AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
18 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've tried everything....it's been a week and I'm getting pretty fed up with this thing. I am running windows 8.1 and every time i try to run the driver installer it tell me:

"No device has been found.
Plug in your AudioBox device. If a device is already plugged in, unplug and replug it. Wait for any system device installers to complete.Then try installing driver again."

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I've updated my computers BIOS, windows updates..EVERYTHING and I still can't get it to work...somebody please help..i'm gonna lose it and throw this damn thing through my window any minute now.

AMD FX-6100 Six-Core 3.3GHz, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
by cristofe on Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:18 pm
It could be any number of things. Have you optimized your pc for audio production?
Have you disabled wi-fi? Are you plugged into a USB2 or USB3 port? Did you install the drivers
from the included disc? Or did you download and use the drivers from this site? That being said
we cannot help you without a bit more info......if you will post your system specs (see my sig), we
will be better able to trouble shoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what DAW etc....we can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL, register your Audiobox and open a
tech support ticket. They'll get you sorted.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by erikekblad on Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:05 am
Have you seen this? viewtopic.php?f=164&t=354
by GunnyTunes on Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:36 pm
I have the same problem as well. My Audiobox USB works on my crappy intel atom Win7 netbook. Simply plugging it Windows identifies the device. However with my main laptop running Win8.1 I keep getting device not recognized from Windows and the same error from the installer as the original post.

I know from trying it on the netbook that the unit is not defective and that it's not a cable problem. But I can't seem to do anything with it on my main laptop. I tried all the USB ports on my laptop (3 USB3.0 and 2 USB2.0) ports but no luck.

Has anyone managed to do anything about this?

EDIT: I did try all the links posted in that thread, no luck :(
by cameronstevick on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:02 pm
We are having the same problem. The computer (win7) states that audiobox is installed but when we start Studio, the device is unknown and the control panel is greyed out so you cant search for it. This is DAY 4 of trying to get this thing to work. We have done everything listed above including submitting a work ticket. I have even uninstalled the Adiobox USB and reinstalled it with no luck. This was a christmas gift for my son and we were told it was a plug and go program, this is not the case. I even purchased a laptop with an abundance of memory (which I had purchased)to be used JUST FOR THIS and he has yet to be able to play with it. I took the entire system back to the music store for help and they sat there for hours the day after christmas trying to figure it out, we even called presonus and got told that they close at 5pm. This is very frustrating. :thumbdown: not happy at all, need help!!!
by smcatlin on Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:03 pm
I tried several times to download this new driver and it has been giving me the same issues. So for right now I am sicking to the previous driver. Downloaded with no problem. :thumbup:
by Jens.j on Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:34 pm
I have the same problem. The Audiobox worked on the old computer but when I got the new one with Windows 8 I too got “device not recognized”.
I have tried everything for the past 9 months - I have opened a tech support ticket and tried all their solutions, tried all the advices on this forum and I have contacted the Danish distibutor, but still no working Audiobox with win 8.
by jpettit on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:19 pm
New forum people, please add your system specs to your signature.
See mine for a link.
It is hard to help especially interface issues without going into OS, Interface hardware, drivers versions and USB ports etc.
Thanks

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by jackmidkiff on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:35 pm
I also had this problem when I discovered when you plug in the USB cable Windows updates searches for the drivers and fails, as soon as the install bubble pops up click it and click disable windows update search. Worked for me on the Install but now I am working to figure out why the terrible audio crackle and distortion.

Acer Aspire ATC-605-UW2U Desktop Windows 7 64bit 4460 i5 processor 1TB 8GB DDR3
Presonus audiobox usb with Studio One.
by thedoctor89 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:51 am
cristofe wroteIt could be any number of things. Have you optimized your pc for audio production?
Have you disabled wi-fi? Are you plugged into a USB2 or USB3 port? Did you install the drivers
from the included disc? Or did you download and use the drivers from this site? That being said
we cannot help you without a bit more info......if you will post your system specs (see my sig), we
will be better able to trouble shoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what DAW etc....we can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL, register your Audiobox and open a

Tried plugging it into both USB2 and USB3 port, I also bought a USB HUB and tried that...still didn't work.I tried installing drivers from both the cd and the one ones online. I read the manual...and I registered it and opened a ticket. Also put some info on my pc in my sig...thanks for the tip there
Anyone have any luck with this issue yet?

by thedoctor89 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:06 pm
I just called tech support. They explained that it is a hardware issue and I need to ship them my interface (on their dime of course) to fix the issue...I have no idea how that works but it looks like my only option. Now the issue is that the form I was sent says US only for shipping...and I'm in Canada

by garrettduncan on Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:05 pm
I have a dell computer and I can't get the extras to download. I have windows 10 and am registered with presonus! Could it be internet connection?
by SLAPPADom on Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:46 am
I hate to rehash such an old thread, but I've been using the 1818 for 4.5 years, same computer (Gateway DX4860, windows 7), same USB port, use this interface almost everyday- and for some reason, today when I fired it up, Studio One tells me it cannot start / identify the 1818. I have uninstalled the original drivers (that I had since 2012) 8 times, I did a system restore setting it back 4 days ago (when Microsoft did it's last update) I've reinstalled the driver from the Presonus website and from the disc - half of the times I've reloaded the software Windows tells me the driver software was not successfully installed, and the other 4 times it says it loaded and then when I start Studio One, it says the device isn't there / isn't working properly. I've tried to do a firmware update and that also will not take - giving me a message that there was a problem. When I check the devices on the computer (playback devices) it shows the Realtek speakers (that came loaded on the computer) and it will show the Audiobox for 5 seconds, then it goes away - then it comes back, then goes away (keeps flashing as if it's there, the disappears). It's 6 AM, I've been at this since 10:30 PM the night before and I'm about to throw this box in the trash. It's unreal that just 2 days ago I bought a couple of new preamps (supposed to be delivered later today) and when I told the seller what interface I was using he said "really, Presonus" - my response was - "I've had this thing for almost 5 years and never a problem" - then right on queue this happens. I've opened a ticket and hope to get help on Monday, but really, since I have these new preamps coming later today, I'd really like to find a fix ASAP. This is not only frustrating that all of the sudden it stopped working, but really puts a damper on my using these new pre's being delivered today.

Thanks in advance
by ivanbuljan on Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:40 am
cameronstevick wroteWe are having the same problem. The computer (win7) states that audiobox is installed but when we start Studio, the device is unknown and the control panel is greyed out so you cant search for it. This is DAY 4 of trying to get this thing to work. We have done everything listed above including submitting a work ticket. I have even uninstalled the Adiobox USB and reinstalled it with no luck. This was a christmas gift for my son and we were told it was a plug and go program, this is not the case. I even purchased a laptop with an abundance of memory (which I had purchased)to be used JUST FOR THIS and he has yet to be able to play with it. I took the entire system back to the music store for help and they sat there for hours the day after christmas trying to figure it out, we even called presonus and got told that they close at 5pm. This is very frustrating. :thumbdown: not happy at all, need help!!!

Dont raise hopes to much. You will probably be left aside without help.
3months I was trying to start my brand new interface,with all that I need,by myself and by tips given to me by tech support and no thing hapened.
by ivanbuljan on Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:42 am
cristofe wroteIt could be any number of things. Have you optimized your pc for audio production?

What do you mean by "optimising pc for audio production"?
Last edited by ivanbuljan on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by ivanbuljan on Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:28 am
thedoctor89 wroteI've tried everything....it's been a week and I'm getting pretty fed up with this thing. I am running windows 8.1 and every time i try to run the driver installer it tell me:

"No device has been found.
Plug in your AudioBox device. If a device is already plugged in, unplug and replug it. Wait for any system device installers to complete.Then try installing driver again."

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I've updated my computers BIOS, windows updates..EVERYTHING and I still can't get it to work...somebody please help..i'm gonna lose it and throw this damn thing through my window any minute now.

How to update bios?
by quynhle on Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:56 am
Me too, one night, one day for fix it.

FInally I can connect Audiobox with Win 7
Use this update Window for it
You have to install 2. If one already have on your computer, let install the rest.
Window Update have to be open.

Then, you just need to install the newest driver from Presonus, and then restart computer.
Plugin Audiobox. Everything is done.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2rgps1mo ... x.rar/file
by davidwatson21 on Mon May 04, 2020 10:22 am
New AudioBox USB 96 hardware being installed in a PC with Windows 10 Pro OS ... (I tried to upload my PC hardware list ( *.nfo file) but forum site rejected this file extension)

The Universal Control installation software appears to load the driver, flags no errors, but the hardware does not list when UC is opened after a soft or hard boot.

My Windows *.nfo file indicates Win OS 10 rejected the Presonus installation PCR (platform confiuration module); hence the driver can't load. The bug seems to be in the installation file; something is not compatible. 'Trusted Platform Module' (Presonus) is not usable in its current form.

Any comments .... ideas ....

18 posts
Page 1 of 1