5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I think it's a great idea and does a lot, but I think they missed the boat by not having a pedal connection, we only have so many hands. Also I think it would have been much better in a larger form factor...I know they wanted to keep the size down, but they already have the regular Atom in a small form factor

I also hope the thing will time out and shut off..or at least have the option to

So <for me> I;m just staying with my Atom pad..and my Native a49 keyboard......with expression pedal..and Orba (whenever that gets here)
by Jemusic on Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:10 pm
Either ATOM or ATOM SQ works very nicely in conjunction with the new Faderport 2. (Single Channel) Faderport has the pedal input.

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.2 (Mac), Notion 6.7, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by robertgray3 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:30 pm
Jemusic wroteEither ATOM or ATOM SQ works very nicely in conjunction with the new Faderport 2. (Single Channel) Faderport has the pedal input.

That is a foot switch input. The OP said they want to use an expression pedal.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by Jemusic on Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:42 pm
Yes you are correct. I have not been reading some posts properly! I guess if your keyboard controller has expression pedal inputs that is the place to put them in. My Kurzweil controller has two for example and they are always being sent over midi so they can be easily mapped.

There is always something like this that can add it into your midi data stream:

http://midisolutions.com/prodped.htm

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.2 (Mac), Notion 6.7, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by PreAl on Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:52 am
I agree with the OP here. Would have loved to have seen an expression pedal socket even if it makes it bigger, and a footswitch... oh yes, and a bloody on/off button ;)

There are of course workarounds.

Maybe we will get them with an "Atom Studio" one day.

Studio One Pro 5, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom Pad, Atom SQ, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).

Intel i9 9900K, 32GB RAM,
EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1