87 postsPage 2 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Yes, Gregg, that approach is pretty common sense. Light discussion of potential new issues is part of discussing the release, just as much as requesting "atom firmware bug fixes and minor enhancements" ;) I fail to see what else this thread is for. "+1?" "Thanks?" "First?"

On the subject of 5.1.1 is anyone else on Mac noticing occasional GUI freezes that require Force Quit when a) adding inserts (even stock) or changing instrument patches while the song is playing in b) fairly complex songs with a variety of plugins? Haven't noticed a deeper pattern yet, but because the audio doesn't stop and those two actions always involve refreshing the Instrument/Insert viewer GUI I'm suspecting it could be a graphical problem.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by roland1 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:45 pm
Anyone else noticing anything weird about the new release? I haven't tried it yet as I'm mid-project and know better (should, but don't always) than to upgrade impulsively.

But there's some fixes in this new release that I need - re; automation points, etc.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by gregghart on Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:04 pm
New release has been great for me. No real issues.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by PreAl on Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:59 pm
gregghart wroteThanks PreAl, I didn't see that other thread. However, I still see nothing wrong with mentioning a problem and then mentioned it was fixed in this thread. Actual troubleshooting should be done in another thread, totally agree. There are so many threads created here that sometimes the problem threads get buried one or two pages below and they get missed. So putting it in the general thread, which is pinned, by the way, ensures more people will likely see it, and then hopefully will go find the actual thread to state they have similar issues, or a way to fix it. Maybe in the future., the person posting the question and "link" to the problem thread to help guide people there? It's an idea right? Why police everyone that may be having trouble? Instead, as a community, we can all help each other out. We're all friends here, right? My guess is that either the devs or a QA person DOES in fact look at the general thread pinned. After all, one creates it, it stands to reason they check it out as well. Read below for further proof of this theory.

I used to run a very large forum for a New York Best Selling author and we had similar rules (obviously, no real troubleshooting going on with an author forum, but we had general threads like this one as well as specific threads for questions / comments on certain books). Nothing wrong with a general thread that says, "Hey, Anyone seeing this? If anyone replies, then a new thread can be started in which troubleshooting can ensue. You even rightly pointed it out to start a new thread once someone confirmed they had a similar issue.

Just like I started a new thread when asking in the 5.1 forum about the score editing. As soon as I confirmed I wasn't alone, I started a thread. Nobody seemed to mind. A Mod didn't have to step in and say I was wrong. Even someone from Presonus (not sure if it was a QA guy or a dev) posted in my thread asking for information. What is really cool is someone from the QA team even reached out to me and had me test before they announced the fix, so that was very cool. I was a happy customer. I feel like that since asked the question in the general thread, more people saw the issue because even someone from Presonus was aware of the thread, actually posted in my thread and even reached out to me to give me a fix before the patch was released. I confirmed that it fixed it. it got resolved in the following patch, and I was able to continue on my staff editing way.

Please check my link. Posting links from here to actual reproducible issues already covered and is a good idea. Also already stated in my link, imagine if everybody posted a link to their thread here on this thread regardless of whether it was a validated issue or not..it would become an absolute mess to sort through, as is happening right now.

Unfortunately I'm hijacking this thread even more by responding again what has already been covered elsewhere as I've indicated, I've been trying to avoid it but sadly I've been cornered into responding, my fault I guess. So over and out if you dont mind.

Admins you can explain it,.I'm done.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by roland1 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:19 pm
So, am I to believe that my older projects will not explode/corrode and/or melt from this update? That is good news, indeed. Gonna update but I've got Rudy the Ghoul on retainer, just in case.

[ :D ]

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by garyanderson5 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:44 am
roland1 wroteAnyone else noticing anything weird about the new release? I haven't tried it yet as I'm mid-project and know better (should, but don't always) than to upgrade impulsively.

But there's some fixes in this new release that I need - re; automation points, etc.

It's been ok so far Roland. They fixed the automation points for editing multiple parts at the same time that some of us spotted. See how it goes over the next few weeks etc.

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by PreAl on Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:17 am
Latest update no issue for me so far, although my bathroom sink isn't working. I'll be posting a link later to a plumbing forums just in case it's a studio one issue, perhaps QA can help me fix it.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by peterbirch on Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:55 am
roland1 wrote Gonna update but I've got Rudy the Ghoul on retainer, just in case.

[ :D ]

Vinny calls his cousin Runny over for a meeting. Runny I tink we have a leak in the organisation. Oh no not another liquidation!

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by gregghart on Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:07 am
PreAl wroteLatest update no issue for me so far, although my bathroom sink isn't working. I'll be posting a link later to a plumbing forums just in case it's a studio one issue, perhaps QA can help me fix it.

For someone who says they were done hijacking a thread....there you go again...dude...just chill.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

by PreAl on Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:09 am
gregghart wrote
PreAl wroteLatest update no issue for me so far, although my bathroom sink isn't working. I'll be posting a link later to a plumbing forums just in case it's a studio one issue, perhaps QA can help me fix it.

For someone who says they were done hijacking a thread....there you go again...dude...just chill.

Yeah sorry, I should have followed everybody elses example ;).
Oh and nobody here said we couldn't provide feedback about Studio One on a Studio One thread did they (unless somebody misread something).

by hello people on Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:56 pm
Anyone have this issue: When you are playing a song in SO and hit somewhere back in the edit view to play the song from an earlier spot a lot of the time only one or two of the recorded tracks will play and all other tracks remain silent. If you let it keep playing eventually the other tracks will start playing. It doesn't do this all the time.

Haven't experienced this in any other version of SO.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II
by roland1 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:59 pm
hello people wroteAnyone have this issue: When you are playing a song in SO and hit somewhere back in the edit view to play the song from an earlier spot a lot of the time only one or two of the recorded tracks will play and all other tracks remain silent. If you let it keep playing eventually the other tracks will start playing. It doesn't do this all the time.

YES. I'm getting MAJOR DROPOUTS with audio track playback. My bass track seems especially affected: Rewind. Nothing. Hit play again, it works.

I was worried that I had a RAM problem. But I suspect it's something else, code based.

I think we got ourselves a BUG. I also believe it was there before I updated to 5.1.1. because I started getting it a few days ago...I think. I was too busy to stop and check into it, which I regret now because it would have been useful. But yeah, definitely something going on. Maybe began in 5.1.

I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett at the moment. Sometimes the driver kicks out. Hard to tell who's at fault these days.

by Bbd on Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:24 pm
If any of you can reproduce the issue, please contact Support to report it.
Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by jonwright on Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:32 am
PreAl wrote^ Next time please post in the cubase forums ;) (joking).

Seriously though - please create your own thread next time for troubleshooting.

It’s hardly worth creating a new thread for something I figured out in two posts.

The first place I go to when experiencing issues is the specific release thread, as it usually gives a good overview of general problems that are cropping up for users.

I should imagine a fair few users here also have Cubase installed and wouldn’t have had a clue it was causing issues in Studio One.

FWIW, I’ve contacted support and they’ve noted the issue.

----------

Studio One 5.1.1 - Mac OS X 10.15.7. iMac 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 - 32GB RAM.
https://www.jonathanwrightmusic.com
by gregghart on Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:30 pm
Bbd wroteIf any of you can reproduce the issue, please contact Support to report it.
Thanks.

It happens to me quite a bit too, but I simply cannot reproduce it on command. It's very intermittent and started happening with 5.1. Though to be fair, I didn't use 5.0 often as I was finishing a project and wanted to keep it in 4.6, so when 5.1 was released, I had only used 5.0 maybe 3 times...

by dougasherman on Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:49 pm
jonwright wrote
PreAl wroteSeriously though - please create your own thread next time for troubleshooting.

It’s hardly worth creating a new thread for something I figured out in two posts.

I kind of think it is -- creating a new thread with a descriptive title will make it easier for people who are having this issue to find a solution (if there is a solution).

Thanks for listening.

Studio One 6 Professional
Melodyne Editor 5.1.1
Mac Studio MacOS Ventura 13.6.5 64gb ram
Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
by Blades on Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:07 pm
PreAl wrote
Blades wroteGlad to see an aggressive update schedule (it seems). Bummer that this round didn't fix the issue with a controller getting set to a starting value in a MIDI track as reported and reproduced during this development cycle. Maybe next time!

Here is your issue reported Nov 1st, two weeks before release is just not enough time. When you says "reported" you have created a ticket and has this confirmed?

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=42279&p=248507#p248507

PreAl: Well, since Jemusic said:
It does it with the mod wheel as well. Except that it starts a little lower like 3. Also checked on 4.6.2 on my Windows machine and it is the same there. I have beta test reported.

I'm assuming it was reported by someone with more "clout" than I. So, no, I didn't submit it directly, but since it had already been reported there, I figured it might get addressed.

To be clear, I didn't say I EXPECTED it to be addressed in two weeks either. In fact, I said "bummer" and "maybe next time", unlike some others who say that Presonus sucks for similar things or whatever. Just was hopeful that since there was a quick bug-fix update that it might have made it in there, especially since it's apparently been hanging out there a while and it seems likely a fairly easitly address item, I was hopeful.

Drummer and Singer mostly with some limited Guitar/Bass/Keys and a love for tech.
My personal website, with some useful videos and other music related things: https://blades.technology

Using:
Self-built i7 8700k/16gb/all SSD, S1 4 Pro, +Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab, PreSonus Studio 18|24 USB, Faderport 8, Tranzport, Edirol PCR-800, Pearl Mimic Pro and Roland V-Drums kit & Console 1 with SSL4000e + British Class A..
by hello people on Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:18 am
roland1 wrote
hello people wroteAnyone have this issue: When you are playing a song in SO and hit somewhere back in the edit view to play the song from an earlier spot a lot of the time only one or two of the recorded tracks will play and all other tracks remain silent. If you let it keep playing eventually the other tracks will start playing. It doesn't do this all the time.

YES. I'm getting MAJOR DROPOUTS with audio track playback. My bass track seems especially affected: Rewind. Nothing. Hit play again, it works.

I was worried that I had a RAM problem. But I suspect it's something else, code based.

I think we got ourselves a BUG. I also believe it was there before I updated to 5.1.1. because I started getting it a few days ago...I think. I was too busy to stop and check into it, which I regret now because it would have been useful. But yeah, definitely something going on. Maybe began in 5.1.

I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett at the moment. Sometimes the driver kicks out. Hard to tell who's at fault these days.

Yep...savage on bass guitar. I record a bass track and go to listen back to it...bass won't play. I can solo the bass track and it'll play. But won't play in the mix. I recorded about 7 or 8 bass tracks and all was going ok...then after 7 or 8 takes the subsequent takes just refused to play in the mix. Never, ever had that from SO, going as far back as ver2.

2 days ago I recorded a million guitar track takes...no problem. Tonight recording bass...just won't play back in a mix after 7 or 8 takes that could play back in a mix. The take will solo...but refuses to play back in a mix/ with the other tracks. The waveform is drawn, the bass track is there...just won't play with the rest of the song.

Tried restarting SO. No go.

I've submitted a ticket for this. My computer is a beast and I've never seen this issue in SO before. An absolute killer...simply could not listen to bass takes just tracked in the context of the mix.

I'm using RME Fireface UFX II, Win10/64

EDIT: I will say that I might have found a clue: For the bass tracks not playing, to create the mono track I duplicated an existing bass track (common for me to do this for years). I recorded again...same issue...only this time I moved the recorded clip up to the original bass track and it played up there with the mix.

I then deleted the duplicate tracks I made (empty duplicates) and created a new mono track by right clicking in the track area and choosing to create a new mono track. I then dragged the clip I recorded before that wasn't playing with the mix and put it on the new track and it plays.

Maybe there's something fishy in what I did to create a new empty track by opting to 'duplicate' the original bass mono track. I just do it this way coz it's quicker than right click add mono track etc. Or maybe it's just my habit. But it's never been an issue before.

And still doesn't solve the other problem where if I'm playing a mix and then click in an earlier part of the timeline to play it from an earlier section...only SOME of the tracks play back...and SOME of them are mute/ not playing.

EDIT 2: It seems that when the track is not playing (as described) and I click on the "M" (mute) button on that track it suddenly starts playing...almost like the M button was activated but not illuminated. It remains dull...but it is like it is on. So when you click the dulled out M button...the track suddenly plays and all is ok again.

So, that's interesting.

EDIT 3: Support told me to do this: When that happens next time, try going to Options > Advanced > Audio and turning off Use cache for timestretched audio files to see if it stops.

...and this seems to have fixed things. Support said sometimes the cache can become corrupt and that clearing it repairs errors. You can clear the cache also from the Performance Monitor screen, the wrench icon has a dropdown menu and Clear Cache is one of the items, according to support.

Thanks support. Hope this helps others experiencing this issue. Frankly, I haven't seen this and I go back to v2.0 with SO.

Anyway, all is well that seems to have ended well.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II
by brettgoodkin on Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:35 am
roland1 wrote

Yes... same here... seems to have resolved with last update, though

https://soundcloud.com/brotherbrim/sets ... ernational

win 11 pro... S1 pro latest version... 64 bits... Rme latest drivers... All the ram and i9 3900k monster...
by PreAl on Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:41 am
Sometimes an uninstall of interface drivers/reboot, and then install them again (latest) does some good.

Make sure your antivirus is optimised.

If dropouts are still happening - then troubleshoot DPC via latencymon. There is generally a ton of things you can do to optimize your system for daws (check Google).

Don't expect things to work straight away. Don't expect updates to behave the same way as before...and please spare me the response "it was working before" - that does not make any difference to the troubleshooting process :)

87 postsPage 2 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5