9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys

I have a MacBook Air 2015 that is on Catalina 10.15.2 and works fine (Once I updated the firmware) and thought id treat myself to a new MacBook Pro to get more out of my desk ( use logic).

I get the same popping and crackles I got with my MacBook Air before I updated the the firmware.the only difference I can see is I am on version 10.15.5 of Catalina

I have updated to the latest firmware and universal control but still got the same problem

Has anyone else had this and managed to overcome it or is it just the driver doesn't work with 10.15.5. (Thats what the Mac came with incidentally so I can't factory reset to a lower version.

Any help very gratefully received

Many Thanks for reading

Paul
by wahlerstudios on Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:50 pm
There are several problems reported with the new MacBooks and the latest OS and investigations are still ging on. There is no solution and no workaround. It could make sense to create a support ticket.

https://my.presonus.com > Support > Create A Ticket (orange button)
by paulgibson3 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:30 am
Thanks for the reply , I ve raised a ticket, I was so looking forward to using my new Mac In the studio , a warning for others I guess. Dont buy the new MacBook Pro 2020 just yet as they don’t work with studio live series 3 desks... pretty much a very expensive place mat at this point.... so disappointed ... hope it’s not long before It can be made to work.
by paulgibson3 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:54 am
Here is the reply from support

Your issue relates to the new Mac. There is no hardware fault with the mixer.

We're sorry you're having this issue, and we will be reporting this to the development team. Thank you for bringing this to our attention—feedback from customers like you is a critical asset to the improvement of our hardware and software!

We will alert you through a support ticket follow-up to notify you if and when an update is available and where to get it.

We recommend reading the latest release notes when our software is updated to see if your issue is resolved. You can find the latest release notes in your my.presonus.com account.

I am assuming that this will get sorted, a bit nervous about the if an update becomes available which suggests they may not fix this which is unsettling...

Anyway hope this helps someone else and I don’t find myself having to get rid of the desk as I really like it, not a lot of use to me though if it isn’t gonna be made compatible with the 2020 MacBook Pro

So for others if you have a MacBook Pro 2020 model it will not currently work with this desk.... I ll post again if and when I have it working
by paulgibson3 on Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:21 am
Ok, after much messing around and research .....

USB does not work and will not work currently with the studiolive series three stuff... however

Using AVB for audio does work, it does have limitations if you have additional external racks sucH as the 32r but it does at least mean you can use the desk with the new MacBook pro 2020 and seems pretty stable in my early tests.

Guide is here

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... -and-a-Mac

Hope that may help anyone else having the same issues I did until the updated firmware is released

Paul
by kjacks73 on Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:45 pm
Thanks for posting this, Paul. I didn’t even think of this as a possible workaround!
by paulgibson3 on Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:34 am
So nearly 2 years later … is this ever realistically going to be fixed or is it never going to work with a 2020 Mac?

Thanks
by PAE Seth on Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:30 am
This is an Apple issue. If you want it fixed, then contact them. It's their hardware and their issue to solve now.

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower
by jeffbruckner on Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:22 am

9 posts
Page 1 of 1