4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've just purchased an Atom that I'm using with Studio One. On all manuals/tutorials I've seen, the unit goes into "keyboard mode" when something like Presence is selected in Studio One, where yellow pads indicate white keys and blue keys indicate black keys on a keyboard.

However, when I do this, I get a series of white and blue pads where blue indicates the octave, and white indicates all the notes in between. Also, annoyingly, sometimes a white pad will randomly turn blue during play, for no discernible reason.

Is there some option/mode I'm not aware of that changes the display of keyboard mode?

Studio One Professional 6 6.1.1.92984
Windows 11 Home 22H2
Desktop, 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K 3.60 GHz, 32.0 GB RAM
by bartbalint on Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:14 am
Garrie,
I don’t know the specific answer, but you may want to go through Universal Control and confirm that your Atom’s firmware is up to date. The firmware has updated a few times since I bought mine. Also what version of Studio One are you running?

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)
by Jemusic on Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:06 pm
ATOM firmware as far as I know is still at 3.4. Please download the manual again for ATOM. It is new now and was changed on Oct 20 this year.

Firstly is the Presonus logo at the very top of ATOM blue. With Studio One it is supposed to be blue. Not green. If its green you are not in Native mode for Studio One.

I think in V5 now they have changed how it looks in Keyboard mode. For me I am seeing all white pads now and pink pads only on the octaves. (Note: The colour of the octave notes is dependant on the track header colour of the Instrument track that ATOM is controlling. If yours are blue it means your track header is blue) I think you are now meant to know which notes to play.

Scales are part of Studio One V5. By holding down the Shift button (very bottom left) and rotating Knob 1 now you can change scales. There are a variety of scale options now available in ATOM. If you open the ATOM editor in Studio One it will show what the scale choices are plus the root note of the scale as well. On ATOM itself, SHIFT + Knob 2 changes the root note of the scale.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by edmisik on Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:41 am
I have mixed feelings about this. The scales are limited....Lydian Mode is highly regarded as one example and is not one of the options. Hopefully they will add more scales and modes. Also, with this new setup, if you have your VST controlling the scale you want in say Scaler 2 or Komplete Kontrol <in the old way> the good notes were all color coded and that was very useful....In this way, the Atom takes control over the scale pad colours...there are many many more scale options available in Scaler 2 and Komplerte Kontrol for example. we can obviously just use our keyboards instead, but i like to use mpe for some things and my keyboard doesnt do mpe..and i also use the Atom pad for basslines....and as a drumpad of course

It would be good to have a way to control which way you want to use the reg Atom pad...I dont suppose there is a way to revert back to the good old way? in S1 5

Also without having External Devices open, turning the knobs to control scales and root notes is of little value as the Atom has no screen to indicate where you are. Some things are best left as they were IMO

Jemusic wroteATOM firmware as far as I know is still at 3.4. Please download the manual again for ATOM. It is new now and was changed on Oct 20 this year.

Firstly is the Presonus logo at the very top of ATOM blue. With Studio One it is supposed to be blue. Not green. If its green you are not in Native mode for Studio One.

I think in V5 now they have changed how it looks in Keyboard mode. For me I am seeing all white pads now and pink pads only on the octaves. (Note: The colour of the octave notes is dependant on the track header colour of the Instrument track that ATOM is controlling. If yours are blue it means your track header is blue) I think you are now meant to know which notes to play.

Scales are part of Studio One V5. By holding down the Shift button (very bottom left) and rotating Knob 1 now you can change scales. There are a variety of scale options now available in ATOM. If you open the ATOM editor in Studio One it will show what the scale choices are plus the root note of the scale as well. On ATOM itself, SHIFT + Knob 2 changes the root note of the scale.

GoTo for music:
-HP Z420 Workstation 32GB Xeon 3.70 Ghz Win10Pro Studio One 6
-Audient EVO4, Komplete Kontrol s61 MKI, Launchpad x, Multiple shared hard drives.
Other stuff:
Orba1, Donner DMK25Pro, Thinkpad x240 Win10. Thinkpad Chromebook, Pixel4xl
Studio One Remote does not work in Chromebook

4 posts
Page 1 of 1