11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Apologize if this has been posted several times. I'm a Cubase user testing the waters and messing around with S1 for the first time. I've noticed that when assigning multiple MIDI tracks to one instrument, the faders do not show up in the Mixer window. Is this outside of S1's realm as of now? I have massive orchestral templates that require multiple MIDI tracks to be assigned to one instance of Kontakt, and not having individual fader control over those tracks will be a huge dealbreaker for me.

Thanks!
by Tacman7 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:13 am
You have to turn on as many audio channels as you need.

Top center of the plugin is a dropdown to turn them on.

Then you have to assign instrument outputs inside the plugin to those audio channels.

audio channels.JPG

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by dylanmixer on Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:25 am
Thanks for the response. Hopefully S1 chooses to make that more intuitive in the future. Instead of simply creating 8 MIDI tracks that are all automatically routed to an instrument track, and connected to the mixconsole by name and color, I have to essentially set up the same tracks twice. Once in the timeline window and once in the Mixer.
by Tacman7 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:29 am
I usually set that up and use it in a song template.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by BobF on Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:24 am
Import Song Data is another way. ISD allows you to pick/choose track by track in case you already have a song going when the need arises.

ISD is similar to Track Templates found in other DAWs

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by ennbr on Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:38 am
Quick comment about template design. I have found in both Studio One and Cubase that having 16 instruments setup in one instance of Kontakt very CPU intensive. Especially when in most cases I would not be using more than 1 or 2 of the instruments in that instance of Kontakt. My current preference would be to have 16 instances of Kontakt running each with a single instrument. I then disable all off the tracks and only enable those instruments that I'm using for the song. This method reduces the load on the CPU and gives me individual Faders for each track plus I can better control the effect plugins on each instrument.

Bruce

Computers:
Mini PC Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 boot, 4TB data Win 11
Laptop ASUS Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 4TB SSD data Win 11
Software: Studio One Pro 6, Notion 6.8, Melodyne Studio 5
Audio Interfaces: Moto 1248, M4
External Storage: Samples 3x 2TB SSD's, Projects 4TB SSD
by Lokeyfly on Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:49 am
dylanmixer wroteThanks for the response. Hopefully S1 chooses to make that more intuitive in the future. Instead of simply creating 8 MIDI tracks that are all automatically routed to an instrument track, and connected to the mixconsole by name and color, I have to essentially set up the same tracks twice. Once in the timeline window and once in the Mixer.

Exactly as the guys mentioned. You would set up a template for that instrument, it's MIDI channels, etc. Save it as a template for future use. What seems to be less intuitive is simply the learning curve, which is pretty straight forward in general. You can also set up multiple instruments in numerous ways with Studio One. For example, drag another instrument from the browser on to an existing track. You are given the option to combine or replace the existing instrument. If combined, you have the possibility to mix right there, any of those combined instruments, order, FX, sidechain, macro's, etc. Extremely useful, but better/worse/intuitive is a matter of what one buys into towards their workflow. The more you use something, the better you can assess "intuitive".

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Jemusic on Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:44 pm
Firstly the instrument you add must have the capability of receiving on multiple midi channels plus also have the ability to create separate outputs for each.

With Kontakt for example you can insert one instance of Kontakt and then create multiple Instruments tracks pointing to that one instance. Within Kontakt you can set up multiple sounds and assign them to separate midi channels. Then the multiple Instrument tracks can also be set to transmit on separate midi channels for each.

Also within Kontakt you can create the multiple mono/stereo outputs for each part that is on its own channel. Then the multiple outputs from that one instance of Kontakt will all show up in the mixer.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Baphometrix on Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:17 pm
No one's mentioned it yet, but the way to set up a multi-output instrument as a re-usable instrument preset (instead of dedicating an entire song template to the setup) is to build it out in a Multi Instrument. Despite its name, you can have only a single instrument inside of a Multi Instrument. If you set up the desired multi-out channels for the instrument when it's inside a Multi Instrument, and then you save that entire thing as a new Multi Instrument preset, you'll find that everything is just as you built it when you add that Multi Instrument preset to a new project.

https://youtu.be/2Rd4uIGSJZY

Studio One 5.2.x Pro (Sphere) | Bitwig 4.x | Ableton 10.x
Faderport 8 | ATOM SQ | MOTU M4 | Windows 10 | i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Geforce RTX 2070
by Lokeyfly on Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:01 am
shannongreywalker wroteNo one's mentioned it yet, but the way to set up a multi-output instrument as a re-usable instrument preset (instead of dedicating an entire song template to the setup) is to build it out in a Multi Instrument. Despite its name, you can have only a single instrument inside of a Multi Instrument. If you set up the desired multi-out channels for the instrument when it's inside a Multi Instrument, and then you save that entire thing as a new Multi Instrument preset, you'll find that everything is just as you built it when you add that Multi Instrument preset to a new project.

https://youtu.be/2Rd4uIGSJZY

That's exactly how I store my Kontact, BFD2, Battery, and even Rewired drums through Reason. Good call, as we sometimes refer to template, when we could also call it a Multi Instrument. This where I was going when I mentioned earlier on about combining instruments, so I don't believe we missed anything.
You can also set up multiple instruments in numerous ways with Studio One.

Still, adding the video is real helpful to the OP understanding the build and store process, which has to happen at some point in any DAW. :)

Good attachment.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by ennbr on Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:26 am
I agree with everything stated in the thread but wanted to better clarify my earlier post
Create 2 templates each with 480 instruments in the templates

1 - First template setup 30 instances of Kontakt with 16 instruments per copy of Kontakt

2 - Second template setup 480 instances of Kontakt each with a single instrument but disabled all tracks

3 - From the first template Select 1 instrument in each of the 30 copies of Kontakt. The result you now have 480 active instruments running in Studio One (Note: Muting the unused instruments does not save on CPU)

4 - Now select the same 30 instruments in the second template by enabling the disabled tracks

Now of the two templates which one is using more CPU and Memory the one with 480 active instruments or the template with 30 active instruments

Bruce

Computers:
Mini PC Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 boot, 4TB data Win 11
Laptop ASUS Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 4TB SSD data Win 11
Software: Studio One Pro 6, Notion 6.8, Melodyne Studio 5
Audio Interfaces: Moto 1248, M4
External Storage: Samples 3x 2TB SSD's, Projects 4TB SSD

11 posts
Page 1 of 1