5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am trying to create my own sub folder within the Mai Tai presets area.
I can find the folder at C:\Program Files\PreSonus\Studio One 5\Presets\PreSonus\Mai Tai
However, if I create a new folder, it will not appear within Mai Tai.
Any thoughts on this? Can I create a new sub-folder within Mai Tai for storing presets?
by Trucky on Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:25 pm
That folder path is more reserved for Studio One system files and typically get removed during new Studio One updates.What works best for me is to create custom presets while in Studio One using the following steps.

1. Click here (see arrow) and select "Store Preset".
2. Give it a name and description.
3. Select an existing subfolder or type in a custom sub-folder name and press OK.

Once created, Studio One saves them to tha appropriate instrument folder:

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by peterbirch on Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:14 am
I don't think it is a good idea to put this stuff on the C drive.
Because it inflates that drive and you should be backing that drive up.
Where do you store your songs?
On my system I have many drives and have allocated drive J for PreSonus stuff.
There is a folder on that drive called J:\PreSonus
In that folder the songs, templates and presets are stored.. It is automatically updated..
Within J:\Presonus\Presets, Studio One will create a sub folder called PreSonus and within that, folders like Mai Tai or Fat Channel etc .
When you create your own folder as the previous post explains, this is where you can find them. You can even move them around or create new folders using explorer etc but remember to right click in the browser and refresh.

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by phildarg on Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:41 am
Typing in a sub-folder name worked - thanks!
by phildarg on Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:51 am
Also: right click on preset and "Show in Explorer" reveals the folder location.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1