2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Trying out Capture Duo with Apogee One as the interface. In a new project, Duo automatically sets the first track for input 1 of the Apogee and track 2 to input 2 of the Apogee.

Recording into track 1 works fine. Trying to record onto track 2 does nothing. The playhead moves, but no recording is added to the track. It is not recording silence. It is simply not creating an event on the track at all.

The level meter and monitoring for input 2 on track 2 DO work.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug? I’m hesitant to buy Capture if it might have this same problem.
by stevejorgensen on Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:05 pm
Immediately after posting the preceding, I figured out the solution. The internal monitoring was enabled for that input in the Apogee One. I muted that using the Apogee Maestro app, and now recording from input 2 works in Duo.

I have no idea why that made any difference since Duo clearly receives data from that input in either case. The level meter shows the input, and enabling input monitoring for that track in Duo made the level louder in headphones (software monitoring + hardware monitoring).

2 posts
Page 1 of 1