14 posts
Page 1 of 1
No matter what i do, i cant adjust the velocity with the pads 11+12 in editor mode. They just do nothing, Duplicate and Delete are just working fine.

Not sure if its a bug, adjustment or broken...

if anyone could help :thumbup:

Greetings
by martinbrataas on Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:13 pm
I bought my Atom today and have the same problem, and nobody have fixed it? Is this a joke? And why not let the four upper right pads under setup be assignable for makros?
by Jemusic on Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:26 am
These buttons all work fine for me. First you must double click on the midi event. It will show up in the editor below. You can choose the keyboard or drum editor here depending.

Then press the Editor button on ATOM. Only pads 9 to 12 light up yellow. Velocity pads 11 and 12 lower and raise velocity. Duplicate and Delete also work as well.

If you are just on a track but not double clicked and seeing the part in the editor below, then velocity pads do not work in Editor mode but Delete and Duplicate still do.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by martinbrataas on Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:24 am
I did double click on the midi event, and everything for that matter. Still no possibility to adjust velocity from the Atom. I have the latest studio one pro version and latest Atom firmware. I guess there might be a bug here, since I am not able to adjust the velocity. Is there a way to rule out if i do the correct procedure?
by Jemusic on Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:22 pm
ATOM firmware should be currently at 3.0. Check using Universal Control.

Another thing to check. While in Editor Mode (and I assuming you have pads 9-12 only lit in yellow) Press the Velocity Pads 11/12 and check right down below at your Midi symbol. Very left in the transport bar. There are two little triangles there. One to the left pointing into the Midi symbol (MIDI IN) and the other to the right pointing away from the midi symbol. (MIDI OUT)

If you are pressing either of those velocity pads (+ or -) you should see the triangle to the left (Pointing into the midi symbol) light up. That means ATOM is sending that data and you may be doing something wrong in terms of receiving it.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by franckdesert on Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:15 pm
Hi,

I've exaclty the same problem.
Firmware of my Atom is updated to 3.0.
In Editor Mode, [9] Duplicate and [10] Delete buttons are working well on notes but [11] Velocoty- and [12] Velocity+ have strictly no effect, althrough left triangle is blinking beside the midi logo when I push it.

Hope it will be resolved soon !
by martinbrataas on Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:59 am
I like how we all play together
by jondkinney on Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:50 pm
I'm having the same issue with pads 11 and 12 not allowing for the editing of velocity in event edit mode with the events properly selected.
by zpoztric on Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:51 pm
Cause:
This can happen if you optionally change the user data location.
The cause is a lack of macro files.
The macro file that is automatically generated in the user data location does not contain the macro file that ATOM uses.

ATOM velocity editing is done via macros.
And the modified user data location is missing some macro files.
It contains macro files that ATOM uses for velocity editing.

Solutions:
Copy the following macro file from "C: \ Users \ [UserName] \ Documents \ Studio One \ Macros" to "Macros" in the user data location.

Deselect All.studioonemacro
Leg + Ovlp.studioonemacro
Mute.studioonemacro
Quant 1_16.studioonemacro
Quant 1_4.studioonemacro
Quant 1_8.studioonemacro
Rmv Gaps.studioonemacro
Select Notes Menu.studioonemacro
Track Zoom L.studioonemacro
Track Zoom M.studioonemacro
Track Zoom S.studioonemacro
Vel + 10.studioonemacro ← Use ATOM
Vel-10.studioonemacro ← Use ATOM
Vel max.studioonemacro

In addition, edit the default "Vel + 10.studioonemacro" as follows.

<? xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>
<Macro title = "Vel +10" group = "Musical" description = "">
<CommandElement category = "Musical Functions" name = "Velocity">
<CommandArgument name = "Mode" value = "0" />
<CommandArgument name = "AddValue" value = "0.078740157186985015869140625" />
<CommandArgument name = "SetValue" value = "0.791666686534881591796875" />
<CommandArgument name = "MultiplyValue" value = "1" />
</ CommandElement>
</ Macro>

This is because the default "AddValue" value is incorrect and the velocity increase is unstable.

* As a precaution, the missing macro file is attached.

I hope you find it useful.

Attachments
Macros.zip
missing macro file
(4.99 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
by tobiltge on Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:46 am
Thank you very much zpoztric,
even though im an absolut lamer, it works now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thumbup:
by erikvannieuwburg1 on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:48 am
zpoztric wroteCause:
This can happen if you optionally change the user data location.
The ca.......
.....Value" value is incorrect and the velocity increase is unstable.

* As a precaution, the missing macro file is attached.
I hope you find it useful.

Thanks bro. I also moved my folder and ran into this problem. Your suggested fix worked for me as well. Just wanted to let y'all know :-)
by garyspicer1 on Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:31 am
I'm stumped. Velocity +/- still do not work when in EDITOR mode and a MIDI note is selected.

I've tried ways, including the suggestion in here.

Am I missing something? Maybe a little details can help me fix this. I'm new to ATOM and S1

Thanks!
by robertshamansky on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:54 pm
Mine didn't work either. Here is what I did:

1) install Universal Control from the Presonus web site if you don't have it installed already. When you run it, it will tell you if your Atom's firmware needs updated. Mine did, I was at 2.7

2) download ZPOZTRIC's zip file, extract it, and drop these new macros into your macro folder. I was missing all of the macros from that zip file.

3) Start up Studio One, open up the Macro Organizer from the Studio One drop down menu and click the Refresh button.

That worked for me. Hope that helps!

Lenovo Thinkpad T430s, i5, 8GB RAM, HD graphics 4000, Windows 10 Pro, Audiobox iOne, Faderport, Atom, Nanokey Studio, Magic Acid 8 Pro, Ableton Live X Suite
by PreAl on Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:04 pm
I got out old my old Atom today and came across this problem in Studio One V Artist (5.0.1) (Windows).

Well my macro folder is away from the default, so is my "My Documents" folders in windows.
I checked the original default location and it was just empty. I searched all my drives for these missing files - nothing.
The only thing I could do was download the ZIP file, extract and reboot studio one. It worked instantly.
Thankyou very much - this saved my bacon.

But this begs the question - why aren't these macro files installed??
What installer package do they come from?

Obviously this bug is real and lots of people can reproduce.
I suspect we would have more noise on this thread, however I suspect this facility is probably one of the least used.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

14 posts
Page 1 of 1