Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I’m trying to get my 16.4.2ai to connect to studio one 3 pro. I have the board and computer connected with FireWire. But the board has no FireWire link id it just says link id with slave and master as my only choices also in studio one when I go to setup it has every piece of Presonus gear to choose from except for the 16.4.2 ai. Can someone please help?
by SwitchBack on Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:47 am
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

An AI mixer doesn’t need link ID or a master/slave setting when connecting a single mixer to a computer. Just leave the ID at zero.

The StudioLive mixers with firewire are very picky regarding the computer’s firewire interface and chipset. Have a look here for an article on connecting mixer and computer, with related articles on firewire cards/interfaces/chipsets, bilingual firewire cables and computer configuration/tweaks at the bottom. Firewire is great but it isn’t plug&play :)
by christophermurray1 on Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:15 pm
But my board only says slave and master there is no zero
by christophermurray1 on Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:32 pm
It works on universal control but I don’t have 16.4.2 on my studio one interface list
by SwitchBack on Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:00 am
What’s your Operating System? And which version of Universal Control did you install?

5 posts
Page 1 of 1