27 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I have a Digitech Vocalist Live Pro that I want to use to record mock up vocal parts for songs, then replace the Digitech VLP track with real vocals. I love the huge variety of harmonies it has that you can just scroll through. I am unsure how to do this as far as properly connecting everything. I have a keyboard midi controller that will be used inside S1 for pianos/keys, I can run my mic cable into the Digitech or should I use the SPDIF and have the Digitech inside S1 as an instrument? I have no idea where to connect anything. I'm connecting my keyboard to S1 via USB through my PC, should I also use the MIDI OUT of the keyboard to my Pro 40 interface or run that into the Digitech? There are so many options I'm completely confused. I read the manual but it didn't seem to help.

HELP!

Digitech - Vocalist Live Pro.jpg

Focusrite Saffire Pro 40.jpg
Last edited by ryevick on Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S1 4.6 Pro / Win 10 Pro 64 / ASUS Z97-A / Intel i5-4670K 3.4 GHz / G.SKILL 32GB DDR3 / ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / Syba Firewire PCI-e / Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, OctoPre MkII Dynamic, ISA One Analog, ISA One Digital / Presonus TubePre & FaderPort / JBL LSR305 & Roland MA-15D Monitors, JBL 2310SP Subwoofer / Mackie Big Knob / ART HeadAmp6Pro / Behringer Ha400 / Various Headphones / AOC 29" 21:9 Ultrawide / CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD

Mobile: Acer Aspire E15 E5-575G / i5-6200U 2.30 GHz / 32GB DDR4 / Win 10 64 / Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen / KAT Multipad / Nektar Panorama P6
by Tacman7 on Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:39 pm
I have a VoiceLive 2 that I dig out and play with once in a while.

What do you want to guide your harmonies?

I would make a midi track with whole note chords and send it to the unit.

Do you need to have a dry recording of your vocal? That's a consideration.

You have digital out so I would set that up as your link from the unit to the interface to have less latency.

Plug mic into and send it chord controls and it should go.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by ryevick on Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:22 pm
Tacman7 wroteWhat do you want to guide your harmonies?

I want to use it while playing piano or guitar depending on the song, recording a track for the instrument and another harmony vocal track. I'm not sure but I would guess it only records one track for the harmonies. It would be awesome if it would/could record separate tracks for each harmony vocal as well as a dry vocal track.

Tacman7 wroteI would make a midi track with whole note chords and send it to the unit.

I've thought about that but regardless of how I approach it, I still don't know the best way to connect it that will give me the most flexibility/options.

Tacman7 wroteDo you need to have a dry recording of your vocal? That's a consideration..

I could run a second mic for a direct/dry vocal so that wouldn't be a problem.

Tacman7 wroteYou have digital out so I would set that up as your link from the unit to the interface to have less latency.

I haven't tried anything yet but I currently have the Digitech and my Pro 40 connected using the SPDIF and my MIDI controller keyboard is connected via USB, as usual, through my PC and recognized in S1. I also ran a MIDI OUT cable to the MIDI IN of the Digitech. Unsure if that's the right way and still unsure about where to run my mic.

Should the Digtech be installed as an external instrument, device??? If not it would be basically like a stomp box and I would think it could do more than that.

Tacman7 wrotePlug mic into and send it chord controls and it should go.

What? Maybe it's late but please explain.

S1 4.6 Pro / Win 10 Pro 64 / ASUS Z97-A / Intel i5-4670K 3.4 GHz / G.SKILL 32GB DDR3 / ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / Syba Firewire PCI-e / Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, OctoPre MkII Dynamic, ISA One Analog, ISA One Digital / Presonus TubePre & FaderPort / JBL LSR305 & Roland MA-15D Monitors, JBL 2310SP Subwoofer / Mackie Big Knob / ART HeadAmp6Pro / Behringer Ha400 / Various Headphones / AOC 29" 21:9 Ultrawide / CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD

Mobile: Acer Aspire E15 E5-575G / i5-6200U 2.30 GHz / 32GB DDR4 / Win 10 64 / Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen / KAT Multipad / Nektar Panorama P6
by Tacman7 on Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:06 pm
I would plug your mic into the unit, then a mic cable from the mic pass through to your interface to make a dry recording. That's if you want it, you could send the dry recording back to the unit to be reprocessed if need be.

However you send it chords, it needs guidance so through the midi cable or plug a guitar into it or send it an audio track to guide it. (interface out to midi in on the unit to send it midi)

It wouldn't be installed, it's just external gear. I'd rename the S/Pdif input Vocalist maybe in S1.

It would just be a source for a track and you'd hear it in S1 when that track has its monitor button on.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Jemusic on Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:21 pm
There is two types of signal flow here. Midi and Audio.

Looks like you may have to install three things perhaps.

1 Your USB keyboard
2 The Digitech Vocalist Live Pro effects device
3 The Focusrite audio interface.

All three as External devices for the Midi communication. The USB keyboard at least as a Keyboard to be installed - RECEIVE FROM set to the device, SEND TO set to None (because its only sending into Studio One)

The Digitech needs at firstly be installed in External devices as an Instrument (SEND TO set to device, RECEIVE FROM set to None) because it will need to receive midi data. If for any reason you want to use the MIDI out from the Digitech though, it also needs the second external device as an Keyboard. (RECEIVE FROM set to device, SEND TO to None)

Any drivers (if any) will only bring the Digitech on line as a midi device. Not audio. (I have checked with manual)

The Focusrite I would install as an audio interface and also as both Keyboard and Instrument in External devices. That way both its midi and audio connections can be used in both directions. You may have this done already? Apparently Saffire Pro 40 only works with Win 10 up to OS release 1809. Not beyond.

The midi data from the USB keyboard can be directed to the Digitech via its drivers etc..So the Midi IN of the Digitech does not have to be used necessarily.

I would always record the raw midi data from your keyboard to a Studio One Instrument track even while triggering the Digitech. That way it can be fed later back to the Digitech if you need to do that.

Mic can go direct to the Digitech. There are three audio outs though. One is the un-effected Mic Pass signal plus the two main outs. These might be in stereo for multiple harmonies (and effects) so don't rule out recording the Digitech outs onto a stereo track.

You will need to patch three audio outs from the Digitech to the Focusrite Interface then to be able to record 3 things at once. The Mic pass signal will more than likely be at Mic level so a balanced XLR - XLR lead should work here. The AUX Outs from the Digitech are in parallel with the Main OUTS so a stereo TRS to TRS lead would get the audio from the Digitech into the Focusrite on two inputs.

The Focusrite needs all its mono and stereo INS at least to be setup. Stereo OUTS usually only for OUTPUTS.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by ryevick on Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:18 pm
Jemusic wroteThere is two types of signal flow here. Midi and Audio.

Looks like you may have to install three things perhaps.

1 Your USB keyboard
2 The Digitech Vocalist Live Pro effects device
3 The Focusrite audio interface.

All three as External devices for the Midi communication. The USB keyboard at least as a Keyboard to be installed - RECEIVE FROM set to the device, SEND TO set to None (because its only sending into Studio One)

The Digitech needs at firstly be installed in External devices as an Instrument (SEND TO set to device, RECEIVE FROM set to None) because it will need to receive midi data. If for any reason you want to use the MIDI out from the Digitech though, it also needs the second external device as an Keyboard. (RECEIVE FROM set to device, SEND TO to None)

Any drivers (if any) will only bring the Digitech on line as a midi device. Not audio. (I have checked with manual)

The Focusrite I would install as an audio interface and also as both Keyboard and Instrument in External devices. That way both its midi and audio connections can be used in both directions. You may have this done already? Apparently Saffire Pro 40 only works with Win 10 up to OS release 1809. Not beyond.

The midi data from the USB keyboard can be directed to the Digitech via its drivers etc..So the Midi IN of the Digitech does not have to be used necessarily.

I would always record the raw midi data from your keyboard to a Studio One Instrument track even while triggering the Digitech. That way it can be fed later back to the Digitech if you need to do that.

Mic can go direct to the Digitech. There are three audio outs though. One is the un-effected Mic Pass signal plus the two main outs. These might be in stereo for multiple harmonies (and effects) so don't rule out recording the Digitech outs onto a stereo track.

You will need to patch three audio outs from the Digitech to the Focusrite Interface then to be able to record 3 things at once. The Mic pass signal will more than likely be at Mic level so a balanced XLR - XLR lead should work here. The AUX Outs from the Digitech are in parallel with the Main OUTS so a stereo TRS to TRS lead would get the audio from the Digitech into the Focusrite on two inputs.

The Focusrite needs all its mono and stereo INS at least to be setup. Stereo OUTS usually only for OUTPUTS.

OK, I'll try to explain where I'm at. This will be the 1st of probably 2 or 3 replies/questions and they may seem like random info I'm giving you, because I'm a bit confused.

I might should have been more specific with how my interface is currently setup. I am running Windows 10 2004 and haven't seen any issues with my Pro 40 and hopefully it will stay that way.

I already have my Pro 40 set as my default audio interface in Windows 10 & S1. I also have a Focusrite OctoPre Mk2 Dynamic setup via ADAT with my Pro 40 giving me 8 more channels (mainly for drums).

I have a drum room with a snake running mics taking up all of my XLR inputs on the Pro 40 and Octopre leaving the only open XLR inputs being 1 & 2 on the front of the Pro 40. I have SPDIF & MIDI ports open on the Pro 40. So how would you connect using these inputs?

I tried to add the Pro 40 as an External Device, Instrument and Keyboard on the Pro 40 but received the errors pictured below. I'm not 100% on MIDI channels that I should be receiving from on that. Digitech is set up on channel 1 but does it need more? How many does the Pro 40 need? I can remove the V-Drums if needed. I've found it easier to just record those in another drum room on my laptop and transfer files between my laptop and audiodesk via Wi-Fi network.

2020-10-05_14-45-36.jpg

2020-10-05_14-46-18.jpg

2020-10-05_14-47-46.jpg

2020-10-05_14-50-39.jpg

2020-10-05_14-51-52.jpg

Focusrite OctoPre MkII Dynamic.jpg

Focusrite ISA One - User Guide.pdf
(4.39 MiB) Downloaded 44 times

Focusrite OctoPre MkII Dynamic - User Guide.pdf
(5.12 MiB) Downloaded 44 times

Digitech - Vocalist Live Pro Manual.pdf
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 763 times

_

by Jemusic on Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:49 pm
I thought your Saffire Pro 40 would be installed and on line. And if it is working beyond that version of Win 10 then great. It probably will continue to do so for sure. Keep an eye on that though because I did read somewhere that at some point it may stop working. (Welcome to the world of audio interfaces not working due to OS changes. A friend of mine has just lost a beautiful Yamaha/Steinberg interface now because he is on Catalina and there is no more support for that interface)

I am sorry if I hit you with too much info as well. The only reason you need the Digitech on line midi wise is so the chords you are playing from your controller keyboard can tell the Digitech what harmonies to generate.

Does your controller keyboard have a 5 pin midi OUT as well as the USB connection. If so you could just patch that direct to the 5 pin MIDI IN on the Digitech. But that will only work in a live playing mode. If you record your midi chords you may want to play that track back into the Digitech, and then it does need to be installed midi wise.

The Digitech would only need one midi channel I would say to do its thing.

I will check into your conflicts. The midi on the Pro 40 and the midi on the Digitech should be able to be installed separately and not conflict.

Both the Pro40 and the Digitech should only have one Instrument each (Receiving mode - RECEIVE FROM is set to none and SEND TO set to to device) and One Keyboard each (Sending mode RECEIVE FROM set to device and SEND TO set to none) Looks like you there are two controllers for the Digitech in your shots.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by ryevick on Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:11 pm
Jemusic wroteI thought your Saffire Pro 40 would be installed and on line. And if it is working beyond that version of Win 10 then great. It probably will continue to do so for sure. Keep an eye on that though because I did read somewhere that at some point it may stop working. (Welcome to the world of audio interfaces not working due to OS changes. A friend of mine has just lost a beautiful Yamaha/Steinberg interface now because he is on Catalina and there is no more support for that interface)

Yeah, this was the first I heard about that. Not too happy about it but I won't hesitate to install Windows 7 again. Then you have to deal with software/vst including S1 compatibility. Drives me crazy.

Jemusic wroteI am sorry if I hit you with too much info as well. The only reason you need the Digitech on line midi wise is so the chords you are playing from your controller keyboard can tell the Digitech what harmonies to generate.

Does your controller keyboard have a 5 pin midi OUT as well as the USB connection. If so you could just patch that direct to the 5 pin MIDI IN on the Digitech. But that will only work in a live playing mode. If you record your midi chords you may want to play that track back into the Digitech, and then it does need to be installed midi wise.

Not too much, I'm just still learning all this stuff. I do have MIDI IN/OUT on keyboard as well as the USB connection I've been using (Yamaha KX8).

If I continue to run the keyboard USB as I have been to play pianos/keys in S1, connect the keyboard MIDI OUT into Digitech MIDI IN, you're saying that will only record both vocal and piano together if I do it live? I would like the option to do separate vocal & piano tracks live, just experimenting with improv or comp a piano track if I need to for mock-up. Basically be a flexible as possible without limitations.

How are you saying to run the chord track back into the Digitech exactly, using SPDIF? The Pro 40 has SPDIF IN & OUT. If I'm using SPDIF wouldn't it work live? I'm just trying to understand why I would be limited to a live track and if you mean live vocal and piano or just piano?

by ryevick on Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:21 pm
I'm getting the errors below. Showing how it is setup as well. This is with the keyboard installed via USB to PC and MIDI OUT to MIDI IN of Digitech.

2020-10-05_20-15-57.jpg

2020-10-05_20-16-59.jpg

2020-10-05_20-16-26.jpg

by ryevick on Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:03 pm
Well I ran a MIDI OUT from the Digitech to the Pro 40 and that fixed the error. The SPDIF is still connected as well.

by ryevick on Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:31 pm
Jemusic wroteThe only reason you need the Digitech on line midi wise is so the chords you are playing from your controller keyboard can tell the Digitech what harmonies to generate.

I will check into your conflicts. The midi on the Pro 40 and the midi on the Digitech should be able to be installed separately and not conflict.

The conflict was in my V-Drums which I removed, no longer use this interface for that. So I now have an instrument and keyboard setup for both the Pro 40 and the Digitech and I no longer have errors when starting S1.

Getting the piano in S1 is simple. I mostly use Alicias Keys in Kontakt but if I need to use something else just to get it into and out of the Digitech that's fine, I have plenty of different pianos including Addictive Keys and I'm sure there's a piano in S1 as well.

The connections have changed again. I'm no longer running a MIDI cable from the keyboard just the USB and I'm running MIDI both IN & Out between the Pro 40 and Digitech. The SPDIF cable is connected as well to the Pro 40 SPDIF IN.

I'm still unsure how to get the piano into the Digitech and get the tracks I need recorded in S1 though, a piano chord track, a wet vocal and a dry vocal track. The mic is plugged into the front of the Digitech.

by Jemusic on Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:48 pm
I think the way it works is that the Digitech only needs the midi controller data in order for it to generate the harmonies and then apply them to the signal coming in from the Mic input on the Digitech. You are not actually feeding a piano sound into the Digitech at all. (unless you want to send single piano lines into the Digitech and get harmonised piano parts out. Which you can do. But I am assuming its your vocals you want harmonies applied to)

So your controller would send midi via USB into an Instrument track with some sort of piano sound on it. That Instrument track would have its input set from the controller and its output pointing to the virtual instrument.

Maybe a second Instrument track needs to be setup also with its input set to the same controller but its output now is routed to the Digitech so it gets the same midi data as the piano virtual instrument.

Going SPDIF from the output of the Digitech is also a good way to go as well into the Focusrite. Nice way to the stereo output from Digitech digitally. So a stereo audio track is setup to record the output from the Digitech.

The Mic Pass out from the Digitech could also be connected to a mono input of the Focusrite and then a second mono audio track setup to record the un-effected Mic signal.

4 tracks all up.

1 Instrument track to trigger the piano sound.
2 2nd Instrument track to be able to route the incoming midi to the Digitech
3 Stereo audio track to record stereo output from Digitech. (harmonies)
4 Mono audio track to record un effected Mic signal.

What you are wanting to do is tricky and slightly complex.

by ryevick on Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:50 am
Jemusic wroteWhat you are wanting to do is tricky and slightly complex.

No doubt :D

I haven't had time to try what you just suggested but I will ASAP. I wanted to link these 4 images from the manual yesterday but forgot to. Give them a look and see what you think. They are from page 9-12 in the manual showing common configurations.

I was just thinking in the 2 that show FOH Mixers and you replaced the FOH with an audio interface these may be 4 DAW configurations to ponder but I think your pondering would yield great results than my pondering :D One even outputs the 4 vocal harmonies to separate tracks.

2020-10-06_11-29-47.jpg

2020-10-06_11-30-48.jpg

2020-10-06_11-39-13.jpg

2020-10-06_11-39-40.jpg

_

by Jemusic on Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:48 pm
I have seen all those configurations but none of them apply exactly to your situation. Or parts of some of them might but I think everyone's individual signal flow will be different and very individual as will yours be too.

I am looking pretty closely to the Diditech manual as well in order to help.

by ryevick on Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:38 pm
Jemusic wroteI have seen all those configurations but none of them apply exactly to your situation. Or parts of some of them might but I think everyone's individual signal flow will be different and very individual as will yours be too.

I am looking pretty closely to the Diditech manual as well in order to help.

I didn't mean to imply anything negative. I hope you know how much I appreciate your help! I'm sure we will get it but only because you are helping.

by ryevick on Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:08 pm
Just FYI I now have the mic into the front of the Digitech and back out of the mic pass thru of Digitech into into channel 1 on front of Pro 40. I did this after looking at the common configuration 4. Keyboard and Mic with Individual Voice Outputs.I still have the keyboard connected only via USB to my PC. No MIDI ports being used on back of Pro 40 or Digitech. SPDIF connected into Pro 40 from Digitech.

It would be nice if I could all 4 harmony vocals and a dry vocal routed to S1 tracks instead of out the back ports as pictured on page 10... and the piano track running into Digitech via a MIDI track in S1 and then to piano VSTi. Just thinking. I'll post updates as I go.

Update: I started a new S1 song as follows:
Track 1 - Audio - Dry Vocal - input Pro 40 channel 1
Track 2 - Instrument - Kontakt Piano (Alicia Keys) - input Yamaha KX8
Track 3 - Audio - Harmony Vocal 1 - input Pro 40 SPDIF L
Track 4 - Audio - Harmony Vocal 2 - input Pro 40 SPDIF L
Track 5 - Audio - Harmony Vocal 3 - input Pro 40 SPDIF R
Track 6 - Audio - Harmony Vocal 4 - input Pro 40 SPDIF R

Maybe if I could dual route the Kontakt output onto Track 2 and into the Digitech somehow allowing it to create tracks 3-6 via its' SPDIF output as well as the dry mic thru vocal on track 1?

I don't know, just thinking.

by Jemusic on Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:13 pm
You don't have to get any piano audio into the Digitech. I don't think you are understanding me.

The Digitech needs to get the midi chord data you are playing from your controller. Thats the only way it knows what harmonies to generate as you play the piano chord parts I mean. (Note if you don't do this, then the Digitech will generate fixed harmonies that wont factor in your chord progression. I am assuming you do want the chord progression to alter the harmonies)

I think you need a second midi or Instrument track set for the controller input and input monitor this and send its output to the Digitech Midi IN port.

Or I see the KX8 has a midi port as well as USB. You could connect a midi cable direct from the MIDI OUT on the KX8 to the Midi IN on the Digitech. But I would be inclined to send the KX8 midi data to the Digitech via Studio One instead.

The reason this is cool is because you could record on both Instrument tracks your controller chord playing. But then you could actually edit the Digitech track and shift the harmonies if you felt like it later on. You will need to route the Mic Pass track in Studio One (via one of the Focusrite spare outputs) though to the Line input of the Digitech to do this.

If you want all 4 harmonies on 4 separate audio tracks you can do it using both sets of analog Outputs on the Digitech. The two XLR's and can have a harmony each side and the other TRS outs can have the other two harmonies each side. It means 4 audio leads though from the Digitech to the Focusrite. You have to set this all up in your Digitech OUTPUT settings page. This would be nice actually because you could process them and pan them all individually to great effect.

by ryevick on Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:58 pm
Jemusic wroteYou don't have to get any piano audio into the Digitech. I don't think you are understanding me.

The Digitech needs to get the midi chord data you are playing from your controller. Thats the only way it knows what harmonies to generate as you play the piano chord parts I mean. (Note if you don't do this, then the Digitech will generate fixed harmonies that wont factor in your chord progression. I am assuming you do want the chord progression to alter the harmonies)

I think you need a second midi or Instrument track set for the controller input and input monitor this and send its output to the Digitech Midi IN port.

Or I see the KX8 has a midi port as well as USB. You could connect a midi cable direct from the MIDI OUT on the KX8 to the Midi IN on the Digitech. But I would be inclined to send the KX8 midi data to the Digitech via Studio One instead.

The reason this is cool is because you could record on both Instrument tracks your controller chord playing. But then you could actually edit the Digitech track and shift the harmonies if you felt like it later on. You will need to route the Mic Pass track in Studio One (via one of the Focusrite spare outputs) though to the Line input of the Digitech to do this.

If you want all 4 harmonies on 4 separate audio tracks you can do it using both sets of analog Outputs on the Digitech. The two XLR's and can have a harmony each side and the other TRS outs can have the other two harmonies each side. It means 4 audio leads though from the Digitech to the Focusrite. You have to set this all up in your Digitech OUTPUT settings page. This would be nice actually because you could process them and pan them all individually to great effect.

I understand about the Digitech needing MIDI data not sound, maybe I misspoke but I get that. I just shut down for the day but I had the same idea about two piano tracks. I just created 2 instances on Kontakt. I need to brush up on Kontakt routing options though.

I'll for sure check out what you just said but is it not possible to use the SPDIF out of the Digitech into the Pro 40 as the source for where the harmonies are coming from? I don't fully understand SPDIF but I was thinking it could handle data for 8 channels of MIDI or digital audio.

It seems like instead of using the line outs and everything else, I should be able to just send the MIDI from the KX8 using USB like normal and send one of the instances of Kontakt out (MIDI chord data) the Pro 40 MIDI Out jack into the MIDI In of the Digitech, then have the dry vocal from the Mic thru into Pro 40 channel 1 and the 4 harmonies going to 4 separate tracks or however many tracks using the Digitech SPDIF Out to the Pro 40 SPDIF In.

Does that make sense or what am I missing in that idea?

by Jemusic on Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:04 pm
SPDIF represents 2 channels of audio (stereo) as a digital signal. I will go over your last post in detail and continue on.

by ryevick on Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:49 pm
Jemusic wroteSPDIF represents 2 channels of audio (stereo) as a digital signal. I will go over your last post in detail and continue on.

Well, good news. I removed some of my drum mics and setup everything as it is in configuration 4. Keyboard and Mic with Individual Voice Outputs with the Digitech output setting to V1+V2 V3+V4. I am running 2 instances of Spitfire Audio Simcock Felt Piano in 1 Kontakt window and have them routed to separate tracks. All 4 harmony vocals are working on their individual tracks as well as is the dry vocal track. So that part is awesome.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the harmonies to respond to chord changes or do I need to record a chord track separately and run that as I'm singing? The 4 vocal harmony is active. I turn down the dry vocal and I hear the vocal harmony but they are not changing as I play. They are just on that initial harmony. Ideas?

27 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2