on the Main and Mono Output.
May make an additional volume control program software. As for Yamaha CL.
It will be sad if, after several months of work will the noise and clicks.
(I have a negative experience at the Yamaha M7CL and CL3, because of the dust began to faders incorrectly work).
by alaistairdeacon on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:46 am
Maybe a new one?

How about adding linking of the pre-amp gain on stereo linked channels.

For example, connecting an ipod or CD player via DI, I have to adjust the preamp gain separately in the left and right channel.

The OCD in me wants them at exactly the same level....dead easy to see in an analogue mixer, but difficult to see on a touch screen as I am adjusting.
by dougwatson on Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:10 pm
I ran into an issue over the weekend where I changing a bunch of channels from Analog input to Firewire input and that process in UC Surface got old real fast. On my old 24.4.2, it was a simple one finger swipe all the across the board on the firewire input source buttons... Boom and in less than a second all 24 could be switched to analog or digital. How about a simple way to apply a mass change such as this? It took me nearly two minutes to switch a little over half of the inputs from Analog to Firewire source...

Thanks!

StudioLive 24.4.2 StudioLive RM32AI MacBookPro OSX 10.8.5 Mac Mini OSX 10.9.5 (In Rack Case with the RM)
by gbam55 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:23 pm
Hi,

I'd like to chip in with a request related to A/B swapping of fat channel settings.

I have a musician who plays 2 different instruments using the same mic. I would like to eq each one separately. I can do this fine, I would like separate instrument icons and strip descriptions for A and B.

ie. flip from A to B icon & channel name changes - otherwise how to I describe the input on the channel ?
Thanks

Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2, 16.0.2 (x2), Studiolive mobile, Mac mini i7 Quad core, 16GB, MacBook Pro 2012 (1T Ssd & with all the Ports you need) Studio One Professionnal. Mélodine editor, Fader Port, StudioLive RM32-AI, CS18-ai, KRK VTX4 monitors and KRK 10s.
KRK 10 3 monitors. Yamaha O1v, KRK rokit 10 3 monitors. RCF 725-II PA and RCF 325 stage monitors. Turbosound TQ425/455 DP PA.
by epeterso on Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:23 pm
dougwatson wroteI ran into an issue over the weekend where I changing a bunch of channels from Analog input to Firewire input and that process in UC Surface got old real fast. On my old 24.4.2, it was a simple one finger swipe all the across the board on the firewire input source buttons... Boom and in less than a second all 24 could be switched to analog or digital. How about a simple way to apply a mass change such as this? It took me nearly two minutes to switch a little over half of the inputs from Analog to Firewire source...

Thanks!

Yes!!!! You took the words right out of my mouth. I struggled with that the other day, I also have a 16.4.2 in my PA so I know what you are talking about.

RM32AI using FW800 and a 25 foot cable, 24 bit 88.2 kHz.

Home built 4 GHz DAW i-7 3930K 32 GB RAM, Blu Ray burner, all SSD except for RAID drives, three 24" screens at mixing desk, fourth screen in the ISO Booth. This thing screams!

SONAR Platinum with Radikal SAC-2.2 surface, Waves Gold FX, Samplitude Pro X, Melodyne. Magix Video Pro X6, and Adobe Acrobat X Pro.

StudioLive 16.4.2 or X32 Rack for gigs Firewire connected to Sony VAIO all-in-wonder touch screen PC.
by basmeijer on Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:16 pm
gbam55 wroteI have a musician who plays 2 different instruments using the same mic. I would like to eq each one separately. I can do this fine, I would like separate instrument icons and strip descriptions for A and B.

ie. flip from A to B icon & channel name changes - otherwise how to I describe the input on the channel ?

When needed I always did this with splitter cables behind the desk, so 1 female-XLR in, 2 male-XLR out, parallelled. This way you copy a channel. It works on any desk.
Well, I suppose this is not a very decent way to do it, loosing an input as well and create a little less impedance, but a possible temporary workaround. Due to the lower impedance there could be a little bit of colouring depending on the microphone.

Alternatively, without touching the solder iron to make a such a cable you could "copy" the channel by sending it to a mix bus and route that one back into another input.

A better way would be of course to copy a channel digitally by the RM.

I would use this feature for sure occasionally.
by gbam55 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:42 am
I don't know if these are already on the list but here goes :
Trim or PAD on tape in
Linked Auxes with panning

Tks
G

Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2, 16.0.2 (x2), Studiolive mobile, Mac mini i7 Quad core, 16GB, MacBook Pro 2012 (1T Ssd & with all the Ports you need) Studio One Professionnal. Mélodine editor, Fader Port, StudioLive RM32-AI, CS18-ai, KRK VTX4 monitors and KRK 10s.
KRK 10 3 monitors. Yamaha O1v, KRK rokit 10 3 monitors. RCF 725-II PA and RCF 325 stage monitors. Turbosound TQ425/455 DP PA.
by mcoull on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:08 pm
dougwatson wroteI ran into an issue over the weekend where I changing a bunch of channels from Analog input to Firewire input and that process in UC Surface got old real fast. On my old 24.4.2, it was a simple one finger swipe all the across the board on the firewire input source buttons... Boom and in less than a second all 24 could be switched to analog or digital. How about a simple way to apply a mass change such as this? It took me nearly two minutes to switch a little over half of the inputs from Analog to Firewire source...

Thanks!

YES YES YES! Switching 32 channels from Analog to Firewire is a huge waste of time. I created a black preset to easily switch over when starting a new session, but if I'm already working on a mix it doesn't work. A way to switch all channels from one to the other would be fantastic!

Great Idea!

Studio Live RM32ai
Studio Live 16.4.2 Classic
Firebox
Studio One 2 Pro
Mac Book Pro 15" - (mid 2014) 2.5GHz i7, 16GB (Recording)
Gateway DX4850 PC - i5-2300, 2.80GHz, 6GB, FW800 card (Playback, S1 Pro)
HP Pavillion All-in-one - AMD A10-7800/1TB HDD/8GB RAM/AMD Radeon R7 Graphics (UC Surface)
iPad (3) (UC Surface), iPod (5) (Qmix)
by epeterso on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:39 pm
mcoull wrote

Thanks!

YES YES YES! Switching 32 channels from Analog to Firewire is a huge waste of time. I created a black preset to easily switch over when starting a new session, but if I'm already working on a mix it doesn't work. A way to switch all channels from one to the other would be fantastic!

Great Idea!

Just thinking out loud here ... One thing that might be cool would be MACROS that you could bind to a named button in a set of buttons like the mute groups. Basically, you'd hit a macro record button and then perform your GUI actions like setting the inputs to Firewire, then you'd stop recording and name the button "All Firewire In", you could do the same to get back to Analog Inputs and name it "All Analog In".

RM32AI using FW800 and a 25 foot cable, 24 bit 88.2 kHz.

Home built 4 GHz DAW i-7 3930K 32 GB RAM, Blu Ray burner, all SSD except for RAID drives, three 24" screens at mixing desk, fourth screen in the ISO Booth. This thing screams!

SONAR Platinum with Radikal SAC-2.2 surface, Waves Gold FX, Samplitude Pro X, Melodyne. Magix Video Pro X6, and Adobe Acrobat X Pro.

StudioLive 16.4.2 or X32 Rack for gigs Firewire connected to Sony VAIO all-in-wonder touch screen PC.
by gbam55 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:07 pm
Hi,
Channel input select - When flipping from analogue to FW or other way by groups of channels , not just all or none.

On the SL 16.4.2 it's easy to hit any button you want -not so on the RM 32.

Perhaps a view of all the inputs and be able to see XLR for analogue and FW or digital with change state function?

Should be fast & save/recallable

Cheers

by bumbum on Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:02 pm
epeterso wrote
mcoull wrote

Thanks!

Great Idea!

Just thinking out loud here ... One thing that might be cool would be MACROS that you could bind to a named button in a set of buttons like the mute groups. Basically, you'd hit a macro record button and then perform your GUI actions like setting the inputs to Firewire, then you'd stop recording and name the button "All Firewire In", you could do the same to get back to Analog Inputs and name it "All Analog In".

YES! This would be awsome! Sometimes I use only couple of channels through FW, so it should be optional.
by mcpav on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:59 pm
I would very much like the ability to create audio groups for common processing i.e compression, EQ. The Filter Groups are a fabulous addition to enhance control of multiple channels but as far as I can tell they do not allow simultaneous processing like when you patch a stereo compressor over a stereo audio sub group in an analog mixer.

Offline editing would be great too.
by idle77 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:06 am
mcpav wroteI would very much like the ability to create audio groups for common processing i.e compression, EQ. The Filter Groups are a fabulous addition to enhance control of multiple channels but as far as I can tell they do not allow simultaneous processing like when you patch a stereo compressor over a stereo audio sub group in an analog mixer.

Offline editing would be great too.

I'm assuming that if and when they when they release a version of Surface that includes subgroups it will also include processing for this subgroups. DCA's are nothing more than a remote control. Think back to an analog board and notice there is no way to apply any processing to a VCA because the signal does not flow thru the vca. However the signal does flow thru a subgroup allowing you to add processing at that point in the chain.
by [email protected] on Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:26 pm
I'm missing one icon in particular: a head-worn mic. I would also welcome some additional presets for woodwind instruments such as flute, clarinet, oboe.
by bjmccaskil on Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:50 pm
I would like to see something very noticeable, perhaps flashing, when Aux or FX mixes are selected. When flying around trying to fix everything at once, it is so easy to mess up the FX or someones monitor settings by being in a hurry and forgetting to switch back to the Mains. I do it repeatedly (slow learner). The fader colour differences are good but not quite enough. Not to mention the problem faced by operators who are more seriously colour blind.

Just trying to help fine tune a generally great interface.
by stuarthowitt on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:05 am
IOS app switching support, I find if I switch to another app then switch back to UC Surface I have to wait for the app to reconnect and on occasions the app closes down on return.
by stuarthowitt on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:11 am
I'm sure it's been mentioned but offline editing would be good, can save time on larger shows.

265 postsPage 2 of 14
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14