119 postsPage 6 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
kozmyk wroteGood Work Chaps, and Chappesses
And quick work too ...
Stability is SO important and really needed to be addressed in v5

Awaiting with bated breath the adding of Patch Changes WITHIN songs in the Show Page.
I'm sure you're busy working on that. ;)
After all it Would make the Show Page SO much more useable, whether for Live or Rehearsal purposes.

Personally, I'd also like to see the Show Page able to handle external hardware synths with one Virtual Instrument Player. I've had success setting up a Virtual Instrument Player and directing MIDI to a hardware synth, but I also had to set up a Real Instrument Player to bring the audio from the synth back into the Show Page.

Being able to control both the audio and MIDI for hardware synths as easily as you do software synths in the Show Page would open up a new world for live electronic music performers, IMHO.
by PreAl on Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:57 am
Simple and tiny feature request. I'm putting here for eyeballs, I doubt it will get a million votes, but it is important, as I want to remove something potentially destructive... I think it's important for controller freaks such as myself.

I'm always playing around under options -> External Devices.

I am regularly removing user devices, and I am regularly being prompted to delete them, and if I press "Yes" by mistake then there is no undo option and could lose many days of work unless I have a backup.

There should be a tickbox preference somewhere to turn this dialogue box off - unless I've missed something.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Skijumptoes on Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:22 am
It'd also be nice to 'restart' an external device for when you're programming the .xml or skin files. As it is you have to keep exiting and reloading S1 to see the changes.

Win11 Desktop - Ryzen 7 / RTX 3070Ti UMC 1820 & Liquid Saffire 56 | Macbook M1 Pro 16" & Steinberg UR22C | Studio One v6
by Vocalpoint on Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:35 am
leonseaman wroteIt'd also be nice to 'restart' an external device for when you're programming the .xml or skin files. As it is you have to keep exiting and reloading S1 to see the changes.

Would also be nice if S1 could kindly stop reminding me at every startup that I unplugged my AKAI MPK49 a few months back.

ATTN Studio One: I know I unplugged my keyboard on June 18 and I will let you know when I want to use it again. Would be nice to see an Option to "turn off this notification".

Unless I am missing something?

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.0.99237 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.249) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by robertgray3 on Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:57 am
Vocalpoint wrote
leonseaman wroteIt'd also be nice to 'restart' an external device for when you're programming the .xml or skin files. As it is you have to keep exiting and reloading S1 to see the changes.

Would also be nice if S1 could kindly stop reminding me at every startup that I unplugged my AKAI MPK49 a few months back.

ATTN Studio One: I know I unplugged my keyboard on June 18 and I will let you know when I want to use it again. Would be nice to see an Option to "turn off this notification".

VP

That is an option at the bottom of the External Devices window.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by PreAl on Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:14 am
^ What he said, I only discovered that yesterday!

Vocalpoint wroteATTN Studio One: I know I unplugged my keyboard on June 18 and I will let you know when I want to use it again. Would be nice to see an Option to "turn off this notification".

VP

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Vocalpoint on Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:28 pm
PreAl wrote^ What he said, I only discovered that yesterday!

Awesome - thanks gents!

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.0.99237 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.249) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by PreAl on Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:15 pm
Problem with new “Auto -Expand Selected Channel” feature

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=41411

by nashville3 on Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:34 pm
I am selling my Studio One Pro 5, Anyone interested let me know?
by susanhelfter on Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:18 pm
Nevermind--- after much digging (it shouldn't be this difficult!) I finally found the compare tech specs page and discovered the scenes feature is part of Pro features. All the videos and schwag refer to "Studio One 5" in general, and don't differentiate which version they're discussing.

As a note, just realized i could have purchased sphere plan and saved myself this hassle. Now I've already paid 49.95 for what are quite limited feature upgrades. Recommend sphere for anyone who has Studio One 4 looking to upgrade if you are researching the features and economics. If you are a newbie like me, but songwriting/mixing/recording, you want that mix scenes feature!!!

-SZQ

Just purchased and completed the upgrade from Studio One 4 Artist to Studio One 5 Artrist!

The scenes button is not visible in the toolbar. I tested in a converted Studio One 4 song file, and created a brand new Studio One 5 file. Could not find the scenes button in either. Although, according to the reference manual, it should be in the lower lefthand nav bar of the mixer and look like three little boxes.

I also noticed that the upgrade process left Studio One 4 installed. Is that typical?

thank you for your help! I'm on a mac OS Catalina 10.15.4

regards,
SZQ
Last edited by susanhelfter on Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
by Jemusic on Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:22 pm
Yes it is normal for a new version to be installed in its own folder. Its a good thing as you can go back to V4 at anytime if you need to.

Scenes are not available in Artist. You need to upgrade to Pro.

Check the version comparison here:

https://www.presonus.com/products/studi ... e-versions

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by absyzero on Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:14 pm
Random bug appeared today ,,, green z not working ..
reboot s1 ,,and everything became normal.....

Also confirm fade out bug ,,,and couple of days ago , saw new bug with latency ...
109 ms with all plugins and instruments disabled....

Ryzen 3950x , 64 gb ram ...Rme MADI FX, RME ADI 8qs ...JBL 6328 monitors...Ns10 monitors....
by PreAl on Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:27 am
absyzero wroteRandom bug appeared today ,,, green z not working ..
reboot s1 ,,and everything became normal.....

Not enough evidence to call it a bug, could have happened by design You may need to check over your system over with latencymon if it's windows (worth updating your signature). Also check universal control for device driver updates, otherwise hopefully you won't see it again.

by absyzero on Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:57 am
PreAl

It is definitly a bug. because Green Z is lights on , but plugin in chain - greyed ....
and monitoring switch on without usual for green z - couple of sec latency ....(when presonus make a copy of plugin )
and after reload same project - green Z start working as expected ...
i don`t have universal control , i`m rme user ))) ....

Ryzen 3950x , 64 gb ram ...Rme MADI FX, RME ADI 8qs ...JBL 6328 monitors...Ns10 monitors....
by robertgray3 on Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:05 am
I don’t know if it’s a bug or not but what happens is sometimes during the latency reporting process you can “trick” Green Z into using plugins that have too much latency for the time critical path if you insert them while monitoring (through Drag and Drop or otherwise). That’s why you notice that discrepancy with the icon. Some Soundtoys plugins do this, a few Waves ones, a lot of plugins honestly.

You don’t have to reload the project, though. In my experience you can simply toggle monitoring and it will catch the error and bypass the plugin.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by j0001s on Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:46 pm
Spectrum meters.gif
Some weird behavior on the Pro EQ spectrum meter. It's showing info one octave below where there is any audio information. GIF attached is a pluck of the E string, with the same signal on both the Pro EQ and the standalone spectrum meter.

Click on the image, and the GIF will play.
by absyzero on Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:07 am
robertgray3
In my case i had my standart guitar chain which always work ....
i` did it thousands times....
It is a random bug....

by andrewmcintosh on Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:12 pm
Is there automation on the showpage that I just don't know about? Even that would eliminate the need to switch plugins mid track cause you could just use volume automation. That way I can add layers or switch tones without the possible hiccup that might occur while plugin switching.
by georgelockwood on Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:41 pm
georgelockwood wrote
arndkaiser wroteIf you’re running plugins that don’t support HiDPI it means you can’t use HiDPI mode. There’s nothing Presonus can fix.

arndkaiser Then why don't I have ANY problems with the same plugins, when I open Studio One Version 3 ??

Presonus had one checkbox to "Enable High DPI" under "Options" in Studio One 3. And if I enabled it on a 4K res screen, they would appear veeerrry tiny. Didn't enable... all good, worked fine, not so sharp, but workable. Now, on S1V5 they appear veeerrrry tiny WITHOUT enabling High DPI, but when enabled, they start to malfunction/glitch. I just want to NOT enable High DPI and have them work at less quality res, like in V3, but at a viewable size and without graphic malfunctions.

Thank you arndkaiser and/or Prersonus for giving back the "Enable High DPI" check box. IT WORKS NOW!! I am FINALLY able to use S1 V5 (5.1) without the plugins glitching. So happy this was fixed, even if it took months.

119 postsPage 6 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6