119 postsPage 5 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Bbd wroteI am glad your issue was finally solved.
As you stated, this forum is not the place to get to Presonus Support. The only way to do that is thru a Support ticket.
It is also extremely important that the information provided to Support is accurate with all required fields completed.

Just to be entirely clear here..

1) Fields were NOT left blank. 100% certain.
2) The webform should not be able to submit with blank fields anyway.
3) Auto closing tickets did not give notification or reason why they auto closed.
4) If the tickets auto close you can't get support. The end user doesn't know what's happening so I they don't really have much choice but to try to gain attention via other means (and it's not clear what you should do in that scenario).

In summary, the system did not work and somehow as a customer, I was made responsible for its shortcomings.

Anyway that's enough - I think I've made my point. What's actually important is to have a reliable ticketing system, which sends out clear notifications at the right times.

Over and out.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by kozmyk on Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:46 pm
I've got to pipe in and say that, since Sphere started I've called upon the Expert Chat three times and got timely and informative answers each time.
Im not crawling either.
The best of these arrived this very morning and came in two parts .
Each part addressing my questions in fine detail and leaving me with a much better understanding of the control issues I was having.
Not faults in Studio One but confusion on my part on how to go about certain linking functions.
I'm no beginner but anyone can get lost amongst those MIDI control link settings. :reading:
I got detailed directions With Pictures.
I can't fault the support I've experienced.

Nice one Gregor and Tommy :thumbup:

Firepod(FP10 firmware), Studio One v5.0.1 (Sphere), Melodyne 5 Studio, Ableton Lite, Bitwig, Mixers (Soundcraft,Behringer,Studiomaster) Remotes Android, Sensel Morph, Instruments Basses, Guitars, Keyboards, Banjo, Didj, Cowbell, Mics-Dozens

Win10 Home, Intel i7 3770K 4.2GHz, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GeForce GTX670 2GB
by Skijumptoes on Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:58 pm
PreAl wrote4) If the tickets auto close you can't get support. The end user doesn't know what's happening so I they don't really have much choice but to try to gain attention via other means (and it's not clear what you should do in that scenario).

I had a ticket closed and i just replied on it using the 'Add a comment' button, and they got back to me and continued support. I've found PreSonus support to be brilliant.

Win11 Desktop - Ryzen 7 / RTX 3070Ti UMC 1820 & Liquid Saffire 56 | Macbook M1 Pro 16" & Steinberg UR22C | Studio One v6
by sangamc on Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:24 pm
I'm having the fade issue as well. Only started in 5.0.1 I put in my ticket with vid attached but did not get any acknowledgement :(. I guess we wait for 5.0.2!

Presonus Studio One v 4.x Professional Win x64
by Bbd on Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:36 pm
No that is not what you should do. If you put in a ticket and have not received a response, please contact Support again. Something might have happened to your ticket.
Don't just wait for the next release!

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by sangamc on Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:39 pm
Bbd wroteNo that is not what you should do. If you put in a ticket and have not received a response, please contact Support again. Something might have happened to your ticket.
Don't just wait for the next release!

Will resubmit with a link to the vid instead of attaching it.
THANKS!

Presonus Studio One v 4.x Professional Win x64
by PreAl on Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:28 am
So it's been one week since the patch has been out. There are still some serious issues pointed out but we are nowhere near what happened with 5.0.0

Time to install a review copy methinks with a view of using this full time a few weeks after 5.0.2 comes out (maybe).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by jasonsellgren on Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:20 am
Thank you all soooo much for fixing the negative track delay issue!!!!
by j0001s on Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:50 am
PreAl wroteSo it's been one week since the patch has been out. There are still some serious issues pointed out but we are nowhere near what happened with 5.0.0

On Windows, at least, it smells stable. My issues with 5.0.0 were not on the list as being fixed, but they all were.
by Vocalpoint on Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:30 am
j0001s wroteOn Windows, at least, it smells stable. My issues with 5.0.0 were not on the list as being fixed, but they all were.

I put 5.01 into service this past weekend and have done two VO sessions so far - it is as solid as 4.6.x was but then again - I have not pushed it in any way.

I do continue to be fascinated with how a new install replicates the existing previous environment to the point where you are not really sure if you are actually using the new version or not - it's that complete.:)

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.0.99237 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.249) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by ArKay99 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:15 am
Hello my fellow S1 users... I've been lurking since 2017 on V3.5.4 as I stopped using S1 due to this 'bug'...

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=22902&p=125542#p125542

I've been coming back each version increment hoping to see it fixed, but have been 'disappointed' at each update. I opened S1 today and saw a ver. 5.0 was released and subsequently 5.0.1 and...'be still my beating heart!" it appears that with the new Aux channels and Listen mode it has been addressed.

Am I correct? If so, the wallet is in my hand, ready to purchase the new version happily...

Please tell me this is so...

Mac Pro 6.1 32 gig 1866 memory, 512G internal PCIe SSD, 2-480G OWC 3G SSD's in Thunderbolt case, twin D300video cards, 2 x Raven MTi2's, Pro Tools 12.4 | HD, UAD Apollo, 2 UAD Thunderbolt Satellite Octo's, RME ADI-4 DD, Yosemite 10.10.5, Studio One 3.5.1, outboard hardware via AES (Bricasti M7, 2 x Lexicon PCM92, TC Electronics M350 though homemade SRC). Neve Portico 5012, 5043, Lot's and lots of plug ins, Vienna Ensemble Pro, Vienna Instruments, VSL Special Edition Strings, DynAudio Bm6's and MB14S sub.
by robertgray3 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:28 am
ArKay99 wroteHello my fellow S1 users... I've been lurking since 2017 on V3.5.4 as I stopped using S1 due to this 'bug'...

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=22902&p=125542#p125542

I've been coming back each version increment hoping to see it fixed, but have been 'disappointed' at each update. I opened S1 today and saw a ver. 5.0 was released and subsequently 5.0.1 and...'be still my beating heart!" it appears that with the new Aux channels and Listen mode it has been addressed.

Am I correct? If so, the wallet is in my hand, ready to purchase the new version happily...

Please tell me this is so...

That's not a bug. However strange it may seem it's perfectly logical when you automate mutes and solos that way. It likely won't change until they completely re-do the way that they set up Mutes, Solos, and SIP. That's why a lot of users use Mixtool or Fader plugins or things like Hornet Track Utility ($6 currently) to automate mutes. Or you can check back in another three years :D

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by ArKay99 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:42 am
Hi, well that's why I put it in 'quotes'. I suppose I could try the Pro demo to see if I can use it that way on that version, but I was hoping I could just install the new version and rock on. You did mention some ways to get it to work, I'll look into those options. Thanks for the suggestions, I really do want to come back to S1, it has so much more going for it.

Mac Pro 6.1 32 gig 1866 memory, 512G internal PCIe SSD, 2-480G OWC 3G SSD's in Thunderbolt case, twin D300video cards, 2 x Raven MTi2's, Pro Tools 12.4 | HD, UAD Apollo, 2 UAD Thunderbolt Satellite Octo's, RME ADI-4 DD, Yosemite 10.10.5, Studio One 3.5.1, outboard hardware via AES (Bricasti M7, 2 x Lexicon PCM92, TC Electronics M350 though homemade SRC). Neve Portico 5012, 5043, Lot's and lots of plug ins, Vienna Ensemble Pro, Vienna Instruments, VSL Special Edition Strings, DynAudio Bm6's and MB14S sub.
by dcarmich on Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:22 am
matthiaskaiser wroteI'm suffering from the same issue like georgelockwood. The "Use System DPI scaling" option (in german "System-DPI-Skalierung einschalten") in the Plugin context menu of Studio One is still not working as expected. Please refer to my screenshot below to see what happens when I apply this setting for any of my Waves Plugins.
S1 V5 - Problem - System DPI Mode - Waves Plugins.png

@Presonus, Arnd Kaiser: This particular feature (if working) would clear all ongoing discussions and confusion about HighDPI problems with 4k screens under Windows. It would allow all users to use S1 in HighDPI mode with the visual advantages you claim all the time, while being still being compatible (visually) with the "old" non-HighDPI desgined plugsins, that many vendors (like Waves, NI, Softube and many more -> shame on them!!) still place on the market.

Faithfully,
Matthias K.

PS: A comment I read in some other post suggesting to pick plugins by the fact whether the vendor implements a HigDPI design is simply ridiculous. No semi-professional or professional audio enineer would ever pick his plugins by visual aspects. Our focus is on audio.

Have you updated to Waves V11?

I'm hoping that this issue can be resolved soon myself. I'm a Mac user, but it would be reassuring to have Waves plugins work in HiDPI mode on Windows if I decide to switch to a PC.
Currently, Waves says in their support document (https://www.waves.com/support/waves-plugins-on-4k-displays) that you need to disable HiDPI on Windows to run Waves plugins in S1 (but it doesn't appear to have been updated for S1 5.)
by Bbd on Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:03 am
For HDI scaling issues, try this tool:

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=41221&p=242343#p242343

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by 60s Pop Man on Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:32 am
MIDI functionality has alway been the priority in the Mac DAW I have used over the years.

Starting with S1 2.5 Artist, the pattern was to get the latest S1 Pro updates, explore and enjoy, then step back thinking I really like S1 but it's not yet there for my full time use.

v4.5 grabbed my attention again, and now v5 with key switches and the score view has finally won me over!

The Sphere concept is not for me - I don't like subscriptions, but the tight integration of Presonus hardware and S1 is very appealing to me.

Compared to recent updates of my other DAW, I see S1 as the clear choice now and in the future.

So, there it is!

Cheers

M1 Mini (16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) / macOS 13.6 / S1 6.5 Pro / Melodyne 5 Editor / Notion 6.8.4 / Faderport 8, Eris 5
by Anderton on Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:13 pm
CSeye wrotev4.5 grabbed my attention again, and now v5 with key switches and the score view has finally won me over!

I've been trying out the polyphonic aftertouch editing, it's great. Also, I love that S1 is now MPE-compatible. It makes my LinnStrument very happy.

The Sphere concept is not for me - I don't like subscriptions, but the tight integration of Presonus hardware and S1 is very appealing to me.

It seems the main value is if you want all the add-ons (extensions, loop libraries, etc.) and especially, if you collaborate. I assume PreSonus recognized it would be fantastic for some people and not for others, which is probably why it's an option.

Digital storefront: craiganderton.com
Free educational site: craiganderton.org
Music: youtube.com/thecraiganderton
Studio One eBooks: shop.presonus.com
by 60s Pop Man on Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:43 pm
Anderton wroteIt seems the main value is if you want all the add-ons (extensions, loop libraries, etc.) and especially, if you collaborate. I assume PreSonus recognized it would be fantastic for some people and not for others, which is probably why it's an option.

All good points, to be sure.

I don't play out, but I am looking forward to exploring use of the Song page to sequence backing tracks to improve my guitar chops in various styles.

M1 Mini (16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) / macOS 13.6 / S1 6.5 Pro / Melodyne 5 Editor / Notion 6.8.4 / Faderport 8, Eris 5
by PreAl on Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:53 pm
[BUG] Studio One 5.0.1 (Windows 10), Midi Loop recording only keep notes of the first cycle

Repo'd.

viewtopic.php?f=151&p=243154#p243154

by PreAl on Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:14 pm
Minor UI bug setting up devices:
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=41372

119 postsPage 5 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6