FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi Folks,

I'm a new Studio One user. I have an interface on the way and need a control surface.
I saw the Faderport 8 and think it looks great! BUT it's 600 bucks.
The single fader Faderport V2 looks decent, too.
I'm kinda old school, so having all the faders on the 8 is very appealing.

Compared to only using a mouse, does the single Faderport improve workflow significantly. It's only $220.

Comparisons & opinions needed & appreciated, please!
by klypeman on Thu May 28, 2020 1:58 pm
I started up with the Classic Faderport and liked it much but changed to the Faderport 8 and that was a new ball game, I am still using it a lot in conjunction with a SLIII32 the zoom, scroll and bank is nice and it caters a bit more options than the Faderport V2.
The Faderport V2 is in between and will improve the workflow compared to non.
As you say yourself it's about money.
I would go for the V2 if the choice was between the Classic(old) and V2, but that's my 2cents.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by 60s Pop Man on Thu May 28, 2020 5:21 pm
Money is always an issue, so there's that.

Do you need to have your fingers on several faders at once or can you focus on building your song or mix one fader move at a time?

The FaderPort V2 is tightly intergrated with S1 and simply works great. It doesn't have as many function buttons as on the FP8 so you may want to compare the differences before making a final decision.

How many inputs do you need on your audio interface? If you're working alone, take a look at the new PreSonus ioSTATION 24c 2x2 USB-C Audio Interface and Production Controller. It has two inputs and the equivalent of the Faderport V2 in one unit. posting.php?mode=reply&f=337&t=39744

M1 Mini (16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) / macOS 13.6 / S1 6.5 Pro / Melodyne 5 Editor / Notion 6.8.4 / Faderport 8, Eris 5
by darrenporter1 on Thu May 28, 2020 7:20 pm
If you can afford it and you have the desk-space... 8 > 1 hands-down.

Something else to consider is Softube Fader 1. The Console 1 ecosystem is mind-blowing.

There are plusses and minuses with either (FaderPort 8 vs Softube Fader 1) but either one is fantastic IMO. Personally, I use a Faderport 8 together with the Console 1 and the workflow is great. The fact that the channel strips are amazing certainly is a bonus as well.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by Blades on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:55 pm
To backup @darrenporter1: The console 1 ecosphere is pretty cool. It's actually one of the compelling reasons that I'm not looking at Studio One 5! (though I'll likely get it anyway, because I'm a supporter and loyal to a fault).

I REALLY like my console 1 and the expansion to the British Class A. I reviewed the American Class, and will do more of that as my trial comes to a close on it - but regardless of all of that:

I REALLY like my Faderport 8. I find it more useful than a single would be, for a lot of reasons multiple sliders at a time being the most obvious. Multi-select channels from the controller, a more substantial desktop item, drum mixing!, and more. I have looked at the Console 1 Fader and as an owner of the Faderport 8 I don't see a reason to get it. If I didn't have the FP8, I think I would still opt for it over the C1F because of the integration, and specifically the transport controls, which are (of course), one of hte main attractions.

I got my FP8 on ebay as a "as new" purchase. Look there: mine was basically brand new - in box with no use that I could tell, and I think I paid something like $380 for it. Love it. Don't regret the decision!

Drummer and Singer mostly with some limited Guitar/Bass/Keys and a love for tech.
My personal website, with some useful videos and other music related things: https://blades.technology

Using:
Self-built i7 8700k/16gb/all SSD, S1 4 Pro, +Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab, PreSonus Studio 18|24 USB, Faderport 8, Tranzport, Edirol PCR-800, Pearl Mimic Pro and Roland V-Drums kit & Console 1 with SSL4000e + British Class A..
by klypeman on Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:09 am
As a LUNA user as well as SO I prefer FP8 with SO (would like a FP16) but the Softube Fader 1 is the only one I have been able to use in LUNA with some limitations. That is with the Console 1 plugins it is. The Softube UAD plugins if bought from UAD is sadly not controllable as the ones from Softube with Fader 1 or Console 1.
(At least I haven’t found a way to do so yet.)

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++

6 posts
Page 1 of 1