Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello, I recently purchased the Quantum 26x32 to use w/ProTools, as I'm setting it up and adding the hardware inserts, I'm finding the I/O channels in PT don't match the actual channels on the quantum.

Example: I have an external Lexicon wired to the Quantum in stereo to inputs/outputs 5-6 - In every other DAW (including Studio One) it functions as it should, as an AUX bus, Pipeline insert, FX Channel etc. - BUT, in PT, the PT I/O Hardware inserts setup sees the Lexicon hooked up to 7-8, NOT 5-6, as it is in real life :)

Pilot error on my behalf maybe? Or is this a bug?

First post by the way - Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Cheers.
by UntilTheBones on Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:33 am
FYI for anyone else possibly experiencing the same issue with ProTools, I did hear back from Presonus via a support ticket.

From Technical Support:
"...there is an offset with the alignment. No pilot error on your behalf, the issue is indeed with Pro Tools only."

If you want to use external hardware inserts with Pro Tools, this interface won't work. PT sees the Quantum main outs as outputs 1+2 - Everything plugged to the inserts will always be off by one.

macOS Catalina 10.15.7
Quantum (Desktop Workstation)
Studio 26c (Mobile Workstation)
FaderPort 2
by UntilTheBones on Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:58 am
After months of using S1, I need to jump back into PT for new project. SO, back to needing my external hardware inserts in PT as well. The previous was Quantum's inputs/outputs not matching PT I/O due to an offset. PT sees the Quantum's Master outs as Outputs 1+2, making all the outs in I/o off by 1...

The FIX was simply to plug the external hardware (a Lexicon in my case) into the Quantum's output channels 1 below. As an example, where you would typically match ins/outs 5-6, Instead, the Quantum's stereo inputs would be assigned 5-6 and the outputs assigned/plugged into 3-4.

macOS Catalina 10.15.7
FaderPort 2
by williamwittman on Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:59 pm
Bringing this back to see if anything has changed or if this STILL doesn’t work in Pro Tools

I could have sworn I had it working for a while but now I can’t figure out how

Thanks
by UntilTheBones on Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:21 pm
Still need to use the work around as far I know - although I'm still on PT 2020.5.

Output is mismatched by 1 (example: Set Line-In to 5/6 - Set Line-out to 3/4) Uncheck Line Out 1-2 as well to make it inactive (so there's no overlap with the Master Out).

macOS Catalina 10.15.7
FaderPort 2
by gagsmedia on Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:18 am
I have done what you have said and I have signal going to the SPX 990 Hardware and returning to Input 7/8 on the Quantum.

But I can't hear anything and nothing is coming out of the Main outs when I select the insert.

Have I missed something?

I have made a video cheers

I'm new to pro tools so i maybe missing something obvious

phpBB [video]
by UntilTheBones on Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:59 am
HI,

You need to have your master outs checked (active) to get output from the Quantum main outs. It's the Line Out 1-2 on the output tab that is unchecked (inactive) since PT sees these as the same as the stereo main outs.

Make sure your gear is wired this way as well - example: inputs 3-4 will go with outputs 5-6 (or whatever other outs you decide to use) - Just not 1-2 (inactive).
Last edited by UntilTheBones on Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macOS Catalina 10.15.7
FaderPort 2
by UntilTheBones on Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:02 pm
HI,

You need to have your master outs checked (active) to get output from the Quantum main outs. It's the Line Out 1-2 on the output tab that is unchecked (inactive) since PT sees these as the same as the stereo main outs.

Make sure your gear is wired this way as well - example: inputs 3-4 will go with outputs 5-6 (or whatever other outs you decide to use) - Just not 1-2 (inactive).

Attachments
PT_OUTPUT_QUANTUM.jpg
PT_INPUT_QUANTUM.jpg

macOS Catalina 10.15.7
FaderPort 2
by gagsmedia on Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:15 pm
Done what you said thanks for the reply. Really appreciate it...Still no sound when I engage the Insert

by UntilTheBones on Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:59 pm
Hi, this looks correct to me. Maybe your cables aren't hooked up properly (Out to 7-8, in from 5-6...) and/or the levels need to be set on your spx? Obvious I know, but it happens...

Are you seeing any input signal up on your spx? Sorry if this is redundant - I'm assuming the insert is on an audio track.

macOS Catalina 10.15.7
FaderPort 2
by gagsmedia on Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:30 pm
UntilTheBones wroteHi, this looks correct to me. Maybe your cables aren't hooked up properly (Out to 7-8, in from 5-6...) and/or the levels need to be set on your spx? Obvious I know, but it happens...

Are you seeing any input signal up on your spx? Sorry if this is redundant - I'm assuming the insert is on an audio track.

Same Cables, same hardware...Pipeline XT works
Insert in Cubase 12 pro works

I'm getting to the point of asking someone to remote to my PC!

I'm seeing input signal on SPX

I even posted here and got this!

https://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2643317&postcount=9

11 posts
Page 1 of 1