13 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am running 2.6 blah blah blah. It's my understanding to get my iPad Remote to work I need to upgrade to a 3. something version. If I do this, will I be able to still play my songs created in my older version and will all my purchased plugins still show up?
Thank you.
by scottyo7 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:13 am
Yes they should work no problem. ;)

But there's always a possibility of issues.
One revision may work in your version 2 but you should also look for upgrades for all your 3rd party plugins to ensure they carry over to the new version.

For example your paths to your plugins may get shifted.
I take a screenshot of my "Options" window showing those paths before I do upgrades just to be sure I know what they all are. I may take screenshots of my Audio setup too.

I believe the sound engine in Studio One changed somewhere between version 2 and 3... whereas the PreSonus native plugins like their Compressor, Multi-band compression, etc. will have changed... thus potentially changing your sound (louder or quieter) on tracks containing those.

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by sirmonkey on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:24 am
Important: You can open a song made in ver 2.xxx with the latest version of S1, BUT:
If you simply save the song in ver 4.6, you won't be able to open it in the older version of S1.
You will want to rename the song when saving in 4.6, so a different file is created, just in
case you want the original song to be available in S1 ver 2.

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by allrics on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:57 am
I just read that Version 3 is no longer available to download which sucks. I not going to pay another $149 to get version 4. I am I wrong?
by allrics on Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:00 pm
I logged onto my account and found out I could download version 3 which I am doing now. However, it is really slow on Transfers of the Presence XT Core components. I am hardwired to my router. I can't believe how long this is taking. Is this normal? I am only on the first one which is Acoustic Guitars and there are about 10 or more left. Look like I'll be here all day. I don't remember Studio One Version 2 taking this long but maybe it did.
by allrics on Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:42 pm
Okay my last time complaining. Going on over 3 hours now and it's still load Presence XT Core Acoustic Guitars. I have really high speed internet. PreSonus, this is insane. Probably the last time I update something.
by Tacman7 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:06 pm
It doesn't all have to be done at once. I installed the program and was using it for some time before I setup the sound sets.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by allrics on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:04 am
I might have to do that. I took close to 8 hours for the Acoustic Guitar sound set to try and load and at the end it said failed. So I stopped all the rest and restarting the program. I restarted the program, The Acoustic set has been going since about 11:30 PM last night and now it's 8:00AM . That's 9 hours and it's only at 600MB out of 1,90 GB. This is insane. I might just stick with my Version 2.5 Studio One Pro and call it a day.
This is crazy, I was going to try and update to version 4 but I am not paying $149 to wait days for my sound sets to load. I love the program but this downloading is insane.
by Tacman7 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:39 am
I didn't change my sound sets between 3 and 4. I think they stayed the same.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by sirmonkey on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:56 pm
On the bright side, you can use ver2 just like before. But if you like some features of
version 3, just go as far as you can with ver2, and then continue in version 3 (but again,
use "SAVE AS (new filename)" if you want to be able to open the original in version 2.

Also, once or twice, I had some slow transfer times. I aborted after 5 minutes, and restarted.
The transfer then went WAY faster. I have no idea why, but sometimes that happens.
Maybe you could start a transfer when your done with whatever you're doing in S1 for the day.
If you're not going to use S1 overnight, maybe the inconvenience isn't so bad.
** As Tacman said, the instruments that you already have (probably) don't need to
be reloaded (sorry, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure)

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by allrics on Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:12 am
Thanks for all of your comments and help. I put a ticket into Support just to see what they would say. I was told because everyone is home, even Google is running slowly.That was their response. It took all day but I did get the sound sets installed and their is a difference between 2 and 3 with Presence XT. One of the main reasons I wanted ver 3 is iPad remote.My faderport USB wire isn't long enough for my situation so the iPad is helpful. It will be a cold day in hell when I pay $149 to upgrade to 4. For what I use it for, 2.62 was very stable for me. Let's hope I can say the same for 3.
by Bbd on Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:08 am
So did you solve your issue?

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by allrics on Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:06 am
Yes, after about 10 to 12 hours my sound sets finally downloaded. I did not use any of the loops just the Presence XT instruments. I installed another sata hard drive in my computer to store all of my music, data and video including all Presonus songs. Thanks for the help.

13 posts
Page 1 of 1