StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
We have used a SL 16.4.2 in our church for many years. I used to record music and Sermons with Capture. My laptop is a Dell Vostro running Win 10 and its old. I use a TI Express card Firewire ports. I did not have problems in the past. I have not done recording with Capture for a number of years. Recently upgraded to the newest versions of Capture, UC and Studio One.
When I connect everything the UC has no problem seeing the mixer and I have control through the UC but Capture will not record or playback through mixer. Same thing with the DAW. Am I missing something in the setup of the software?
by wahlerstudios on Sat May 16, 2020 2:54 pm
Universal Control v1.7.6 is the last version for your mixer and VSL "Virtual StudioLive" (not UC Surface) is the remote computer control. As all channels are routed 1:1 to the tracks in Capture, there should be signals showing up when the tracks are armed. In Studio One you need to load the template for your mixer when creating a new song. The template provides the routing. For playing back tracks to the mixer you have to engage the Digital/FireWire Input buttons of all channels.

I would not see any reason that you can see signals in VSL, but not in Capture. Control and Audio go through FireWire, they are not separated. Can you run Smaart on your VSL? This should indicate that audio is available on the computer.

You have probably tried to swap the FireWire ports. If not, it may be an idea to check the second port. I don't know if this applies also to the classic mixers: Changing the FireWire ID from 0 to 1 and back to 0 renews FireWire connections.

Hope this helps.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1