7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am having a problem with my headphone output being too low on my SL3 32S.

I am trying to track a guitar part that is fairly loud and I need to be in front of the amp (feedback, doncha know). The low level in the phones makes it difficult to hear the recorded parts.

The phones are set to come off the main mix.

Any suggestions?
by klypeman on Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:32 pm
What are the Ohm on the headphones ?
And brand.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by davidcarroll9 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:40 pm
klypeman wroteWhat are the Ohm on the headphones ?
And brand.

They're Beyerdynamic DT770s at 600Ω.Ω
by wahlerstudios on Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:07 pm
SOLVED - 600 Ohms belongs to the High Fidelity enthusiasts area. For live music you would prefer headphones between 50 and 80 Ohms or even less. ;-)
by davidcarroll9 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:12 pm
wahlerstudios wrote600 Ohms belongs to the High Fidelity enthusiasts area. For live music you would prefer headphones between 50 and 80 Ohms or even less. ;-)

Thanks for the info.

Actually, I was told they were appropriate for my previous DAW, a Roland VS-2480, and that's why I bought them. However, looking at its specs, the phone output impedance on it was 47 ohms, so I'm not sure why tech support suggested 600. They worked just fine with it so I never suspected there was a mismatch.

Anyway, as soon as I saw klypeman's question I realized I had overlooked that spec and figured that was my problem.

The SL's phone output impedance is 60 ohms. I like the DT770s and want another pair. They are offered in 32 and 80 ohms. Which would work the best?
by klypeman on Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:09 am
As Wahler said.
If you are going to use a pair with something like an Iphone as well I would consider 32 Ohm but standard to use is 80 Ohm and I use BD DT770 80 Ohm and Focal 32 Ohm and is quite happy with those, if you go for the BD’s there’s also the 770M they are damped a little bit more and has an own volume slider as well on the cable, I like them in live environments!

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by davidcarroll9 on Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:46 pm
klypeman wroteAs Wahler said.
If you are going to use a pair with something like an Iphone as well I would consider 32 Ohm but standard to use is 80 Ohm and I use BD DT770 80 Ohm and Focal 32 Ohm and is quite happy with those, if you go for the BD’s there’s also the 770M they are damped a little bit more and has an own volume slider as well on the cable, I like them in live environments!

Thanks. I'm only using them with the SL board, so 80 it is.

People on this forum have been unfailinglyu helpful and I appreciate it. :thumbup:

7 posts
Page 1 of 1