87 postsPage 3 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Actually, "It was working before" is the perfect first step for troubleshooting, with the key being...."before what?"

"It was working before I installed xxx" or "It was working before Windows updated."

So, if it was working prior, please don't spare the response of "It was working before" as long as you us what the before was. Often, that's your biggest clue.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by PreAl on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:18 am
gregghart wroteActually, "It was working before" is the perfect first step for troubleshooting, with the key being...."before what?"

"It was working before I installed xxx" or "It was working before Windows updated."

So, if it was working prior, please don't spare the response of "It was working before" as long as you us what the before was. Often, that's your biggest clue.

We've already been told.. apparently it was working before Studio One got updated. That does not mean Studio One update is the issue, but many will often want to fight me to the death convinced it is.

So that scenario does not give many clues at all. The only clue is (perhaps) that others don't have any issue (that's often forgotten about) and/or they are running on similar hardware or OS's.

It could be anything from Windows programming libraries needing updating, antivirus not configured correctly, drivers ceasing to be compatible (needing updating), or some other config issue not even thought about, or maybe even a bug in the OS or Studio One.

So unless lots of others are experiencing exact steps to reproduce, and have followed appropriate troubleshooting tips relative to the symptoms , and have compared spec's.. really you have hardly anything to go on.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by gregghart on Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:17 am
Yet, if it was working before the update, and doesn't work after the update, a great troubleshooting step would be, "Uninstall the current version and go back to the previous." Does it still work?

If Yes: Then I agree with you, Al, there is likely a Windows library / update / etc., that is causing the problem. Unless it's a widespread problem. which in this case, it isn't. I 100% agree it is not likely a Studio One issue in this case. It's not likely AV at this point, unless Studio One completely changed the way files are accessed. It would be a good idea to check Windows update logs, etc., however. Maybe a Windows update conflicts with a Studio One update...HOWEVER, the probem would likely be more widespread than a single user. Maybe check your Audio Interface (AI) drivers. Uninstall / reinstall. The works. So, yes. We do agree on this.

If No: Then that proves something ELSE happened since you updated. Please think about what else you might have installed since. Also, check your update logs in Windows...did they update without you knowing? Windows likes to do that. Also check that your AI drivers are up to date, and also check things like Windows Defender logs.

So, yes. Still a great troubleshooting step. PreAl, I do this for a living. Have been for 30 years. Not trying to make this an argument, but just showing that it IS a good first step, regardless of what you may have been told. It's a VERY well known fact that people seem to lose track of the "before what" stuff. So it helps narrow things down to actually take the steps of "returning to the before what" when at all possible.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

by Morticia on Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:12 pm
gregghart wroteYet, if it was working before the update, and doesn't work after the update, a great troubleshooting step would be, "Uninstall the current version and go back to the previous." Does it still work?

If Yes: Then I agree with you, Al, there is likely a Windows library / update / etc., that is causing the problem. Unless it's a widespread problem. which in this case, it isn't. I 100% agree it is not likely a Studio One issue in this case. It's not likely AV at this point, unless Studio One completely changed the way files are accessed. It would be a good idea to check Windows update logs, etc., however. Maybe a Windows update conflicts with a Studio One update...HOWEVER, the probem would likely be more widespread than a single user. Maybe check your Audio Interface (AI) drivers. Uninstall / reinstall. The works. So, yes. We do agree on this.

If No: Then that proves something ELSE happened since you updated. Please think about what else you might have installed since. Also, check your update logs in Windows...did they update without you knowing? Windows likes to do that. Also check that your AI drivers are up to date, and also check things like Windows Defender logs.

So, yes. Still a great troubleshooting step. PreAl, I do this for a living. Have been for 30 years. Not trying to make this an argument, but just showing that it IS a good first step, regardless of what you may have been told. It's a VERY well known fact that people seem to lose track of the "before what" stuff. So it helps narrow things down to actually take the steps of "returning to the before what" when at all possible.

I agree with this 100% :thumbup:
Not only did I do this for a living too in the past, but also trained people in it.

'Events' are one of the two elements of Fault Tree Analysis along with Logic Gates ( e.g.
If Yes
or
If No
as gregghart states.
Clearly a software update / upgrade must be considered as an Event and tested in the fault finding process.

Fault Tree Analysis and Kepner Tregoe Problem Analysis are two excellent tools for getting to the root of problems.

https://sixsigmastudyguide.com/fault-tree-analysis/

https://www.itsmsolutions.com/newslette ... 6iss19.htm

AMD Phenom quad core | 8 GB RAM | Roland UA-25 EX audio interface | Radeon HD 2400 Pro | Win 8.1 x64 | Studio One Pro v3.5.6 x64

"The queen of spades is a friend of mine, the queen of hearts is a bitch
someday when I clean up my mind, I'll find out which is which"
Gram Parsons
by PreAl on Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:14 pm
gregghart wrote.So, yes. Still a great troubleshooting step. PreAl, I do this for a living. Have been for 30 years. Not trying to make this an argument, but just showing that it IS a good first step, regardless of what you may have been told.

Not disagreeing with you too much, you more or less repeated what I said before..but point of order on last statement, you're not the only IT professional here with over 30 years experience. My degree is in computer science, I've done support, built computers for Samsung, been a sysadmin several times, DBA, QA and developer jobs, and I've worked in Silicon valley for 4 years among other jobs, such as two major recording studios, and right now I'm working on big TV and film productions.

That does not make me a genius, or always right, I really didn't come here to show off or beat my chest either, but you seemed to call me out as an amateur... what I'm trying to say is nobody "told me" to do anything. I've learned how these things work.

Let's agree to disagree, rolling back may show the symptom but often does not identify the problem, simply because programming dependencies can be far too complex. Basically once you've rolled back, then what are you going to do? (Unless you want to stay with the old version). You're basically going to need to go back to what what was not working before and try to get it to work (via the usual troubleshooting steps).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by gregghart on Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:16 am
The "you have been told" part wasn't aimed at you...it was aimed at the end user who may have been told otherwise. So, sorry that you took it that way. I do agree with you, believe it or not, however, in the case of Studio One, rolling back usually works. And if you can get back to working by rolling back, you can at least work. In the meantime, you can also investigate what might have been introduced to your PC that the new update doesn't like. In fact, that's what I had to do with the font issue with the score editor. Rolling back allowed me to continue to work while QA researched the issue and discovered that there was a font on my PC (and several others who had the issue) that was conflicting with their score editor update. So, that proves my point pretty well. :)

Just as an FYI, not trying to "one up you" I promise. I have also worked in Silicon Valley. For Diamond Multimedia. For 8 years. I was the Product Team Leader for the Diamond Rio, and Monster Sound and the first iteration of the ReplayTV. For the Monster Sound, being one of the only people who really actually understood MIDI, is where I got the name "Midiboy" which has been my artist name for 25 years now. (My Word...has it really been that long...sheesh).

You have a very impressive resume there though. Never been a DBA before. The creation of Databases frustrate me, especially when dealing with Oracle / SQL stuff. Access is a bit my level...so that should tell you something. lol. Anyway, also, I'm not saying I'm always right either. Really not trying to start something with you, but my method of troubleshooting has always served me well. Tracing the problem backwards.

by PreAl on Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:11 pm
Ok let's move on...

by robertgray3 on Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:22 pm
PreAl wroteOk let's move on...

Where was this sentiment back on Page 1? :mrgreen:

Anyone having plugin resize issues on Mac? I noticed switching between plug-ins in the insert window will occasionally not resize the plugin window’s height so there will be black space at the bottom. Toggling back and forth between plugin GUIs generally fixes it. Curious if it’s limited to the older AMD FirePros as I’ve not seen it happen on an nVidia card yet.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by bentravis on Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:45 pm
Hey guys! The new update is cool, but I've noticed that when I do "add layer" (which I have mapped to a key command to make it speedy), it now pops up and asks me to name that layer. This is slowing down my workflow a lot, so I'm wondering how to disable it. Hoping this isn't a "feature" that was added with no way to turn it off, as it is definitely *not* a feature I wanted.

I usually record a take, then hit my key command to throw that take out to a new layer, then do another take. No need for any pop-up window in that process.

Thanks,
Ben
by hello people on Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:30 pm
I got to say...the 'not playing back all tracks when clicking on a earlier (or any) section of the song is still present...despite clearing cache as support said. It is less present...but still present...and NOT something I've experienced with any previous version of Studio One.

A real work flow killer.

:roll:

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II
by robertgray3 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:53 am
hello people wroteI got to say...the 'not playing back all tracks when clicking on a earlier (or any) section of the song is still present...despite clearing cache as support said. It is less present...but still present...and NOT something I've experienced with any previous version of Studio One.

A real work flow killer.

Are you using Audio Bend on these tracks perchance? Or have you adjusted the Speedup parameter on any of the audio events?

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by chrisfocke on Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:55 am
hello people wroteI got to say...the 'not playing back all tracks when clicking on a earlier (or any) section of the song is still present...despite clearing cache as support said. It is less present...but still present...and NOT something I've experienced with any previous version of Studio One.

A real work flow killer.

Same here , also when i pitch audio track , its randomly playing parts of the audio file not in the pitch i've corrected in.

Very frustrating sometimes

by Baphometrix on Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:07 am
The feeling I get from watching all this is that the audio cache has some regressions/bugs in it still. I hope folks are reporting these problems to Support instead of just dropping anecdotal complaints here and thinking that takes care of the problem. :)

Studio One 5.2.x Pro (Sphere) | Bitwig 4.x | Ableton 10.x
Faderport 8 | ATOM SQ | MOTU M4 | Windows 10 | i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Geforce RTX 2070
by slylarock on Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:05 am
Baphometrix wroteThe feeling I get from watching all this is that the audio cache has some regressions/bugs in it still. I hope folks are reporting these problems to Support instead of just dropping anecdotal complaints here and thinking that takes care of the problem. :)

Well said!

Studio One 5.5.2 Professional
Asus ROG Z690, Intel i9-12900K, 32Mb Ram, Win 10 Pro
RME Babyface Pro, Faderport V2, Presonus Studio Channel, Kemper Profiling Amp, Strat/Tele/LP/Dean Caddy/P-Bass/Taylor 214ce
by Bbd on Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:58 pm
Baphometrix wroteThe feeling I get from watching all this is that the audio cache has some regressions/bugs in it still. I hope folks are reporting these problems to Support instead of just dropping anecdotal complaints here and thinking that takes care of the problem. :)

I second that emotion!
Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by risotto on Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:49 am
hello people wroteI got to say...the 'not playing back all tracks when clicking on a earlier (or any) section of the song is still present...despite clearing cache as support said. It is less present...but still present...and NOT something I've experienced with any previous version of Studio One. A real work flow killer. :roll:

I have the exact same issue here. It also happens sometimes when I unmute a track I have to wait or hit stop/play/stop/play several times.
Also S1 sometimes hangs up randomly during playback when I add a new track, try to insert a plugin or change the color or something else. But this happend only when the playback was running. So this can be somewhat related to the other problems.
I've send my specs and the description via the ticket system to the support. I'm also open at any time to give a developer remote access to my system if it helps.

S1Pro
by PreAl on Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:47 am
risotto wrote
hello people wroteI got to say...the 'not playing back all tracks when clicking on a earlier (or any) section of the song is still present...despite clearing cache as support said. It is less present...but still present...and NOT something I've experienced with any previous version of Studio One. A real work flow killer. :roll:

I have the exact same issue here. It also happens sometimes when I unmute a track I have to wait or hit stop/play/stop/play several times.
Also S1 sometimes hangs up randomly during playback when I add a new track, try to insert a plugin or change the color or something else. But this happend only when the playback was running. So this can be somewhat related to the other problems.
I've send my specs and the description via the ticket system to the support. I'm also open at any time to give a developer remote access to my system if it helps.

Sigs states you are running V3 and Win7. This is a 5.1.1 thread.

by risotto on Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:48 am
Yeah I know this and I wouldn't have wrote this if it wasn't about the actual V5 I'm able to read the thread title :D . I'm using S1 since version 1, sig is old, sry for not updating this. I'm on Version 4 and now on 5 on Win10. Finished my last projects in 4 and started to make the switch to 5, mainly because of the continuing support and improvements in the future. But I need to find out where the actual Version 5 and my system are not compatible. I'm normally using the latest available release, I'm not shy updating and this is the first time I recognize major issues since the nvidia problems a few years back.

S1Pro
by gabrielmacedo1 on Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:16 am
After a long time, Wasapi is working great in this version on AMD setups.

Setup: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U, 12GB RAM, 1TB SSD/HD, Vega 8 - Win10

DAWs: Cubase Pro 11, Studio One Pro 5.1, Reaper 6, Bitwig 3.3.1, Ableton Live 10.1
by Outloaf on Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:17 pm
I've also been having random tracks not play quite frequently- a tad frustrating and I don't really know how to submit a ticket as there aren't really any steps to reproduce this aside from hitting play.. haha

87 postsPage 3 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5