FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone,

I'm considering jumping in and getting a FaderPort 16 to use with Studio One 5. I do have a quick and easy question, though.

Does using pages for plugin parameters allow you to remap, so I can assign my own parameters for each page? Or using pages only available for the 'AutoFill' feature?

Thank you!
by Daw Stew on Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:58 pm
Unfortunately you can't edit the auto full plugins. I tend to find that I'm better off mapping them manually
by Baphometrix on Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:57 am
Um, You can indeed manually map whatever you want to each fader on every page.

I've never even bothered trying the "Auto-Fill", because I know that will result in some chaotic layout across multiple pages. There's usually only a handful of parameters for any given instrument/VST that I know I'll want to manipulate in realtime from my Faderport-8.

Studio One 5.2.x Pro (Sphere) | Bitwig 4.x | Ableton 10.x
Faderport 8 | ATOM SQ | MOTU M4 | Windows 10 | i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Geforce RTX 2070
by grantbarbour on Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:41 pm
Does no one else have issues when manually mapping parameters across 2 or more “pages”?

Intermittently, but frequently, the pages disappear and the FaderPort displays “page 1/1” and Im unable to bank through the patameters, instead of showing the usual “page 1/8”that I can bank through

It’s driving me MAD!!

Windows 10 i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 32GB RAM
Cranborne 500R8
Studio One Pro v5 (always latest release!)
by Daw Stew on Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:29 am
grantbarbour wroteDoes no one else have issues when manually mapping parameters across 2 or more “pages”?

Intermittently, but frequently, the pages disappear and the FaderPort displays “page 1/1” and Im unable to bank through the patameters, instead of showing the usual “page 1/8”that I can bank through

It’s driving me MAD!!

Hi Grant, i'm experiencing this problem as well. Basically the Faderport loses connection to the host. Its very annoying and its my only complaint about the device as i experience it quite a lot. I do however believe it can down to 3rd party plugins but i'm not able to trace the root cause.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1