9 posts
Page 1 of 1
I purchased unopened Studio One 2 package with 4 dvd:s inside. There are no activation codes anywhere, only the dvds a Quickstart-guide and key-commands sheet. And obviously I don't have dvd-drive on my computer. Are the printed codes missing or is the dvd-installation the only way to get this thing running? My plan is to purchase the upgrade to 5 professional once I get this ver2 registered.
by SwitchBack on Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:03 am
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

Does the package or the discs have a serial number? Normally you would start by creating a user account on the support page on the PreSonus website. Then you get the option to register hard- and software, by entering the product's serial number.

Once that goes through you should also get access to download pages for your software. Note that the 'first registration' check may take a while, also because the disc set is pretty legacy and may have been part of a package deal with e.g. a mixer. If it takes too long then contact customer support directly.
by Tacman7 on Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:30 am
If it was previously owned then they would need to transfer their license to you.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... -Transfer-

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by tatuprssinen on Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:30 am
Thanks, this was a sealed package bought new (new old stock) from retailer. It really seems there are no printed activation codes anywhere in the package. So I suppose I just need to get an external dvd-drive and just try install it. I would upgrade it to studio one 5 once I get this registered, fingers crossed.
by tatuprssinen on Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:58 pm
oh well, just got automated answer from support to my ticket: "With the release of Studio One 4 & 5, Studio One version 2 is no longer a supported product."

So I'm wondering if I will be able to register this version 2 professional even if I got my hands on an external dvd-drive to run the installation disks?
by Tacman7 on Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:43 pm
It came in a box? Seems like there should be a card or the box has some bar code or something. Numbers on the DVD?

Try to install it and see how it does. If they told you they were selling you a license they should be able to help you.

Usually installation disks are just that and license is a separate thing.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by shanabit on Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:49 pm
You should have a LICENSE CODE from the retailer or you cant register your S2

Support gave you a lame response as you are wanting to register this THEN do an upgrade purchase.

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by sirmonkey on Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:54 pm
Heck, you might just like Studio One 5 Prime (the free version). A lot of new features have been rolled out since version 2.
*I hope you didn't pay too much for version 2.
Just for reference, here's a list of features that version 5 has: http://www.presonus.com/products/Studio ... e-versions

If you look at the list, are there any features that the Prime version lacks that are important to you?

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by tatuprssinen on Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:56 am
Thanks again for your responses. I might just try to return these if possible. Bought two packages for 50 euros. I was planning to give the other one for a bandmate but it seems impossible to get these registered now. My goal was as stated to purchase upgrade to version 5 professional once registered. Yeah these are from 2011! But nevertheless new unused packages from retailer. So it really seems that back in the day the code was not included inside the dvd-package. Go figure.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1