9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

How do I move bar 1 in the ruler so that it starts at the beginning of my song.

If i start a few bars in at the beginning leaving time for a count or intro or whatever I end up starting on bar 9 for example can i just move the bar/grid so that bar 1 is at bar 9?

Many thanks
by jpettit on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:07 am
Quick answer. No. No ability to redefining where bar one is.

As a side note, the pre-count ability in the metronome counts off before beat one.
Make sure to set the Start marker to where the song actually start for rendering reasons.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Astrop on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:09 am
that sucks. thanks for the reply
by williamkelley2 on Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:16 pm
Here is the work around that I do when I want Notion or Studio One to start at the correct bar or zero.
1) I use the splice tool to set the start and end of the track as a loop.
2) I right click the track or tracks that I want to copy. Left click and then hold shift to add multiple tracks one left click at a time and then right click and left click copy.
3) I start a new song in Studio One.
4) Right click in open tracks and paste.
5) You now have a song starting at zero.
6) Save before going back to your original song to maybe copy and paste more tracks to your new song that all start at zero.

Patrick
by symonak on Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:47 pm
Hi williamkelley2

I tried but I'm not sure I understand.

in any cae, it didn't work; any way you can explain that better or show an exemple?
by roberttrede on Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:25 am
Did you guy ever figure out how to offset the "bar count" so you can move bar one to whichever measure (bar) that your song actually starts?

It's actually quite easy to do. Follow these steps:

From the Studio ONe menu in a song select:
1. Song / Song Setup / Click the "General" tab
2. Set the "Bar Offset" to "-1" for one bar offset, "-2" for two bars, "-3" for three, etc.
Be sure to add the minus ("-") sign before the number of bars you want to offset.

3. Click "OK" (at the bottom-right of the popup window).

This is an easy fix. I hope it helps you or future seekers of "bar count offset" instructions. :punk:
by lgbgnlhq on Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:38 am
Thanks roberttrede, this is what I was actually looking for. :thumbup:
by jayhlane on Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:17 am
and when syncing if I want my song to start at 1 hour in then what? no option to re number bars - I love S1 except this SUCKS. 1:00:00:00 is not a round bar number and its like bar 1000+ no way bar offset can work!
by SwitchBack on Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:14 pm
S1.5 has it. Place the cursor where you want bar 1 to start, right-click, and select 'Set Bar Offset to Cursor'. Easy.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1