This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
18 posts
Page 1 of 1
There are groove templates from the following drum machines available at the Exchange Server.
The files were converted from Logic Groove Templates to Studio One presets. Thanks to the fine people from Logic Café for granting the permission to make them available to the Studio One Community!
The next post below describes how to install the grooves.

AKAI MPC 1000
Logic Café wroteAdd the groove of the MPC 1000 to your Logic Pro tracks with these custom Groove Quantizes. The quantizes included are 1/8, 1/8T, 1/16 and 1/16T quantizes with swing values from 50% through to 75%.
More info: http://logic-cafe.com/lc/index.php/gt-mpc-1k

AKAI MPC 3000
Logic Café wroteGet that sought after MPC feel in your music with these custom Groove Quantizes. The quantizes included are 1/16th note and 1/8 note quantizes with swing values from 50% through to 75%.
More info: http://logic-cafe.com/lc/index.php/gt-mpc-3000

Elektron SPS-1
Logic Café wroteLogic Café is pleased to bring to you the Swings of the Elektron SPS-1 drum machine as groove quantizes to be used in Logic Pro. There are two variations of 1/16 note quantize forms with all of the relevant percentages of swing values.
More info: http://logic-cafe.com/lc/index.php/gt-sps

EMU SP 1200
Logic Café wroteFollow the footsteps of Daft Punk, Roni Size, Todd Terry and more by adding the legendary feel of the EMU Systems SP 1200 Sampler Workstation to your tracks in Logoc Pro.
Logic Café is pleased to bring to you the swings of the EMU SP 1200 drum machine sampler, as groove quantizes to be used in Logic Pro. Included are 1/8 note and 1/16 note quantize forms with all of the relevant percentages of swing values.
More info: http://logic-cafe.com/lc/index.php/gt-sp1200

Ensoniq ASR10
Logic Café wroteGet the feel of Timbaland and Kanye West into your tracks with the Ensoniq ASR10 Groove Templates available free to download here at Logic Cafe. The grooves included are 1/8, 1/8T, 1/16, 1/16T, 1/32 and 1/32T note quantizes to use in your Logic Pro set up.
More info: http://logic-cafe.com/lc/index.php/gt-asr-10

Korg DDD-1
Logic Café wroteBring the quirky feel of the ground breaking Korg DDD-1 drum machine / sampler to your music with these custom Groove Templates. The quantizes included are 1/8th note, 1/8T note, 1/16th note and 1/16T note quantizes with swing values from 50% through to 88%. All quantizes and swing variations are as made available by the actual machine.
More info: http://logic-cafe.com/lc/index.php/gt-ddd-1

Oberheim DX
Logic Café wroteBring that classic 80's feel in your music with these custom Groove Quantizes. The quantizes included are 1/8th note, 1/12th note, 1/16th note, 1/24th note, 1/32 note and 1/48 note quantizes with swing values from 50% through to 95%. All quantizes and swing variations are as made available by the actual machine. Percentage of swing values vary from quantize to quantize, with more variations available for lower Q's (1/8 note) than the higher Q's (1/48 note).
More info: http://logic-cafe.com/lc/index.php/gt-dx
Last edited by sunmachine on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sonic Core XITE-1 SCOPE DSP Platform ~ Windows 7 Pro 64-bit@Mac Mini i7 (Late 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6
RME Fireface UCX ~ OS X 10.9.5@MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6

--
Try FastMail for better email!
by sunmachine on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:32 am
How to install the Grooves

1. Sign in to the Exchange Server

2a. Browse to the Soundsets folder of the Exchange...

...and then to the Logic Café subfolder:

2b. As an alternative to 2a you can also do a search for "coffee".

3. Select one of the Soundsets and click the green Install button.

4. Go to the Home page of the Studio One Browser and let it re-index the presets.

5. Open the Quantize Panel and open the groove menu. The newly installed presets should appear here (one folder per soundest).

The links to the web site for the original Groove Template files I posted above are also available from the Soundset description directly from within Studio One:

Sonic Core XITE-1 SCOPE DSP Platform ~ Windows 7 Pro 64-bit@Mac Mini i7 (Late 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6
RME Fireface UCX ~ OS X 10.9.5@MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6

--
Try FastMail for better email!
by ronpikes on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:31 pm
They're not downloading. Are they still available?
by ronpikes on Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:48 pm
My bad for the question. Just saw the no questions policy at the top.
by garryknight on Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:30 am
That just means don't make new posts asking questions as they belong in another forum. Should be perfectly fine to ask questions about the tips posted here.

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Logic Pro X, GarageBand
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by craigyork on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:45 am
Hi - I know this is a rather old post - but I downloaded the grooves; reindexed presets but when I click on the dropdown box in the qunatize panel I dont see the presets. I do see them in the soundset folder. I am using Studio One 3.2. What am I doing wrong?
by jpettit on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:35 am
They are grooves that show up in the Quantize Editor.
( The are basically swings patterns used in quantizing. )

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by craigyork on Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:40 pm
Thanks ... I do see those. I just don't see the ones I downloaded.
by TBURNA on Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:53 am
me too :( :roll:

EDIT : LOOK I FOUND IT :+1

Attachments
Found.jpg
by utpa on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:10 pm
I was having that same issue the templates wouldn't install. With my issue it was that the downloads couldn't find the appropriate folder to install. The problem was my files where all over the place. Some of files where downloaded multiple times as well as other conflicting files. The solution for me was to totally delete & re download the entire program(Studio One). After that the templates downloaded and installed with no problem. Exactly the way the instructed on the forum.(viewtopic.php?f=152&t=4345&p=21755&hilit=cafe+logic#p21755) :D

BTW : Some time its best to let software download to the file or location it chooses by default.
In some cases it performs and cooperates better. PEACE 8-)
by shqghwgc on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:52 pm
utpa wroteI was having that same issue the templates wouldn't install. With my issue it was that the downloads couldn't find the appropriate folder to install. The problem was my files where all over the place. Some of files where downloaded multiple times as well as other conflicting files. The solution for me was to totally delete & re download the entire program(Studio One). After that the templates downloaded and installed with no problem. Exactly the way the instructed on the forum.(viewtopic.php?f=152&t=4345&p=21755&hilit=cafe+logic#p21755) :D

BTW : Some time its best to let software download to the file or location it chooses by default.
In some cases it performs and cooperates better. PEACE 8-)

I seems as though its not available any more. Overtime I click on a preset, the download says failed. Does anyone have the soundset files available to send over?
by anthonydefusco on Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:20 pm
The groove template files downloaded for me just fine from the PreSonus Exchange server (search for "coffee"), but I will upload them here as an attachment for the benefit of others who are running into problems with the installation procedure.

[EDIT]: The Groove Templates archive (of .quantize files) has been updated and re-posted here. I have also posted a ZIP of the same groove templates as .soundset files.

Windows PC location of .quantize files

Windows PC location of .soundset files

Attachments
CoffeeGrooves_soundsets.zip
Merge the contents of the ZIP file by unzipping (with preserve folder layout) to the parent folder of the "Studio One" folder (the folder where user settings and files for Studio One get stored).
(179.83 KiB) Downloaded 614 times
CoffeeGrooves_LegacyDrumMachineGrooveTemplates.zip
Merge the contents of the ZIP file by unzipping (with preserve folder layout) to the parent folder of the "Studio One" folder (the folder where user settings and files for Studio One get stored). Be sure to "Re-index Presets" from the browser home menu after unzipping.
(133.97 KiB) Downloaded 580 times
Last edited by anthonydefusco on Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
by adrianmorgan on Mon May 27, 2019 10:40 am
This is DOPE yall. THX for the info and download.
by renzodatall on Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:13 pm
Presonus WHY are these not on the Presonus Exchange anymore!!!

Also thank you for the Zip it was hard to install and I ended up just dragging the files into studio one as I could not get them in any other way no matter where I put them and re-index. it would have been nice with a screen shot instruction, moreover can you please upload all of them this is only 1 groove out of each style.

Thanks ...
by sirmonkey on Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:25 pm
I'm curious... what exactly is this template? What I mean is, what does it do?

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by jasonlillebo on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:47 am
renzodatall wrotePresonus WHY are these not on the Presonus Exchange anymore!!!

Also thank you for the Zip it was hard to install and I ended up just dragging the files into studio one as I could not get them in any other way no matter where I put them and re-index. it would have been nice with a screen shot instruction, moreover can you please upload all of them this is only 1 groove out of each style.

Thanks ...

just had to reinstall my system. why arent these available anymore? I NEED THESE!!!! in the zip file here are only one of each machine. anybody still have the files?
by anthonydefusco on Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:33 pm
jasonlillebo wroteI NEED THESE!!!! in the zip file here are only one of each machine. anybody still have the files?

The Groove Templates archive (of .quantize files) has been updated and re-posted here. I have also posted a ZIP of the same groove templates as .soundset files. See my original post above.
by anthonydefusco on Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:59 pm
renzodatall wroteWHY are these not on the Presonus Exchange anymore!!!

Actually, as of today 2020-Apr-9, they still do exist in the revised Presonus Exchange server... just click the magnifying glass and search for "coffee".

18 posts
Page 1 of 1