20 posts
Page 1 of 1
Here is my upgrade path so far.

Studio One 4 Pro then..
Studio One 5 Artist (OEM) then..
Studio One 5 Pro via Sphere.

Now I've got Studio One V5 Pro loaded I have access to all manner of sound packs and everything, I'm assuming there is Sphere stuff here. The thing is I only want to install is the packs that come with Studio One 5 Pro and nothing else, because if my Sphere trial subscription expires, and I then decide to buy Studio One V5 Pro instead, I will no longer have access to other stuff I may have downloaded with Sphere. So I need to be careful what I install.

Please see attached, there is nothing to indicate what is native to Studio One V5 Pro. I'm showing what is inside Studio One and what is apparently inside my account, I can't seem to make a comparison.

Also here isn't much help either:
https://www.presonus.com/products/Studi ... e-versions

Is there a full list of exactly what is in Studio One 5 Pro anywhere at all?

1a.PNG

2a.PNG

3a.PNG

4a.PNG

5a.PNG

6a.PNG

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Tacman7 on Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:04 pm
On the products page in Sphere click view more details on 5pro.

Then it will show details about S15 etc. But it has a button show 31 bundled downloads

The downloads that come bundled with S1 are included with S1.

They're all sound sets and you can't really turn them off later. If you have a working S1 you can use them.

Back on the products page it has software/hardware/add ons across the top.

Add on's would be where you would get all the other content like the XT editor and other things that would stop with end of subscription.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by PreAl on Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:36 am
Tacman7 wroteOn the products page in Sphere click view more details on 5pro.

Then it will show details about S15 etc. But it has a button show 31 bundled downloads

The downloads that come bundled with S1 are included with S1.

They're all sound sets and you can't really turn them off later. If you have a working S1 you can use them.

Back on the products page it has software/hardware/add ons across the top.

Add on's would be where you would get all the other content like the XT editor and other things that would stop with end of subscription.

I have already screenshots in my initial post of what you describe. As stated they don't tally up with what is apparently already installed. For instance I know that there IS stuff that is part of Studio One V5 Pro but is marked as sphere (mostly sound packs), which makes sense because this is a sphere download, but it isn't helpful for what I need.

Maybe it would be useful to know what new soundfonts and plugins have been bundled with S5 Pro as well since V4 (as I previously had that installed).

I feel a ticket coming on.

Thx.

EDIT - Logged ticket 611381

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by edmisik on Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:55 am
Good luck with this. I was on the Sphere trial and cancelled that going with 5 Artist instead. All the Sphere 'stuff' still shows up in my account page and each time I start up Studio One Artist it tries to confirm the subscription I dont have. So I still have all this 'stuff' showing up that I dont want to see. I Have several other things in my account that I actually have and it is hard to see what I actually have as the many many things from Sphere just clutters everything up

While on Sphere trial I didnt download/install any addon/sounds that wasnt part of Artist 5 so at least my hard drive isnt a mess

And yes, I did file a support ticket asking them to remove all the detritus and that was ignored.

GoTo for music:
-HP Z420 Workstation 32GB Xeon 3.70 Ghz Win10Pro Studio One 6
-Audient EVO4, Komplete Kontrol s61 MKI, Launchpad x, Multiple shared hard drives.
Other stuff:
Orba1, Donner DMK25Pro, Thinkpad x240 Win10. Thinkpad Chromebook, Pixel4xl
Studio One Remote does not work in Chromebook
by SwitchBack on Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:37 am
This is all new to PreSonus too, so give them a little to work out the quirks :)

Until then you can try this:
Open Studio One and go to Preferences/Locations. In the tabs on that page you find the directories S1 scans for sound sets, instrument libraries and vst plug-ins. Now you have 3 options:
1. From those directories delete what you can't use anymore.
2. Close S1 and rename the directories to 'somethingsomething'_old. Then start S1, which should create new directories, and copy what you need from the old directories.
- Close S1 and delete the directories. Then open S1 and install what you need from your PreSonus account. One of the default installation profiles should do the trick.

Hope that helps :)
by Tacman7 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:02 am
The soundsets are in a folder called soundsets so you can delete any of them you installed and no longer want.

I just noticed my soundsets are from 2015. Have to have a look at some of the newer stuff.

SoundSets.JPG

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by PreAl on Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:37 am
OP here.
Just to get back on topic, the issue here is not knowing exactly what soundsets are Studio One V5 Pro specific, I don't want to install Soundsets that aren't with Studio One V5 Pro.

Everything is listed in Sphere but nothing is indicated as Studio One specific. The "default" install is in my screenshots, it's NOT what you get when you install Studio One without Sphere, Studio One wants you install the bloody lot if you have a Sphere subscription.

I haven't installed anything extra, just the main application.
Beforehand as I explained I had installed V4 Pro and V5 Artist full licenses.

Thx.

by Tacman7 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:08 am
They never tried to get me to install anything. There's just the product pages of everything they own that you can look through and install what you want.

Forum Moderator.

by PreAl on Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:27 am
I said "wants to" - meaning it's giving me the option to install everything, it hasn't installed it.

As I say I haven't installed any extra content other than with V4 Pro and V5 Artist that I had previously. It's giving me the whole bloody lot to install if I want to, and I only want to install Studio One Pro stuff.

The whole point of this thread is to find out what packs are Studio One and what aren't Studio One so I know which ones I can install and which ones I cannot. Please refer to OP for full detail as to why and check the screenshots... it's giving me EVERYTHING as an option to install... the stuff I have installed is marked "Installed".

Support have just refered me to here:
https://www.presonus.com/products/studio-one/features

Click "Studio One" and "Content and Samples" filter button.

This way only shows 8 sound packs, and the titles being displayed on the web page do not fully tally up with the install user interface of Studio One... I could start guessing but I don't really want to.

So this isn't really working,.

Oh and it counts Melodyne as content/samples it seems.

by PreAl on Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:49 am
What would be really helpful... big ask.

Does somebody here just have a plain boring Studio One V5 Pro license (not Sphere) without any extra stuff that isn't free (if you have an Atom with extra content - fine - I've got one too).

If so would they mind giving me screenshots like the first 3 I supplied in the opening post? Then I can compare.

Sidenote - Just found out my website account has been "taken over" by Sphere and the account menu basically isn't working any more LOL. No support, no products, whatever I click - I'm off to the Sphere portal!.. obviously a website bug.

EDIT - Ah now I see, I can get it all the Sphere Portal, but heck the navigation is really confusing!

by robertgray3 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:07 pm
You can install what you want and leave what you don't. Uninstalling, as Tac mentioned, is trivial as well. You just delete the soundsets you don't need in the Soundsets folder.

If you absolutely must have precisely what was included in Pro for peace of mind, check these boxes:

Presonus XT Core Library - everything in folder
Artist Instrument Library - everything in folder
Impact Drum Kits - everything in folder
Loop Libraries - everything in folder
Legacy and Compatibility - everything in folder

Purchased Items-
Ampire
Fat Channel Collection - was included with Pro at various points
Presonus Studio Grand
MVP Atomic Blaze and Atomic Fuel - Atom release promos, your call there.

I read your screenshots and compared to my list. Afaict all the Sphere additional content is under the "Purchased Items" folder.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by PreAl on Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:18 pm
robertgray3 wroteYou can install what you want and leave what you don't. Uninstalling, as Tac mentioned, is trivial as well. You just delete the soundsets you don't need in the Soundsets folder.

If you absolutely must have precisely what was included in Pro for peace of mind, check these boxes:

Presonus XT Core Library - everything in folder
Artist Instrument Library - everything in folder
Impact Drum Kits - everything in folder
Loop Libraries - everything in folder
Legacy and Compatibility - everything in folder

Purchased Items-
Ampire
Fat Channel Collection - was included with Pro at various points
Presonus Studio Grand
MVP Atomic Blaze and Atomic Fuel - Atom release promos, your call there.

I read your screenshots and compared to my list. Afaict all the Sphere additional content is under the "Purchased Items" folder.

Thanks...

So it looks like there are no new soundsets with V5 Pro when upgrading from V4 Pro I guess? Because looking at my screenshots in the original post everything you've stated here is labelled as already "installed".

by robertgray3 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:32 pm
PreAl wroteSo it looks like there are no new soundsets with V5 Pro when upgrading from V4 Pro I guess? Because looking at my screenshots in the original post everything you've stated here is labelled as already "installed".

That’s correct, if you ignore the stuff that wasn’t already installed you’re good to go.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by PreAl on Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:07 pm
OK thanks...

OK my key takeaway with Sphere is...

a) It's very difficult to identify what the specific product content is associated within Sphere, so I know specifically what I need to buy if I give up Sphere and decide to get full licenses, or just that I may want to avoid certain content in case Sphere subscription expires (thus content expires). Please Presonus make product identification easier and please reduce the clutter.

b) The website menu structure needs attention when it becomes "Sphere" enabled. If you don't have Sphere you probably won't experience this. For instance, this is how I go to support:

I go to:
https://my.presonus.com/home
Then click support
Then I click "menu" in the middle (the "menu" button graphic in the middle of another menu that doesn't look clickable). This took me 15 minutes to realise what the heck it was, it does not look like a menu, and the positioning in the middle of another menu is simply ultra weird. Then I click support again... and then FINALLY I'm at support!

It works but it's heck of a fiddly right now basically, I hope they improve it ASAP.

Anyway I wrote all this in the ticket...

Thanks for your help!

by Skijumptoes on Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:43 am
Had exactly the same concerns as you with both the soundsets, and sphere takeover of the account screen (Menu button not being clear, added confusion etc.).

But i've just got on with it and haven't felt the need to inform PreSonus about these issues, makes you wonder how many other people are going through the same and not informed them, so good that you have.

The expert chat is also hidden away in the 'learn' page, at the bottom right of the screen. In case you haven't noticed that.

Win11 Desktop - Ryzen 7 / RTX 3070Ti UMC 1820 & Liquid Saffire 56 | Macbook M1 Pro 16" & Steinberg UR22C | Studio One v6
by PreAl on Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:11 am
leonseaman wroteHad exactly the same concerns as you with both the soundsets, and sphere takeover of the account screen (Menu button not being clear, added confusion etc.).

But i've just got on with it and haven't felt the need to inform PreSonus about these issues, makes you wonder how many other people are going through the same and not informed them, so good that you have.

The expert chat is also hidden away in the 'learn' page, at the bottom right of the screen. In case you haven't noticed that.

I could be reading this wrong, but after correspondence I feel that tech support may at least may need a few more tickets before they consider this an issue of any importance. The Sphere UI right now is def a bit of a nightmare IMHO.

by Skijumptoes on Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:33 am
I've just cancelled my sphere sub, so will be interesting how things pop back into shape after that.

The cancel process was really simple, it informs you about backing up any files you have in the cloud, and links to buying perpetual licenses for add-ons you will lose/may need etc, also a 'reactivate membership' option has appeared for when i want to resume it.

But, i'm still going to put a ticket in regarding the sphere interface and lack of information in regards to what is/isn't sphere vs a standard install.

Win11 Desktop - Ryzen 7 / RTX 3070Ti UMC 1820 & Liquid Saffire 56 | Macbook M1 Pro 16" & Steinberg UR22C | Studio One v6
by PreAl on Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:35 am
With regret I've totally lost patience with support on this issue, they just aren't seeing the issues at the user end or won't acknowledge clearly... It's a brick wall.

They say that the website (when filters are used) show exactly the packs that are installed in studio one. It may be the case that they describe them but the title names are different and it does not tally up exactly - so I am left guessing.

Also their support ticket system does not show the ticket status properly, and the menu system of sphere is impossible at first.

I am doing my best to explain it to them as politely as possible, but I just end up repeating myself. I lost my rag with them just now unfortunately.

I will do a video when I can be bothered, but I've just had enough right now. As a customer, when I read their responses, I keep feeling that they think I'm the one at fault here and they don't wish to understand.

EDIT - Just done a video sent to support (their eyes only).

Tomorrow is another day sorry for venting.

by PreAl on Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:10 am
Support not interested, they now say it isn't their job which is fair enough. But can they forward the video I provided and the steps to repro to somebody whose job it is? Nope.

They tell me now to create a feature request here which I WON'T be doing... I've have jumped through enough hoops as it is. This has been a bad time consuming experience from beginning to end and I feel one hurdle after another is being placed before me.

So folks, if you can be bothered, create a feature request here. Your first "feature request" may be that clicking on support on https://my.presonus.com/home does not take you support if you are subscribed to Sphere, rather it takes you to the Sphere menu where you have to guess where the support option has gone.

https://answers.presonus.com/questions/ ... e-requests

So done.

by lawrencefarr on Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:42 pm
If anyone is looking for the support link from their Presonus Sphere account page, click the big blue Sphere icon that says MENU in the middle of it and the following menu appears.

support.png

Studio One Technical Support | QA
------------------------------------------------
Issue Reporting Add-On - Version 4.3.0
------------------------------------------------
Kontakt 6 | MOTU Mach 5 | Spitfire BBCSO Core & Albion One | Cinematic Studio Solo Strings | Vienna Synchron Prime | Cinesamples Musio | NI Session Horns Pro | Toontrack EZ Drummer, EZ Bass,& EZ Keys | Relab LX480 Complete | Soundtoys Little Plate & Echoboy

20 posts
Page 1 of 1