Discuss Studio 2|4, 2|6, 6|8, 18|10, and 18|24 USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm new to this, so I could be doing something stupid, but I'm pretty confused about what's going on.

The setup is that I have a 1824c and Studio One. I have my drums mic'd with 7 total mics, including two condenser mics. The regular mics are using inputs 3-7 and the condensers in 1,2 with 48v power enabled.

In studio one, each channel goes to its own input and track.

I brought an audio track of bass in and dragged it onto the 8th track.

Monitoring with z-mix through headphone port 1, I recorded drums over the bass. Upon playback, it became apparent that the audio track of bass can be heard very clearly (not minor leakage) even when the volume for that track is all the way off. It looks to have leaked strongly (or mixed) into channels 1 and 2. If the volume of those is dropped, the bass is no longer audible.

This isn't minor leakage like a cheat path through the hardware. I think I must have something setup incorrectly. Any ideas?
by Chuck37 on Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:19 am
I've been poking at all the menus and options. I think my issue is related to the loopback options in universal control. I'm a little vague on why this would corrupt channels 1/2 when no audio was being generated by programs on the PC besides S1 though...

StudioOne 5.1 w/ PreSonus 1824c
Recording Drums with 7 mic inputs
Computer: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core, MSI-7390A Pro, 32 GB DDR4-2666, Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive, EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB Black Video Card

2 posts
Page 1 of 1