Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
41 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
Hi all.
Some updates.
Given that i still think that Quantum's driver should be improved to circumvent Win7/10 problems (my RME works perfectly as a multiclient audio and MIDI device), i tried some tricks that may help Presonus to spot the problem.

This trick "improve" the multiclient audio support but not the MIDI multiclient support.

Go to "Services" and look for "PreSonus Hardware Access Service" under the "Standard" tab.
Under the "Startup Type" column right click and go on "Properties" and set the Startup type as "Automatic (Delayed Start)".

With this option i have multiclient audio operations working most of the times. Only one time i got a problem about Quantum not being seen by the system, but after a Win reboot everything went fine.

The MIDI multiclient problem is NOT solved by this so is still a issue to be spotted out.
by jonhamilton2 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:24 am
On xmas break, was able to just now test the above suggestion, I followed it to a T,and it still doesn't work.

PreSonus fix this bug!

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by TerjeNorway on Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:43 am
I have a Quantum and the sound falls out when I'm playing a youtube video and at the same time open my DAW. But the sounds comes back after seconds so I don't see the "big" problem. Does any other driver manage to do this?

My system
Intel Core i9-10900K Processor
Noctua NH-U12A CPU cooler
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 64GB
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Gaming X Trio 12G
StarTech Thunderbolt Cable 2M (TBOLTMM2MW)
StarTech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (TBT3TBTADAP)
Neumann TLM 102 microphone
Presonus Quantum
Windows 10, Ableton 11, Cubase 10
by alfonsosantimone on Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:55 am
TerjeNorway wroteI have a Quantum and the sound falls out when I'm playing a youtube video and at the same time open my DAW. But the sounds comes back after seconds so I don't see the "big" problem. Does any other driver manage to do this?

RME drivers work perfectly.
Presonus needs definitely to fix this bug. Quantum's drivers are unstable when multiclient operations are needed. 9 out of 10 times multiclient operations don't work. They get stucked at 48kHz for example even if try to set it to 44.1...and they works on a app only at a time.
Please Presonus fix this.
by jonhamilton2 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:04 pm
Thank you for confirming this!! Presonus is most definitely aware of this bug.

Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
by alfonsosantimone on Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:21 pm
So let's hope for a fix soon!
by TerjeNorway on Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:52 am
I think this is fixed now with the Universal_Control_v2_10_0_50756 2.10.0.50756 driver update. At least my youtube sound does not disappear when I open my DAW at the same time

My system
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
Presonus Quantum
by jonhamilton2 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:00 am
Hey thanks, Can anyone else confirm this is fixed now?

by alfonsosantimone on Mon May 13, 2019 6:23 am
jonhamilton2 wroteHey thanks, Can anyone else confirm this is fixed now?

Well, sort of.
Most of the times i start my Win10 machine Presonus Quantum doesn't work wither as a system audio device and as ASIO device in my DAW.
I have to restart the whole system and then everything works.
This happens 99% of times.
But i don't know why. At least multiclient audio features seems more stable than before.
by aero3 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:30 am
For what is worth I have a similar problem on OSX.
Support has been unsatisfactory and confusing to say the least.

It's probably badly written drivers...
by TerjeNorway on Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:48 pm
aero3 wroteFor what is worth I have a similar problem on OSX.
Support has been unsatisfactory and confusing to say the least.

It's probably badly written drivers...

One problem with that statement cause OSX uses it's own audio drivers; Core Audio. Or do you mean OSX has bad audio drivers?

My system
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
Presonus Quantum
by alfonsosantimone on Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:45 am
Hi all, while stuck in my home studio another little free time to make some tests.
I reported few weeks ago another run..
viewtopic.php?p=223489#p223489

Now i've adbandoned the use of things like ASIOLink o VoiceMeeter Potato on my desktop machine because Presonus Quantum refuses to work as expected in a multiclient enviroment (either does not work as ASIO multiclient). I just use my Quantum as pure ASIO interface for my DAW (mostly Reaper and Ableton Live) and connected to my Monitor Station V2 the Soundblaster card via Optical out to a SPDIF converter and finally to the SPDIF in of Monitor Station.

i've totally disabled the Presonus as a system audio device and guess what....problems.
Everytime i start my Win10 64bit machine Quantum is set at 48kHz sample rate. Even if it was shut down at 44.1.
1 times out of 2 if i try to put it at 44.1 it returns suddenly at 48. When this behavior is shown no ASIO app will be able to start because of some kind of ASIO error. I have to restart the system one or two times and things go right.

Well i'd expect at least some word from Presonus that...is totally silent.
Very bad support i must say.
I ask myself what this forum is for or the support section is for...no interaction most of the times...no replies.
Probably my plan to expand to Quantum 4848 will sadly gonna change :-(
Very good hardware quality, bad software/driver quality, bad support.
by robertgray3 on Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:47 am
alfonsosantimone wroteHi all, while stuck in my home studio another little free time to make some tests.
I reported few weeks ago another run..
viewtopic.php?p=223489#p223489

Now i've adbandoned the use of things like ASIOLink o VoiceMeeter Potato on my desktop machine because Presonus Quantum refuses to work as expected in a multiclient enviroment (either does not work as ASIO multiclient). I just use my Quantum as pure ASIO interface for my DAW (mostly Reaper and Ableton Live) and connected to my Monitor Station V2 the Soundblaster card via Optical out to a SPDIF converter and finally to the SPDIF in of Monitor Station.

i've totally disabled the Presonus as a system audio device and guess what....problems.
Everytime i start my Win10 64bit machine Quantum is set at 48kHz sample rate. Even if it was shut down at 44.1.
1 times out of 2 if i try to put it at 44.1 it returns suddenly at 48. When this behavior is shown no ASIO app will be able to start because of some kind of ASIO error. I have to restart the system one or two times and things go right.

Well i'd expect at least some word from Presonus that...is totally silent.
Very bad support i must say.
I ask myself what this forum is for or the support section is for...no interaction most of the times...no replies.
Probably my plan to expand to Quantum 4848 will sadly gonna change :-(
Very good hardware quality, bad software/driver quality, bad support.

Just a note- this is a Community Support forum. It’s rare that someone from Presonus actually chimes in on posts here. They have a whole actual support system with Tickets and staff under the Presonus Knowledge Base.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by alfonsosantimone on Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:47 am
robertgray3 wrote
Just a note- this is a Community Support forum. It’s rare that someone from Presonus actually chimes in on posts here. They have a whole actual support system with Tickets and staff under the Presonus Knowledge Base.

Thanks. But several times i've got no answer via the ticket system...or just answers sounded lik...."Is like it is"....
I'll try again...
by alfonsosantimone on Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:57 am
I've just add a ticket...let's see what they say.
by robertgray3 on Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:01 pm
alfonsosantimone wrote
robertgray3 wrote

Thanks. But several times i've got no answer via the ticket system...or just answers sounded lik...."Is like it is"....
I'll try again...

Ok, hopefully you get somewhere with it but from my experience if Support views it as an expected function or limitation than it truly is what it is and discussing it in the forum, outside of a few very rare cases, won't do much. Honestly imo the forum here is for questions where you know something is possible but cant quite figure it out on your own and want to talk to other users.

For example (hypothetically) you saw somebody do something in a youtube tutorial but that same action doesnt work on your computer- in the forum here somebody will point out that your settings need to be adjusted, which you may or may not have known- stuff like that is where the forum here helps.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by TerjeNorway on Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:06 am
alfonsosantimone wrote

have you tried to force a firmware update? I think the device have to reset then. Also reinstall Universal control to be sure

My system
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
Presonus Quantum
by klypeman on Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:13 am
Try to start a song in 44.1 kHz 16bit, that did the trick for me once with Apollo Twin and Windows 10.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by alfonsosantimone on Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:55 am
TerjeNorway wrote
alfonsosantimone wrote
have you tried to force a firmware update? I think the device have to reset then. Also reinstall Universal control to be sure

Yes. No solution for my problem tho. I updated several time firmware and universal control (i have latest version of both)...but same problems.
by alfonsosantimone on Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:57 am
klypeman wroteTry to start a song in 44.1 kHz 16bit, that did the trick for me once with Apollo Twin and Windows 10.

Thanks for the hints guys but nothing solves that problem. Even starting a DAW is pratically impossible whent that problem occurs...i.e. Reaper just kind of freeze....Anyway Apollo is not Presonus so i guess different drivers, different problems.

41 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3