190 postsPage 8 of 10
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
kerryvance wroteMy resolution is set for 1920 x 1200 (recommended) and yes, all 8 of the color groups are displayed. When I try loading the Default Set, nothing happens
A display resolution of 1920 × 1200 pixels provides a 16:10 screen aspect ratio. A display resolution of 1920 × 1080 pixels provides a 16:9 screen aspect ratio. The reason I asked for your screen resolution is because Studio One will make adjustments to what's displayed based on screen resolution. I'm not sure why it's not working for you but don't have a way to test a 1920 x 1200 resolution. Maybe someone who does can confirm here that the Track Colors toolbar works for them.

Another thing to try would be to delete the "trackcolors.package" file from the Scripts folder and re add it. Download it again if you think it may be corrupted. Be sure to close out of Studio One when you do this!

kerryvance wrote (I tried uploading a larger jpg and got a dialog box telling me the maximum size had to be no more than 800 pixels wide and 600 pixels high).
I'm not sure what you mean by trying to upload a larger jpg file? The Tracks Colors toolbar allows you to import a color template (Color Set or Hex Colors) but they are simple text files (not images).

Example Hex Colors File
*** Any line with an asterisk will be ignored
0000cc
*** Make note, blue, red, whatever
0000ff
*** Make note
0033cc
0033ff
*** Make note
0066cc
0066ff
*** Make note
0099cc
0099ff
00cc00
*** Make note
00cc33
00cc66
00cc99
00cccc
00ccff
*** Make note
9900cc
*** Make note
9900ff

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by kerryvance on Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:12 pm
Thank you again, Trucky. The jpgs that I was trying to upload were just my effort to show you what things look like in Studio One when I am trying to get the colors toolbar to work.

Windows 10 (Home) - Dell XPS8930
Intel(R) Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz / 6 cores / 16.0 GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050 Ti
Presonus Studio One Professional 5.5.2
Focusrite Clarett 4PRE USB
by paul shire on Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:31 pm
Jemusic wroteI have just checked this and it is all OK. Download the package, put it inside your scripts folder (inside the Presonus folder) Reboot Studio One and it should all be there.

Note when you update Studio One, these extra scripts can get wiped out for some reason and they revert back to the install scripts. After an update you may need to put them back in.

Help, Last week i was able to install Lawrence's color pack and it worked well.
Somehow it is gone now.
Reinstalled today, i see its in the Scripts folder - but does not appear after restart on my current song.
Started an new empty song restarted the whole computer and it does not appear there either.
any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks

Imac 27" late 2013 3.4 i5 32 GB Memory
Two Quantums Studio ONE 4.6
by paul shire on Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:27 pm
Jemusic wroteI have just checked this and it is all OK. Download the package, put it inside your scripts folder (inside the Presonus folder) Reboot Studio One and it should all be there.

Note when you update Studio One, these extra scripts can get wiped out for some reason and they revert back to the install scripts. After an update you may need to put them back in.

Thank You very much, it worked the 4th time i cycled thru the whole process. I appreciate your quick response.

Imac 27" late 2013 3.4 i5 32 GB Memory
Two Quantums Studio ONE 4.6
by BezowinZ on Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:53 am
Trucky wrote
BezowinZ wroteI currently have tracks, events and channels colored with the sub par options available and would like to keep with that theme.

There's multiple color setting options in Studio One 4.6.1 that can impact the Color Tracks add-on. For me, when I click on a channel or track it updates both with my color choice. With the Event button enabled it only colors the event.

Can you post a screenshot describing your request regarding "track, event, channels colored with sub par options" and what color setting options you have enabled?
Now that I've attempted to use this script, I realize I didn't ask this in enough detail. The answer I got pages back that these colors can't be applied to console tracks was correct. Unless a console track is also represented in the arranger, these colors can NOT be applied, unless someone can explain something I'm missing. But I cannot select a console track and apply these colors.

My "problem" is I have multi-output VI tracks that show in the console by default, but not in the arranger. Adding automation to them so they show in the arranger, only to have to take additional steps to hide them in folders is more work than it's worth, especially since...

Though these colors are better, they don't solve a secondary problem I have with there not being enough difference between colors. Though I've experimented to address it, I'm sure there's something about my appearance settings that contributes to this. As of now, I have to go 2 shades away to see the SLIGHTEST difference. The colors don't appear on my tracks as they do on the "color wheel".

I hope Presonus addresses the 1st issue at some point. Or is it the script?
I hope I can figure out how to address the 2nd issue.

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
3.6GHz 8-Core i9, 64GB RAM, iMac, OS 10.14.6
2.8GHz 4-Core i7, 16GB RAM, MBP, OS 12.6
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT
by antokovacic on Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:34 am
Wonderful script, thanks Lawrence! Is there any chance to make this work in Studio One 3.5.6? I get it in the toolbar, but when I click on the color, I get the error message, like in the picture.
s1-3-t-colors.png
s1-3-t-colors.png (3.24 KiB) Viewed 8130 times

Studio One Professional 5.3
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
RAM 16,0GB
by waynerose1 on Sun May 10, 2020 3:29 pm
Hi Lawrence,

Noticed this Track Colors toolbar was posted a little over a year ago. Downloaded and installed it on my Mac. Does what it says on the tin. Especially useful if one develops his/her own custom hex sets. Very helpful. Thanks very much indeed.

Just discovered how the "E" (Color only selected events) button works. That's a feature I use often. Excellent.

I understand the use of hex to define a color set, e.g. the X11 color set. But how is the "color set" file, referred to in Import and Export Color Set different? Are these RGB or sRGB color sets using triple digit decimal numbers? Or is this a different color set, but also using hex? Could you please post an example of the "color set" file?

And finally, what is the master color set used in Studio One? Is it X11 or something else? What set will be read accurately?

The toolbar app is great. I just need some info to develop my own sub-pallete for the way I use S1.

Again, thanks very much,
Wayne

Mac Pro 2.8 GHz 8-core (2008) 32 GB
iPad 4 9.7", iPad Pro 3 12.9"
Pro Tools 12, Studio One 5.5.2, Reaper, Melodyne 5
Sibelius 7.5, Notion 6.8.2
Focusrite LS56, Yamaha 01V96,
Pro Tools Control, Studio One Remote, Lemur
by waynerose1 on Tue May 12, 2020 2:48 pm
Couple o' more quick comments/questions:

1. How do I open the RGB adjustment panel on Mac? I just opened it accidentally, and love it. But can't seem to repeat the functionality. Please and thanks. -> Found it! Left click the black bar above the color swatch. Lightening the darkest swatches makes them all visible and offers virtually limitless choice.

2. This might help some who are having issues with screen resolution. I just discovered that the color toolbar is detachable. Which means it can be moved anywhere on the display. Bonus!

I don't know how easy or difficult it is, but one further improvement might be to make the detached window display either horizontal or vertical by dragging a corner or end. It wouldn't have to freely resize, just flip between horizontal and vertical, since the amount of content doesn't vary. That said, Lawrence, I understand if it's not worth your valuable time at this point.

3. One issue I'm having is not being able to see the darkest colors, usually the leftmost two in a group. I thought maybe making the toolbar background lighter might help, but it doesn't show through the color swatches, so no difference.

The problem seems to be that the black borders around each swatch blend with the toolbar background. Could they be easily made white? This would give better definition to the individual swatches. Edit: The solution from #1 helps this. Although a lighter border around each swatch would still be a good idea imho. :)

I apologize for the asks, Lawrence, and completely understand if neither is doable right now. I so appreciate the work you've put into this so far, and to offer it to S1 users for free, is incredibly magnanimous. Not to mention resourceful.

Thank you, again.

Mac Pro 2.8 GHz 8-core (2008) 32 GB
iPad 4 9.7", iPad Pro 3 12.9"
Pro Tools 12, Studio One 5.5.2, Reaper, Melodyne 5
Sibelius 7.5, Notion 6.8.2
Focusrite LS56, Yamaha 01V96,
Pro Tools Control, Studio One Remote, Lemur
by steveprosise on Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:12 pm
Lawrence,

Just stumbled on your color script - It works great and just want to say thank you (much appreciated). 8-)
by ignacioricolpez on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:19 pm
Just discovered now, amazing work.

@Trucky, I have dowloaded your other daws hex zip, I love it, but i think something is wrong.
The file loads fine, but only 3, 4 or 5 groups of colors loads, the rest of colors are on a grey color, like missing colors issue.
If I open with notepad for example the Cubase hex color files, appears that:

*** Cubase Default Hex Track Colors (1-16)
*** Group 1
e63737
e67837
e6bb3b
d5e94c
8ee637
*** Group 2
4fd93c
35de5f
33d799
30cccc
40a9e9
*** Group 3
5e81eb
776aee
a056eb
ce44e6
e637ba
*** Group 4
e6377c
42464c
42464c
42464c
42464c
*** Group 5
42464c
42464c
42464c
42464c
42464c
*** Group 6
42464c
42464c
42464c
42464c
42464c
*** Group 7
42464c
42464c
42464c
42464c
42464c
*** Group 8
42464c
42464c
42464c
42464c
42464c

In other words, from second line of group 4, "42464c" color repeats to the final line of group 8.
Am I missing something?
I think your idea is pretty, the colours (for Cubase, Logic, Ableton, ProTools) looks very nice and close to originals, but I want the rest of the colors.
What can I do?

Thanks dude.

Windows 10 - Amd Ryzen 2600 - 16gb Trident Z Ram @3200mhz - Nvidia Gtx 1060 6Gb - 512Gb SSD + 2Tb Hdd
Solid State Logic SSL2 - Ableton Push - Krk Rokit 5 G4 - Beyerdynamic Dt 990 Pro - Audio Technica ATH-M30x - Behringer Ha400 Rode Nt1-A - Nektar Impact LX49+ - Presonus Faderport V2 - Behringer BCR2000
by Trucky on Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:22 pm
That's because at the time I did this, those DAWs had less than 40 colors in their color palette.

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by [email protected] on Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:02 am
Recently updated to Studio one 5 and the .package is throwing an exception when I open any project, and then when I close studio one 5, does any one else have this issue in version 5 and possibly a fix? It's the error reported in above post, scripting in panel.js. Should also add this is on mac OSX Mojave, Haven't checked it on windows. Thx.
by dennistriplett on Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:55 pm
This looks interesting. I am saving to see if this works with V5. I just upgraded to it and really don't like its hard colors.

Dennis
by Trucky on Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:26 pm
[email protected] wroteRecently updated to Studio one 5 and the .package is throwing an exception when I open any project, and then when I close studio one 5, does any one else have this issue in version 5 and possibly a fix? It's the error reported in above post, scripting in panel.js. Should also add this is on mac OSX Mojave, Haven't checked it on windows. Thx.

It may be a Mac issue as it works fine for me on Windows 10 (2004).

by rodshort on Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:45 pm
Man, I sure wish Presonus would just give us total control of track colors. I would REALLY like to be able to have less saturated, less opaque, more pastel background colors on tracks. The current track colors are so harsh and rude.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by garyshepherd on Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:16 am
rodshort wroteMan, I sure wish Presonus would just give us total control of track colors. I would REALLY like to be able to have less saturated, less opaque, more pastel background colors on tracks. The current track colors are so harsh and rude.

You should probably vote for this on the suggestions page - although Presonus don't regard colours as a "serious" issue and seem to ignore the requests - witness the confused order of colours in the colour palette. Hence having to use the Track Colours package kindly provided by the user.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by artjohnson on Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:48 pm
I really, really, really like having this visual flexibility. Helps me to see things in a much more organized way. For me, aesthetic is as important as the workflow. It's all about inspiration and this definitely helps. Thanks! Now comes the request...any way you could add a Saturation slider? I love having loads of color choices and pallets. But I prefer they be subtle. I turn my display brilliance way down to mellow the screen. And I think adding a Sat slider to this sweet little unsung gem of a script would round it out nicely. Whuddyasay?
by Trucky on Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:04 pm
artjohnson wroteI really, really, really like having this visual flexibility. Helps me to see things in a much more organized way. For me, aesthetic is as important as the workflow. It's all about inspiration and this definitely helps. Thanks! Now comes the request...any way you could add a Saturation slider? I love having loads of color choices and pallets. But I prefer they be subtle. I turn my display brilliance way down to mellow the screen. And I think adding a Sat slider to this sweet little unsung gem of a script would round it out nicely. Whuddyasay?

OK. I'm curious to see what 40 colors you've picked for your Color Set?
Please upload and share your color set file here.

by artjohnson on Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:30 am
OK. I'm curious to see what 40 colors you've picked for your Color Set?
Please upload and share your color set file here.[/quote]

I just dropped the script into Studio 5 yesterday evening. made a couple of tweaks to be...I don't know..."amazed" I might say, and then I had to work the song. Unfortunately this song had only five tracks, so the colorizing and organizing will come later. I have plenty to mix, some band-like, some orchestral, so there will be loads of choices to make and "set". On top of that, I'm slow and have a tendency to change my mind. Soon as I can, I'll gladly share. Would love to have a "Sat" slider to make it even more "official." Thanks for this.
by anubhavukil on Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:34 am
Lawrence wroteHere's a toolbar add-on that allows you to create, store, import and export custom color sets of 40 colors using any RGB colors to color tracks or events.

It's use is self explanatory but if you want to create a series of the same shade like in the sample image turn on 'Hold' and then use Next (or Prev) Color to hold the RGB values while moving to the next or previous item before making it lighter (or darker).

To install this, put it in the application \scripts folder and restart Studio One.

------------------------------
Update 1.0.0.7a: Fixed wrong colors on color selected events.
trackcolors.package
------------------------------

Hi Great and mighty Lawrence, can you make the 'Only Color Selected Events' toggle-button available as a Keycommand ( The 'E' button on the Track Color Panel.)
That way, we can have two Macros like this.

1. Macro 1 (named, 'Color Tracks')
a. View|Colour Tool Bar (Argument = 1)

2. Macro 2 (Named, 'Color Event')
a. View|Colour Tool Bar (Argument = 1)
b. Event|Only Color Selected Events (argument = 1)

190 postsPage 8 of 10
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10