Download from here:-
http://getpatched.co.uk/forumattachment ... _LSMod.zip

EDIT:- Latest version http://getpatched.co.uk/forumattachment ... Mod_v3.zip

And copy the 'Mackie_LSMod' folder into:-

Win
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 5\User Devices
or
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 4\User Devices

Not sure where they go on mac, it's in application support folders i think.

You then just remove your ports from the existing MIDI setup you have and find Mackie LSMod in the list and assign your ports to that. You can always return back to the default if you do it this way.

With this mapping, it will utilise the paging system added to S1 for Faderports (Around v4.5 i believe?) and displays it on the included skin. I've tweaked a few other elements to suit my workflow, here's a list of changes:-

Channel Left/Right
Change parameter page - (Use control link to map as per usual in 'plugin' mode)
Shift+Channel Left/Right or Option+Channel Left/Right
Toggles through tabs on windows - such as insert slots.

Using that combo allows you to quickly change pages and plugins for the focused track.

Shift+Bank Left/Right
Now acts as the old channel left/right button (i.e. steps one track at a time).
Option+Bank Left/Right
Scrolls through presets for the focused plugin (This is standard mapping).

Shift+Plugin button
Opens/closes inserts for the track.

Shift+Instrument
Opens/closes VST Instrument for the track. (Standard mapping)

With Scrub Held
Jog Wheel - quickly moves between tracks (i.e. cursor up/down) - this also allows you to browse plugin inserts quickly.*
Left/Right buttons - Moves existing loop range up or down the timeline.
Down button - Sets loop start
Up Button - Sets loop end

*Example of adding an insert to a track using the jog wheel:-
Press F5 on the Mackie (Add insert function)
Hold Scrub and turn the Jog wheel to browse the list
Press Enter key on MCU to load the insert

This is an early mapping, but i thought i'd share it now if anyone was wanting more parameter assignments for MCU based devices - Pages go up to 8 so that's 64 assignments per plugin available all with screen feedback.

I could also map the V pot select/presses (Rather than them being 'reset to default' buttons). But not sure if i can get that showing on the hardware display, can definitely get it on the remote skin though.

Any feedback or ideas would be cool, i'm going to pre-map all the presonus plugins if i get time.
Last edited by Skijumptoes on Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Win11 Desktop - Ryzen 7 / RTX 3070Ti UMC 1820 & Liquid Saffire 56 | Macbook M1 Pro 16" & Steinberg UR22C | Studio One v6
by auricle on Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:00 am
Thanks for this! I've sent you a PM with my suggestions.

Just for reference, Mac users will need to place the folder here:

Studio One 5
/Users/*username*/Library/Application Support/PreSonus/Studio one 5/User Devices/

Studio One 4
/Users/*username*/Library/Application Support/PreSonus Software/Studio one 4/User Devices/
by Skijumptoes on Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:47 pm
Ok, i've updated this mapping so that VSelects (Press down on the V pots knobs) can be mapped, and are also pageable.

http://getpatched.co.uk/forumattachment ... Mod_v2.zip

Again, copy Mackie_LSMod folder into:-

Win
C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 5\User Devices
or
C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 4\User Devices

Mac (As supplied above)
/Users/*username*/Library/Application Support/PreSonus/Studio one 5/User Devices/
or
/Users/*username*/Library/Application Support/PreSonus Software/Studio one 4/User Devices/

There's also an additional "Mackie LSMod Control.surfacedata" file included, these are converted factory mappings from the faderport 8, and should automatically copy across first time you create the control surface in Studio One.

Which, obviously will provide pre-mapped stock plugins.

New controls:-
The 'NAME/VALUE' button on the controller can be used to show VSelect mappings on the device and OSD. Pressing it will:

Change
[Line 1] VPot Parameter
[Line 2] VPot Value.
to
[Line 1] VPot Parameter
[Line 2] VSelect Parameter.

I can alternatively get the second option to display:-
[Line 1] VSelect Parameter
[Line 2] VSelect Value.

Not sure what i prefer yet, need to map some EQ's to find out as they will work with the vpot selects most.

Win11 Desktop - Ryzen 7 / RTX 3070Ti UMC 1820 & Liquid Saffire 56 | Macbook M1 Pro 16" & Steinberg UR22C | Studio One v6
by Skijumptoes on Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:33 pm
Tried to get it onto PreSonus exchange too, but it seems you need a signature file to be generated - asking support how to obtain that.

by Skijumptoes on Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:04 am
Third update:-
http://getpatched.co.uk/forumattachment ... Mod_v3.zip

1. Added ability to map to motorised faders
2. Made faders pageable too!
3. Adde "P", "S" and "F" labels to Remote skin (P=Vpots, S=VPot selects, F=Fader), so you can see what's mapped to each - not all plugins have very distinctive label names though.

Flip Mode now:-
Flips between Vpots and Fader mappings - Display on device will update to reflect vpots state.

Name button now:-
Mode 1 - displays Vpots label + Vpots value
Mode 2 - displays Vpots label + Fader label

I figured that having the Vpot and Fader displays were more crucial than the Vpot presses.

Note: I messed the skin up for hidpi displays, it's low quality - but i will fix this later.

Mapping EQ plugins is great with the added fader controls, as you can have gain on the faders and frequency on the vpots.

Very pleased with this, and makes any MCU powered device extremely flexible with S1 now! 128 Parameters can be mapped per plugin via the Faders and Knobs, with another 64 on top of that via the press button rotaries.

Have fun :)

by PtSkillz on Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 am
Im stuck after i moive the folder to the right spot. wher edo i chane the midi setting in the program?
by jameservin1 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:26 pm
Hey this is amazing!!!

Have you tried it with the Studio One 5.1 update. For some reason I am getting an error when I press the send button!

Any helpw ould huge!

Thanks
by zoltnbn on Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:56 pm
jameservin1

In MackieControl.js file in the LS_mod folder find line:

return mixerConsole.audioMixer.getMaxSlotCount (FolderID.kSendsFolder);

and change it to:

return mixerConsole.audioMixer.getMaxSlotCount (PreSonus.FolderID.kSendsFolder);

Send issue gone
by brianewell on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:22 pm
Thank you so much for doing this! This solves a problem I have been fighting for two years with my SSL Nucleus and Studio One. I'd still love if they allowed a grouped device to act as a single unit but this solution you provided has made things way better than they were before. It is much appreciated.
by pawelhebda on Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:20 am
Great work!!! Thank You
by db23 on Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:15 pm
Thanks for this gem of a mapping!! i even learned a little jscript in the process! 🤓

Windows 11 Pro x64, Studio One 5 Pro x64, Reason 12, Tascam US16x08, Softube Console 1, Behringer X-Touch Universal, Behringer BCR2000, Novation SL49-MKII, Akai MPC Studio, Korg TR-Rack, Roland Fantom-XR, Numark CDX x 2, Vestax VCI-380, Traktor Pro
by ericma2 on Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:45 pm
Oh wow this is awesome. I had no idea this existed. Going to try this out with the Avid Artist Mix. Maybe this will work with the Avid Transport! Always wanted a joy wheel

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3
by ivanyoung1 on Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:46 am
Hi. First of all, MANY thanks for creating the mod that allows multiple parameter pages in Studio One via MCU. It is a studio life saver & changer =)

However, I encountered an annoying issue. Im on Studio One 5.4.1 and I have no idea if this issue is specific to this version of Studio One...

Basically, there is no way to save the mapping. Every time the plugin is removed and added again, the mappings disappear. The issue does not appear with the regular MCU protocol.

Please help solve this.. Thanks!

leonseaman wroteThird update:-
http://getpatched.co.uk/forumattachment ... Mod_v3.zip

1. Added ability to map to motorised faders
2. Made faders pageable too!
3. Adde "P", "S" and "F" labels to Remote skin (P=Vpots, S=VPot selects, F=Fader), so you can see what's mapped to each - not all plugins have very distinctive label names though.

Flip Mode now:-
Flips between Vpots and Fader mappings - Display on device will update to reflect vpots state.

Name button now:-
Mode 1 - displays Vpots label + Vpots value
Mode 2 - displays Vpots label + Fader label

I figured that having the Vpot and Fader displays were more crucial than the Vpot presses.

Note: I messed the skin up for hidpi displays, it's low quality - but i will fix this later.

Mapping EQ plugins is great with the added fader controls, as you can have gain on the faders and frequency on the vpots.

Very pleased with this, and makes any MCU powered device extremely flexible with S1 now! 128 Parameters can be mapped per plugin via the Faders and Knobs, with another 64 on top of that via the press button rotaries.

Have fun :)
by gonzalodiaz4 on Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:06 am
Oh my god, this info is pure gold!!!! I know than we are in 2022, but, do you keep updating this mod ?
In this moment Im trying to assign the Vpots as Gain input mode. Do you if this is possible? Im studying the .JS file from faderport 8+16 , but honestly, It was so difficult....

Best Regards!
and thank you very much
by davidefelicetti on Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:14 am
Hi there
Is this working with Studion one 6?

I put the Mackie_LSMod folder in the C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 6\User Devices\Control but nothing happens

What should I see?

Thx

Davide Felix

Focusrite 18i20, Intel i712700K, 32GB DDRAM 5, icon Qcon ProG2 and Extender, Marshall JVM410H, Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, Bugera 1960, Fender, Strats and Teles, Ibanez Guitars

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCESNTM ... dVebK_7ybQ
by Skijumptoes on Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:33 am
davidefelicetti wroteHi there
Is this working with Studion one 6?

I've not been using Studio One since I made these mods, but just started up my Sphere sub again so will be playing with this at the weekend and will update the script if it needs any tweaks.

Right now, I haven't a clue, sorry! :)

by davidefelicetti on Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:09 am
Thx a lot mate!
Looking forward to your great work!
I'm currently owning a Icon QconG2Pro and the eXTENDER

Davide Felix

Focusrite 18i20, Intel i712700K, 32GB DDRAM 5, icon Qcon ProG2 and Extender, Marshall JVM410H, Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, Bugera 1960, Fender, Strats and Teles, Ibanez Guitars

by davidefelicetti on Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:00 am
I just open a topic on the MCU implementation.
I think how it was in Cakewalk was something to look at.

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=49557

Davide Felix

by gjvxxzmo on Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:02 pm
davidefelicetti wroteThx a lot mate!
Looking forward to your great work!
I'm currently owning a Icon QconG2Pro and the eXTENDER

Hi Davide,
I am using it with Studio One 6. It works. I have the X touch but it should work for you also. Write me a message for more details

Studio One 5, Behringer X touch with Extender
Focusrite Clarette 8Pre USB, Makie Big Knob,
Akai Mpk261, Roland TD17KVX, Kemper Profiler, Minilogue XD
by tomd1 on Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:43 am
Amazing Work!!! Do you know if this mod can work with a SSL UF8? It used MCU protocol too

41 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3