Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
14 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just got the Quantum 2626 and I am having trouble with the routing. I have no signal to the headphone outs. To my understanding, I have to do the I/O routing for the Quantum 2626 through a DAW, as it is not a standalone unit. I am connected via Thunderbolt 3 and get audio out of my mains (blue light is on for the interface for Thunderbolt connectivity). I want to route my headphone outs to be the same as my mains. Universal Control for this interface only has leveling:

Screenshot (2).png

I installed Studio One 4 and under Options -> Audio Setup, my Audio Device list does not have the Quantum 2626 as a listed Audio Device:

Screenshot (4).png

So that's where I'm stuck. Please help.

Furthermore, I do not use Studio One. I use Reaper. So I am wondering how I can change routing options in Reaper. Is that possible? Do I need to ALWAYS have Studio One open in the background to change my routing options? If so, I have no idea why they did not make this a standalone unit, as it pigeonholes me into using only Studio One for routing.

If I do get the routing through Studio One or Reaper, does that mean I will have to leave one of those applications open in the background at all times if I want to, say, listen to Youtube through headphones on the interface? I don't understand why this is so difficult and the unit doesn't just have the I/O routing right in Universal Control. My computer only has Thunderbolt 3 ports, so I am kind of stuck with the Quantum 2626 as the only affordable interface for me right now.

I am running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 15 laptop. Again, I have connectivity, I just can't get my headphone outs to work or route them to my Mains like I've seen people do on the Quantum 26x32 interface through Universal Control, like in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO40nZ3tUcQ

(Third screenshot is from that video for Quantum 26x32 in Universal Control)

Screenshot (6).png
by Clintcurtis on Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:22 am
I have the same issue, trying to get my Universal control to look like that. Did you get it working after? What am I missing?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 8 Core 4.30 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
Display: 2 Dell 4K Monitors
DAW: Presonus Studio One (Always the Latest Version)
Memory: 64 Gigs of 3200 MHz DIMM RAM
Storage: 2 TB NVME Drive
Interface: Presonus Quantum 2626 Thunderbolt 192 KHz, Typical Recording Setup: 48K at 24 Bit, 64 Sample buffer
Midi Devices: Komplete A61, Roland TD 27
by kalbinsson on Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:17 am
I cannot get the routing screen in Universal Control as well.

S1 64bit, OSX 14.X, Macbook M1 Max 14" 2021, 64 GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Apple Pro XDR Display, Presonus Studio 1824c, UAD-2 Satellite, Presonus Revelator
by klypeman on Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:29 am
The 2626 is a separate device and only has level meters in UC. For headphones (front) right from the box is outputs1/2 (same as monitors if you setup your main output in SO)
On my setup headphones goes as supposed.
Are you using an Apple tb3 cable ?
They are the only ones that I know working properly.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by kalbinsson on Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:31 pm
What is the feature missing on the 2626 that doesn't allow you to route channels just as you can do in Quantum and 1810c and 1824c.

I have read the features on Presonus webpage. But what is the feature called that is missing?

/K

S1 64bit, OSX 14.X, Macbook M1 Max 14" 2021, 64 GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Apple Pro XDR Display, Presonus Studio 1824c, UAD-2 Satellite, Presonus Revelator
by klypeman on Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:34 pm
You have to do all your routing in your DAW.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by klypeman on Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:40 pm
@christopherstotish
you have to route the main outputs to 1/2 main out to get your headphones correct.

Forum Moderator.

by PAE Seth on Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:04 am
Quantum Series DOES NOT have hardware leveling mixing. At no time have we ever advertised otherwise. People are lying if they say otherwise.

The 2626 is a more affordable version of the Quantum 1. It does not have Digital Preamp Recall and it's missing a few features from UC that the Q1 model has (like Mirror SPDIF to Main).

The Quantum series wouldn't be as fast as they are if we didn't get rid of hardware mixing. That adds to the latency and is a big reason why products like UAD Apollo's are not as fast latency wise.

My suggestion is to use a WDM Mixing Software, like VB - Voice Meeter, so you can do basic OS routing to your headphones when not using ASIO. Although, Windows gets pretty buggy with WDM and VB. Not a pretty solution, but can work.

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower
by rodatarodi on Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:14 am
PAE Seth wroteQuantum Series DOES NOT have hardware leveling mixing. At no time have we ever advertised otherwise. People are lying if they say otherwise.

The 2626 is a more affordable version of the Quantum 1. It does not have Digital Preamp Recall and it's missing a few features from UC that the Q1 model has (like Mirror SPDIF to Main).

The Quantum series wouldn't be as fast as they are if we didn't get rid of hardware mixing. That adds to the latency and is a big reason why products like UAD Apollo's are not as fast latency wise.

My suggestion is to use a WDM Mixing Software, like VB - Voice Meeter, so you can do basic OS routing to your headphones when not using ASIO. Although, Windows gets pretty buggy with WDM and VB. Not a pretty solution, but can work.

So essentially what you’re saying is if I wanted to use my 8 balanced trs outputs to send 8 signals from my daw to a summing mixer AND be able to monitor the daw mix through the main L/R trs outputs (whether it’s mirrored by the spdif channel or not) is not possible? So basically you’re telling me I have to adjust routing i/o from my daw internally because y’all decided to smash the outputs 1/2 and the main L/R outputs (plus conversion) in the 2 first outputs all so you can reduce latency at the cost of work flow just to compete with UAD? Then thought by making this move, it would allow you to sell a cheaper product than the original Quantum while marketing it as “fAsTeR” with lower latency so more would purchase thinking it’s a superior device for low price? Only asking
by PAE Seth on Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:57 am
rodatarodi wrote
PAE Seth wroteQuantum Series DOES NOT have hardware leveling mixing. At no time have we ever advertised otherwise. People are lying if they say otherwise.

So essentially what you’re saying is if I wanted to use my 8 balanced trs outputs to send 8 signals from my daw to a summing mixer AND be able to monitor the daw mix through the main L/R trs outputs (whether it’s mirrored by the spdif channel or not) is not possible? So basically you’re telling me I have to adjust routing i/o from my daw internally because y’all decided to smash the outputs 1/2 and the main L/R outputs (plus conversion) in the 2 first outputs all so you can reduce latency at the cost of work flow just to compete with UAD? Then thought by making this move, it would allow you to sell a cheaper product than the original Quantum while marketing it as “fAsTeR” with lower latency so more would purchase thinking it’s a superior device for low price? Only asking

You seem quite upset over some assumptions. In the future, try engaging in a tone that doesn't appear to be trolling, especially when you don't have correct info. Hardware level Matrix monitoring/Mixing is not the same thing you're talking about at all.

Quantum most definitely has the ability to send separate signals on the Main Outs and Line outputs 1-8, in both WDM, ASIO, and Core Audio, inside or outside of the DAW. You're missing the point here. UAD was just an example of a product that uses DSP for hardware monitoring, which adds latency to the round trip. Also, the 2626 already has SPDIF to Main feature added like the Q1, since I've posted that.

Removal of some features that drop the price is common and standard practice for products. Thunderbolt tech is not cheap to develop and it is hard to meet these price points. I've already outlined the differences in the products so I'm not going over it again.

If you don't see a benefit to having as close to real time monitoring, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Plenty of folks enjoy this workflow, including myself. Personally, if I wanted hardware DSP and routing, I'll just use a Digital Mixer, which offers a lot more than some 8 channel interface.

Hope your day gets better. :)

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower
by konradwelz on Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:05 pm
@PAE Seth, you mentioned this:
Quantum most definitely has the ability to send separate signals on the Main Outs and Line outputs 1-8, in both WDM, ASIO, and Core Audio, inside or outside of the DAW.

Could you please give me an example of how you would do this? I'm a relative routing noob and would like to know how to do it.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Konrad
by PAE Seth on Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:08 am
konradwelz wrote@PAE Seth, you mentioned this:
Quantum most definitely has the ability to send separate signals on the Main Outs and Line outputs 1-8, in both WDM, ASIO, and Core Audio, inside or outside of the DAW.

Could you please give me an example of how you would do this? I'm a relative routing noob and would like to know how to do it.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Konrad

This is no different than any other interface. The DAW will have access to all I/O provided by the driver.

In Studio One, when viewing the I/O routing page, you will see all available hardware inputs/outputs. You simply create/assign the corresponding channels to access them.

There are plenty of resources available on how to route your I/O in a DAW.

by davidhenderson20 on Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:10 pm
Found this thread while searching (in vain) for a solution, figured moderator would be able to help. I have read the manual, watched all the videos... but I cannot get my DAW to output to the outs on my second Quantum 26x32 (chained with a first Quantum 26x32).

The numbers of the outputs in Logic do not match the output numbers in Universal control, so I've been guessing a lot. But if Main Outputs +1-8 in universal control = outputs 1-10 in Logic, then I assumed outputs 11-20 would be the outputs on the second Quantum. but no. I can't find any way to route the signal from Logic to the second Quantum.

"There are plenty of resources available on how to route your I/O in a DAW." - I have looked, I ca't find any that address this issue. Could you please share with me where I might find the right resource?

thanks.
by trentodneal on Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:20 pm
In your Daw, Create a Stereo Output Bus called "Headphones Out". Set it as Main Out 1 and 2. Now in your Daw on each track you want routed to your headphones, go to "sends" and assign "Headphones Out" to a send. Easy

14 posts
Page 1 of 1