616 postsPage 28 of 31
1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
HopTzop wroteAlready on my latest drivers for audio/video, no asio4all, I use interfaces driver which is pretty great. The thing is the plugin opens fine, the right preset is selected, everything seems fine, but when I try to play, no sound, no meters jumping. Oh, also there is a click sound right after loading the project. Without that plugin, in that specific project, works fine so the project was recovered.

If I make a new project, add Xpand2, save and reload it, everything is ok. It only happens with old projects that were made before v4.6. I know at some point I updated Xpand2 and I know for sure I used the previous version in that project. I'm thinking that might be the issue.

Did you go into device manager and disable unnecessary sound devices?

Did you check to see if your firmware is up to date?
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/do ... 22mk2.html

Also do you have Pro Tools installed?

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by HopTzop on Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:57 am
As I said, it works fine in other new projects, just on that old one in which I used a previous version of Xpand2, I haven't opened that project until recent days.

Firmware, drivers, bios, everything is up to date. I don't have Pro Tools, never used it. I think if it was a driver problem, it should happen either way.

I will test more to see if this happens again with Xpand2, but I haven't managed to replicate it with a new project.

PreSonus Studio One 5 Pro
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.0Ghz Max Boost 3.7Ghz :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 :: Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8GB :: ADATA Ultimate SU650 480GB :: ADATA Ultimate SU650 960GB :: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm :: Windows 10 build 2004 64bit
--------------------
HP Omen-15-ce008nq :: Intel Core i7 7700hq 2.8 GHz Max Boost 3.8 GHz :: DDR4 8GB 2400Mhz :: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB :: Western Digital SSD 128GB :: HDD 1TB 7200rpm :: Windows 10 build 2004 64bit
--------------------
Steinberg UR22 mk II :: M-Audio Oxygen 49 3rd Gen :: M-Audio Keystation Mini 32
by myronfeltner on Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:31 pm
Anyone else find this "full update" lackluster?? Mix scenes are probably the best part of the update and the keyswitch lanes are cutting edge. But gain envelope, MPE, MTC sync, and a score editor are long overdue. And judging by others' responses, the whole show page isn't a big deal...not as big of a deal as live clips (like in Ableton, Logic Pro X, and DP) would've been. I would've even taken smooth seeking where playback rounds up to the bar when locating.

Without being too hard I have faith that Presonus will probably give us better goodies on a point update...maybe 5.2. I don't know if I would have made this the official 5 update vs the last point update for version 4.
by kevladd on Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:55 pm
Last edited by kevladd on Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by Skijumptoes on Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:12 pm
There's 3 factors that immediately hit me when i see people underwhelmed by this update.

1. It was finished during worldwide pandemic
2. Many of the features added have been community driven
3. There's an expected 2 years of updates to come now we've paid entry fee

If you compare Studio One v4 on release to v5 on release that's the real comparison between paid upgrades.

Maybe i'm a glass half full kinda guy. :)

Win11 Desktop - Ryzen 7 / RTX 3070Ti UMC 1820 & Liquid Saffire 56 | Macbook M1 Pro 16" & Steinberg UR22C | Studio One v6
by kevladd on Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:33 pm
Last edited by kevladd on Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by Anderton on Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:03 pm
myronfeltner wroteNot as big of a deal as live clips (like in Ableton, Logic Pro X, and DP) would've been.

Just an FYI...Ableton Live is one of the few DAWs that can be a ReWire host or client. Even the Lite version that comes for free with a lot of products can ReWire into Studio One (the Live Intro version is $99), and add clip looping functionality. I did this with Sonar for years, until they added the Matrix view.

Digital storefront: craiganderton.com
Free educational site: craiganderton.org
Music: youtube.com/thecraiganderton
Studio One eBooks: shop.presonus.com
by IanM5 on Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:45 pm
myronfeltner wroteAnyone else find this "full update" lackluster?? Mix scenes are probably the best part of the update and the keyswitch lanes are cutting edge. But gain envelope, MPE, MTC sync, and a score editor are long overdue. And judging by others' responses, the whole show page isn't a big deal...not as big of a deal as live clips (like in Ableton, Logic Pro X, and DP) would've been. I would've even taken smooth seeking where playback rounds up to the bar when locating.

Without being too hard I have faith that Presonus will probably give us better goodies on a point update...maybe 5.2. I don't know if I would have made this the official 5 update vs the last point update for version 4.

Kinda how I feel too. It's a perfectly decent release but nothing is grabbing me and they haven't quite gone far enough with some of the additions. The score view is most welcome but you can't print from it. The Show Page has promise but lacks in several ways. A version of Live's Session view would be a killer addition to that page but instead it's all a bit static focussing mostly on reconfiguring stuff between songs and a few performance knobs.

One worry I do have is that they will divert resources towards adding goodies and froth to Sphere to keep the subscribers happy so we might see a slow down in the progress of the main DAW.

So for all these reasons I'll watch and wait for the next point update. Or the one after!

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by HopTzop on Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:02 am
I got v5.0, but I feel the same. Features in this version aren't as big of a deal as it was with v4.0, at least for me. Besides Listen Bus (for room correction) and mix scenes, I won't use the rest. But I'm sure some of the features they wanted to add, weren't ready because of the pandemic and they decided to release it with fewer features adding the rest in future updates.

PreSonus Studio One 5 Pro
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.0Ghz Max Boost 3.7Ghz :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 :: Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8GB :: ADATA Ultimate SU650 480GB :: ADATA Ultimate SU650 960GB :: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm :: Windows 10 build 2004 64bit
--------------------
HP Omen-15-ce008nq :: Intel Core i7 7700hq 2.8 GHz Max Boost 3.8 GHz :: DDR4 8GB 2400Mhz :: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB :: Western Digital SSD 128GB :: HDD 1TB 7200rpm :: Windows 10 build 2004 64bit
--------------------
Steinberg UR22 mk II :: M-Audio Oxygen 49 3rd Gen :: M-Audio Keystation Mini 32
by PreAl on Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:05 am
Poly pressure is an interesting one to observe. They sell controllers with poly pressure, a DAW with poly pressure but not a single instrument they supply has poly pressure.

However no complaints .. got what I wanted and will go third party, but I suspect people would have got a lot more excited if they had promoted this with at least one working instrument.

I partially feel that this all came out a year too early. Presonus generally has good joined up thinking. Still I will be upgrading.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Skijumptoes on Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:37 am
kevladd wroteI'm happy with v4.6 but there are things they could add that would really improve my workflow. All have been covered in other threads and I feel pretty good about the chances they will add enough for me to go to v5.5 ;)
I'm a glass FULL kind of a guy. No half pours for me. :D

Haha brilliant.

...and you know what?

You may even get your FULL glass at HALF price if you wait it out. :)

Win11 Desktop - Ryzen 7 / RTX 3070Ti UMC 1820 & Liquid Saffire 56 | Macbook M1 Pro 16" & Steinberg UR22C | Studio One v6
by bruceqld on Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:08 am
myronfeltner wroteAnyone else find this "full update" lackluster??

I would suggest perhaps a little half baked. The show page has great potential, but is not quite there yet (no midi output, no lyric view, no flexible looping option). The mix scenes are a great feature, but need to deal with automation. The score editor is a little light on features.

All a great start though! No doubt these things will improve over time.

Studio One 5.11 Pro, Win 10, Asus ROG i7, 32 Gb Ram, SSD, RME Fireface UFX, X32, Atom, Faderport USB
by Vocalpoint on Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:05 am
bruceqld wroteThe show page has great potential, but is not quite there yet (no midi output, no lyric view, no flexible looping option).

I am still a little confused/stunned that Presonus clearly poured thousands of hours into the "Show" concept when it is quite clear (from a COVID perspective) that there will not be any live "Shows" for many months - or possibly years without the rest of the entire world falling in line with vaccines etc.

Not exactly sure how anyone would derive any value from that piece of v5 for the foreseeable future.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by Skijumptoes on Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:18 am
There's far more people streaming live now, that's what the show page can really help with - if you imagine a show page feeding it's output to OBS - it's a fantastic tool for people to play out live (Youtube/Facebook/Insta/Twitch) while they can't play at real live venues.

Also, it has got MIDI output - I play my Yamaha through it via a master controller.

However, it lacks useful options like patch changes, and i don't think you can even specify the same external instrument to be a different channel for different songs to swap patches that way. :(

by j0001s on Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:51 am
Vocalpoint wrote
bruceqld wroteThe show page has great potential, but is not quite there yet (no midi output, no lyric view, no flexible looping option).

I am still a little confused/stunned that Presonus clearly poured thousands of hours into the "Show" concept when it is quite clear (from a COVID perspective) that there will not be any live "Shows" for many months - or possibly years without the rest of the entire world falling in line with vaccines etc.

Not exactly sure how anyone would derive any value from that piece of v5 for the foreseeable future.

VP

Well, they were probably very close to completion when Covid hit. I'm sure that the team working on it weren't exactly happy.

Some of us are using this time to rejig our live acts. That's going to take some time, and having Show now is a good thing.
by Tmothy on Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:55 pm
Vocalpoint wrote

VP

I totally sympathize with this fact. Probably won't be many live shows for quite some time. Presonus are big into house sound. Many of these venues have shows built around automated sound. Music ques and such are a normal part of the show. Ties in well with their mixing board pro house line of products in my opinion. I don't believe they were really thinking as much about the Ableton crowd. Who knows? Maybe they will be adding similar features in the future.
The performance page could have application for podcasts live streams and similar. I mean, it's a potential audio feed into anything.

The biggest challenge with anything like this is setting up "the show". Depending on the complexity. There are so many things you can do with it once set up though. Pretty amazing really. It's an audio files player that allows for arrangement, a vsti host. You can run your guitars through it and use Ampire live. Bands can use it as a stage mixer. One man shows can use it as the ultimate backing band. If it allows scene changes you could have it put in different keyboard setups with each scene. All of this could be done with a controller mapped to a laptop.
by Anderton on Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:59 pm
For Ableton fans, in addition to the ReWire option, don't forget you can trigger loops in Impact. The biggest limitation is that it doesn't have the equivalent of Live's scenes, but it works well for building something like a drum part with loops.

Digital storefront: craiganderton.com
Free educational site: craiganderton.org
Music: youtube.com/thecraiganderton
Studio One eBooks: shop.presonus.com
by bruceqld on Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:04 pm
leonseaman wroteAlso, it has got MIDI output - I play my Yamaha through it via a master controller.

:(

Really? If you could point me to where I can do even the even the most basic task of importing a single midi track and configuring the midi output would be great:) I suspect you are setting the bar a bit low for declaring midi output capability.

Studio One 5.11 Pro, Win 10, Asus ROG i7, 32 Gb Ram, SSD, RME Fireface UFX, X32, Atom, Faderport USB
by PreAl on Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:19 pm

Vocalpoint wroteI am still a little confused/stunned that Presonus clearly poured thousands of hours into the "Show" concept when it is quite clear (from a COVID perspective) that there will not be any live "Shows" for many months - or possibly years without the rest of the entire world falling in line with vaccines etc.

VP

https://discover.ticketmaster.co.uk/mus ... igs-49794/

by Skijumptoes on Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:26 pm
bruceqld wroteReally? If you could point me to where I can do even the even the most basic task of importing a single midi track and configuring the midi output would be great:) I suspect you are setting the bar a bit low for declaring midi output capability.

I suspect you've never played live with Mainstage before? The show page is not a MIDI sequencer, and never intended to be. That's what the main project page is for in S1.
It is however, lacking program change and patch selections which is crucial.

616 postsPage 28 of 31
1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31