27 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
The Midi IN to the Digitech should be available as an output option on an instrument track if it is installed correctly. (midi I am talking here) Create another Instrument track. Set its input to your KX8 and its output direct to the Digitech. Input monitor. What you play on your KX8 should be routed directly (Midi wise that is) to the Midi IN of the Digitech.

Yes you could prerecord your chord playing but then that track's out would need to be sent to the Digitech Midi IN. And not point to the virtual instrument that it normally goes to. If the Digitech has got its own instrument track, record the chords on that too as well as the other instrument tracks and then it has its own thing.

If there is any sort of indicator on the Digitech to show that midi data is being received. eg some sort of light etc check that it is responding.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by ryevick on Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:55 pm
Jemusic wroteThe Midi IN to the Digitech should be available as an output option on an instrument track if it is installed correctly.

Create another Instrument track. Set its input to your KX8 and its output direct to the Digitech. Input monitor. What you play on your KX8 should be routed directly (Midi wise that is) to the Midi IN of the Digitech.

If there is any sort of indicator on the Digitech to show that midi data is being received. eg some sort of light etc check that it is responding.

Yeah... you lost me... Where am I suppose to find the instrument track output to the input listed? Are you talking about creating something within Kontakt where the instrument is? The only MIDI monitor I'm aware of is sitting on the S1 transport bar. Please explain or link to something that can help. A video would be great if you know of one :D

Here's how Digitech is setup

2020-10-07_21-44-30.jpg

2020-10-07_21-42-46.jpg

2020-10-07_21-43-27.jpg

2020-10-07_21-43-50.jpg

_

S1 4.6 Pro / Win 10 Pro 64 / ASUS Z97-A / Intel i5-4670K 3.4 GHz / G.SKILL 32GB DDR3 / ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / Syba Firewire PCI-e / Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, OctoPre MkII Dynamic, ISA One Analog, ISA One Digital / Presonus TubePre & FaderPort / JBL LSR305 & Roland MA-15D Monitors, JBL 2310SP Subwoofer / Mackie Big Knob / ART HeadAmp6Pro / Behringer Ha400 / Various Headphones / AOC 29" 21:9 Ultrawide / CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD

Mobile: Acer Aspire E15 E5-575G / i5-6200U 2.30 GHz / 32GB DDR4 / Win 10 64 / Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen / KAT Multipad / Nektar Panorama P6
by Jemusic on Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:44 pm
This has got nothing to do with Kontakt

1 Create another new Midi Instrument track in Studio One.
2 Set its input as the KX8
3 Route the Instrument track output to the Digitech Vocalist Pro. (This is actually in your external devices as an Instrument. Its in the shot. Vocalist Live Pro should be in the output options of the Instrument track. Treat it like an external synth or instrument.)
4 Input monitor this new Instrument track via the little blue button on the track header. As if you are wanting to hear what your controller is playing except now your controller is being sent to the Digitech. This will pass incoming midi straight out to the Digitech Midi IN via USB.

I cannot explain it any better. If you cannot get this then I am afraid there is not much more I can do.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by ryevick on Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:27 pm
Got it

S1 4.6 Pro / Win 10 Pro 64 / ASUS Z97-A / Intel i5-4670K 3.4 GHz / G.SKILL 32GB DDR3 / ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / Syba Firewire PCI-e / Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, OctoPre MkII Dynamic, ISA One Analog, ISA One Digital / Presonus TubePre & FaderPort / JBL LSR305 & Roland MA-15D Monitors, JBL 2310SP Subwoofer / Mackie Big Knob / ART HeadAmp6Pro / Behringer Ha400 / Various Headphones / AOC 29" 21:9 Ultrawide / CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD

Mobile: Acer Aspire E15 E5-575G / i5-6200U 2.30 GHz / 32GB DDR4 / Win 10 64 / Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen / KAT Multipad / Nektar Panorama P6
by Jemusic on Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:27 am
Great! :D I know you have got a few tracks going already for this but think of this track as just being the controller relay to Digitech track. You can record it as well. You are just using the USB port instead of the 5 pin Midi connection that is all.

I know you can output the midi from Kontakt but as I only have the player I cannot do it. And it has to go to another instrument track anyway I think.

I am assuming the Digitech will pick up the USB midi signal. If not it may only be a matter of letting it know that the midi is coming in via USB. Some devices mix the 5 pin midi signal and the USB signal, others need to switch between the two.

by ryevick on Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:52 pm
Jemusic wroteGreat! :D I know you have got a few tracks going already for this but think of this track as just being the controller relay to Digitech track. You can record it as well. You are just using the USB port instead of the 5 pin Midi connection that is all.

I know you can output the midi from Kontakt but as I only have the player I cannot do it. And it has to go to another instrument track anyway I think.

I am assuming the Digitech will pick up the USB midi signal. If not it may only be a matter of letting it know that the midi is coming in via USB. Some devices mix the 5 pin midi signal and the USB signal, others need to switch between the two.

Well I've been bogged down with drum issues but I just opened this up and realized I am not getting the harmonies on 4 separate tracks.I accidentally had all of the harmonies running off of the same input... duh...

I still have what I was doing but I started a new session from scratch.

I don't understand why I am not getting either output from the Digitech or input into the Pro 40 however you want to look at it, for harmony tracks 2, 3 & 4. Harmony is being created but all onto 1 track. The outputs are routed to V1+V2 V3+V4 just as it shows in the Digitech manual.

I'll list my connections below but first I wanted to ask if the instrument you asked me to create with my KX8 as input and Digitech as output, is that going to be the chord track info that the Digtech uses to determine harmonies or do I need the main piano track, that instrument track I just mentioned AND another piano track?

Currently there are 8 tracks:
1) Instrument - Piano - Addictive Keys - Input KX8 - Output Ch 1
2) Instrument - Chord Track - Addictive Keys - Input KX8 - Output Ch 2
3) Instrument - Digitech - Input KX8 - Output Digitech Ch 3
4) Audio - Dry Vocal - Out Digitech Mic Pass Thru into Pro40 Ch 1
5) Audio - Harm Voc 1 - Out Digitech Main Out Left into Pro40 Ch 2
6) Audio - Harm Voc 2 - Out Digitech Main Out Right into Pro40 Ch 3
7) Audio - Harm Voc 3 - Out Digitech Aux Out Left into Pro40 Ch 4
8) Audio - Harm Voc 4 - Out Digitech Aux Out Right into Pro40 Ch 5

I'm getting nothing from tracks 6-8

I'll repost some recaptured pics from today and 1 pic that shows a huge list of knob settings for that Digitech instrument.

2020-10-10_19-22-10.jpg

2020-10-10_19-20-35.jpg

2020-10-10_19-24-11.jpg

2020-10-10_19-24-32.jpg

by Jemusic on Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:27 pm
That is all looking good so far. I think you only need two Instrument tracks. Not sure why you have 2 x Addictive Kays tracks. The piano is only for you to hear and sing to. The second Instrument track is for the Digitech to get the same chord information as the Addictive keys track. You can record on both of these if you want.

Looking at those external Devices setups, the keyboard may not be be necessary as it is only really designed to receive midi data from the Digitech and in most cases you wont need to do that. (Note: There is no Midi OUT really from the Digitech. It is only a Midi THRU which passes the Midi IN signal straight through. Its there so you can connect a synth etc live to the controller which would normally be going direct to the Digitech first)

The External Devices Instrument is set up correctly to receive midi data.

Also that Digitech track can be on Midi channel 1 as also the Addictive keys track on channel 1 also. They do not have to be different midi channels because they are totally separate tracks and each track is only feeding one thing.

Because you are sending Midi channel 3 to the Digitech from your Instrument track , the Digitech may be ignoring all midi data because it might be expecting channel 1 instead. Set the Instrument track to the Digitech to Midi channel 1. I bet the Digitech defaults to channel 1. This could be one reason why the Digitech is not responding. (Unless you have told the Digtech to receive on Midi channel 3)

Also check that there is no button or switch to turn all the harmonies OFF. Which I imagine would be needed in a live situation.

Open up the Inputs section of the Console and check to see if audio is coming in on those harmony inputs. Maybe the audio tracks needed to be input monitored and armed.

Check your output settings in Digitech. Have you got Physical cables connected between the XLR's and the AUX Outs to the Pro 40. The Digitech only sends and receives Midi data over USB, not audio. Sounds like you do have these patched though.

27 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2